Enterbay: Django Unchained

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to my rep it is not due to low pre-orders it has to do with Weinstein company and the license.

I truly hope there is still a chance we get these. But if so, then I don't understand why Urban Collector is flat out telling me they are canceled.

Definitely not due to low preorders as I'm sure alot of people were waiting for enterbay to put it up for order on their website

Okay - to recap:

Breakersrevenge is a dealer and has direct contact with EB - and we can infer from what he says that the Django figures will go on sale in April.

shadowfla is basing his cancellation confirmation on a an Italian newspaper with no direct ties to any source that seems to have inferred the cancellation of the NECA figures means the EB figures won't happen.

no I don't I am refferring about the official italian seller by enterbay..
who has spoken with bill directly--
I didn't have read the newspaper you are speaking for..

I think it's a no go and this is why. breakersrevenge said that it was all systems go and then he sort of hinted that he changed his tune on the last page, his last post simply told us to wait for an official news update which basically means they are canceled.

I think it's a no go and this is why. breakersrevenge said that it was all systems go and then he sort of hinted that he changed his tune on the last page, his last post simply told us to wait for an official news update which basically means they are canceled.

nice shot...:exactly::goodpost:

or simply writing
shadowfla wrote: this figures will never see the light....

breakersrevenge wrote:
And you could be right!!!

Nope. You'll never see em. Blame it on expensive license agreements and not obtaining them correctly. This is the same reason you won't see any Walking Dead figures for quite some time.

no they have got problems with an anti-racial petition..to block the release..not for low preorder or anything else...

Nope. You'll never see em. Blame it on expensive license agreements and not obtaining them correctly. This is the same reason you won't see any Walking Dead figures for quite some time.
If it's the same issue as is affecting the NECA figures then I'm not sure they wouldn't have obtained the license correctly. Probably simply that Weinstein has a stipulation in any licensing contract that the license rights may be removed with their discretion for various reasons. The licensors hold the leverage in those kinds of agreements in the vast majority of cases, and I'm sure get away with this kind of thing because otherwise collectible companies wouldn't have cool licenses to produce collectibles from. Having said that, I would also imagine the Weinstein would be responsible for recouping losses incurred by NECA or Enterbay due to their deciding to cut things off long after R&D and other levels of development have been undertaken. Hopefully none of these companies would enter into a contract without that kind of protection.

This is what I meant by not obtaining the licenses correctly. This happens a lot. I don't think for one minute that it had to do with any racial issues. From a reliable source and friends in the business, this doesnt happen THAT often. It can, but thats not teh case here I think. Another issue is, that companies start to produce these figures before they even get a license....which I hope isnt the case here. You can get hit with all kinds of legal issues. The truth would have to come from Bill himself. We can speculate all day long.

anyone got popcorn?

97pbN.gif

I wasn't buying the cancellation before, but I'm agreeing with you now for the reasons stated. :(

I just noticed on FB, Wai Man is refunding everybody who PO'd with him.

Think that says it all without an official statement.

Back