Enterbay 24 Jack Bauer 1/6th Scale Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should mention, that the dry rot really became apparent while I was (carefully) removing the jacket from the body. I noticed that the pleather just started cracking and flaking.

In any case, I'm going to throw away the bag and jacket, because dry rot is caused by a fungus, and I don't want the spores to spread to other materials.

I should mention, that the dry rot really became apparent while I was (carefully) removing the jacket from the body. I noticed that the pleather just started cracking and flaking.

In any case, I'm going to throw away the bag and jacket, because dry rot is caused by a fungus, and I don't want the spores to spread to other materials.

It does look bad, but, I wouldn't be certain if something Subway did or didn't do has caused this. SciFi's jacket is fine and so is mine, and I've not seen it on any other Subway jackets I've seen posted.

It does look bad, but, I wouldn't be certain if something Subway did or didn't do has caused this. SciFi's jacket is fine and so is mine, and I've not seen it on any other Subway jackets I've seen posted.

Well, Subway dropped the ball, by not including any silica gels in their packaging. That's like putting an expiration date on their product.

That said, I seriously wouldn't recommend for anyone to get the Subway figure at this point in time (like I did). The figures were released a few years ago, and given an adequate amount of time, with piss poor storing conditions, it's almost a guarantee for mold and dry rot to set in.

Last edited:
Well, Subway dropped the ball, by not including any silica gels in their packaging. That's like putting an expiration date on their product.

That said, I seriously wouldn't recommend for anyone to get the Subway figure at this point in time (like I did). The figures were released a few years ago, and given an adequate amount of time, with piss poor storing conditions, it's almost a guarantee for mold and dry rot to set in.

Sorry to see you had the same problem with the jacket as I did. Here is a pic of mine. image.jpg

I didn't hear back from the seller regarding a replacement jacket, so ordered a separate from the ebay link you posted. Although I was very careful putting it on the figure, there is already a tiny split in, scared to touch it now in case it gets worse! I hadn't noticed anything wrong with the messenger bag, but I'm a bit worried now looking at your photos! This figure is going to end up costing me a lot of money!
Any luck getting the foot pegs out of the boots by the way? Was a struggle for me, but got there in the end.

Ok, that's two of you, but, I wouldn't go writing off the figure as a whole yet. With regard to any loose jackets it will depend on where and how they've been stored as to what condition they will be in. If you really feel strongly about it though, contact Subway themselves and see what they have to say on the subject.

Does anyone know if the Subway Hero Jack can be customized with the Enterbay one? I want to know if the head sculpt from Enterbay can be placed on the body from 24 Hero Subway..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

Ok thanks for your reply! Can the clothes be customized then? I mean.. If I have the body and sculpt from Enterbay and the clothes from 24 Hero.. will it fit?..

Yes, the clothes from the Subway figure will fit, but, as has been said, if the jacket hasn't been stored well, you could experience the issues detailed above. Always ask the seller to check the condition of the clothes/figure before buying.

Thanks for the info! Really appreciate it, it really helps with making a descision on what to do! Just one more question: What about the hands.. will the hands from the 24 Hero fit on the Enterbay body?

Difficult to say for certain, they look like they might, but, there are hands for many EB figures available loose. I bought a complete set from the Leon figure. Personally, if you were to go the EB route then I'd just go for the clothes from the Subway figure.

Is there a substantial improvement switching from the standard Enterbay body he comes with to the RM-5? Also, how good does the RM-4.2 body look? To me it looks the same as the RM-5 in most ways.

The RM-1 was mainly ABS and was heavy, the ankles weren't very strong or terribly well articulated. They had an odd stance too and didn't lend themselves well to many poses. The RM-5 may be similar in shape, but it has better articulation and a rubber upper torso with an articulated neck. The arms can do more and so can the ankles, making for a much more poseable and stable body. Also, the clothes fit it perfectly. Therefore it's the best body for Jack.

The RM-4.2 is taller, about the same as a TT and is too tall for Jack, the Subway and EB clothes may not fit it.

Ok, that's two of you, but, I wouldn't go writing off the figure as a whole yet. With regard to any loose jackets it will depend on where and how they've been stored as to what condition they will be in. If you really feel strongly about it though, contact Subway themselves and see what they have to say on the subject.

I bet there are probably more people, but they just don't realize it, and haven't been posting their problems in this thread. I'd seriously recommend for those who have gotten this figure to go and inspect their jackets and the bags to make sure that nothing's wrong with them.

And by the way, I didn't buy a loose jacket, I bought the whole figure. But, like I said before, Subway did not include silica gels in their packaging, and that's just asking for problems. Figure boxes can be stored in humid environments (eg. a tropical climate where it rains often). But, as long as there's something to take away the moisture - like silica packets, the figures can be preserved.

And besides... Subway is an unofficial company based in China, so it might be a bit difficult to contact them for an "official" answer :lol

Yes, the clothes from the Subway figure will fit, but, as has been said, if the jacket hasn't been stored well, you could experience the issues detailed above. Always ask the seller to check the condition of the clothes/figure before buying.

That might not actually work out. It's most likely, that the seller would just check the jacket, see that it looks "fine" in an initial inspection, and ship it off it. However, the real problem becomes apparent when you start to articulate the figure and bend the jacket. It just tears and flakes; first gradually, and then it becomes worse.

Last edited:
Sorry to see you had the same problem with the jacket as I did. Here is a pic of mine.View attachment 110385

I didn't hear back from the seller regarding a replacement jacket, so ordered a separate from the ebay link you posted. Although I was very careful putting it on the figure, there is already a tiny split in, scared to touch it now in case it gets worse! I hadn't noticed anything wrong with the messenger bag, but I'm a bit worried now looking at your photos! This figure is going to end up costing me a lot of money!
Any luck getting the foot pegs out of the boots by the way? Was a struggle for me, but got there in the end.

That's very disheartening, that even your replacement jacket has problems :slap.

I'm still trying to get the foot pegs out. I might end up cutting the boots to get better leverage.

Well, mine is fine and it can get quite hot in my room. The pleather or whatever is still flexible, I just picked it up and looked at it and I'd have to say that it's in mint condition. It was bought new too. So, I'd be inclined to think that any with rot weren't stored properly.

I'd certainly say that people should be wary of the jackets, but, I wouldn't completely put anyone off buying the figure, or the jacket.

Well, mine is fine and it can get quite hot in my room. The pleather or whatever is still flexible, I just picked it up and looked at it and I'd have to say that it's in mint condition. It was bought new too. So, I'd be inclined to think that any with rot weren't stored properly.

I'd certainly say that people should be wary of the jackets, but, I wouldn't completely put anyone off buying the figure, or the jacket.

Your jacket is okay, because you opened it up early, exposed it to air, and gave the material room to "breathe" - which is very important, considering (I reiterate) that the figure did not come packaged with silica gels as a preventative measure against moisture and fungus.

But, considering what I mentioned, both cdm and I bought our Subway figures late compared to most of you in this thread. You guys bought your figures when they were just released. But, our figures have been rotting away in the boxes for two-plus years in mainland China - which is more than enough time for dry-rot to set in. So, I certainly cannot recommend for anyone else to take a similar risk spending $99 for a figure that's probably disintegrating as we speak.

Last edited:
Ok, fine, maybe not the boxed figure, but, not many on here really want the boxed figure, only the clothes, one would imagine that at least some loose ones would have made it out ok. That was what I meant about sellers checking the condition, I was talking about loose jackets and not boxed figures.

Anyway, good luck to anyone that wants them...

Back