Enterbay - 1/4 scale RoboCop 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am. I don't consider myself a purist, or anything like that. I see an amazing 1/4 Robocop representation and I want it in my collection. I'm also getting the HT one, so I couldn't be happier as a robocop fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is good to hear buddy.

It seems that just being associated with the third film turned a lot of buyers of this figure but I suppose your reason throws that out of the park. For me, 1/4 is not my thing but Robocop would be one of a few characters that I would break my rule for but this one is not it.

It would be nice to hear what angle that EB took with this figure? Surely they should just have released this a 'general' Robocop figure, using inspiration from all three films to put him together.

Robocop was one of my favorite movies growing up . So this was a no brainer along with the Hot Toys Releases. Can't wait :)

Robocop was one of my favorite movies growing up . So this was a no brainer along with the Hot Toys Releases. Can't wait :)

Robocop 1987 is in my top five movies list but I would not let that sway me into buying this EB version. The HT one will represent Robocop in my collection.

You see that is what is bugging me with this figure. Surely EB knew that fans of the original would not buy this because of it's association with the god awful third film but it is packaged as a Robocop 3 figure. :dunno

It seems that the collectors that will pick him up are not purist or are all that fussed what film he is based on just as long as they have a great looking Robocop figure to display but then EB should have just sold him as a 1/4 Robocop figure featuring different parts from each film.

Robocop 1987 is in my top five movies list but I would not let that sway me into buying this EB version. The HT one will represent Robocop in my collection.

If only EB would have done the details right I wouldn't mind buying the figure and repaint it, I already did this as a model kit years ago.

It's me or the movement is very limited? The elbows seem to have a really small angle, plus it seems that the shoulders just rotate, no double joint system.

You see that is what is bugging me with this figure. Surely EB knew that fans of the original would not buy this because of it's association with the god awful third film but it is packaged as a Robocop 3 figure. :dunno

They probably couldn't get the lisence for the 1987 film and this was their only other option.

It seems that the collectors that will pick him up are not purist or are all that fussed what film he is based on just as long as they have a great looking Robocop figure to display but then EB should have just sold him as a 1/4 Robocop figure featuring different parts from each film.

Yeah but this is not a good looking Robocop figure according to the majority here. :lol

If only EB would have done the details right I wouldn't mind buying the figure and repaint it, I already did this as a model kit years ago.

It's me or the movement is very limited? The elbows seem to have a really small angle, plus it seems that the shoulders just rotate, no double joint system.

They probably couldn't get the lisence for the 1987 film and this was their only other option.

Yeah but this is not a good looking Robocop figure according to the majority here. :lol

Hence my point as to why EB should have just released him as a '1/4 Deluxe Robocop' figure and to label it as a Robocop 3 figure may cost them.

Yeah it looks awkward to move as well and I'm glad this was an easy pass for me.

I'm not usually one for saying 'this version is better than that version' but man the HT one ****s all over the EB one.

What a confusing figure, being sold as a Robocop 3 figure but with Robocop 2 BD and the Peter Weller mouth plates. :slap

And now these underwhelming pictures. How many people are planning on picking him up from here?

i'm actually in for this as well. i'm not pleased that this is based on the third movie, but regardless i still think this figure looks amazing still. yeah, some recent pics cast a bad light on the figure, but i'm assuming and hoping it'll be better in hand, as i've seen too many bad pictures taken of figures that actually look incredible in hand. i want one high end robocop figure in my collection and i believe this is my one figure. i understand some of you guys had bad experiences with enterbay, but i can only judge from my own experiences, and so far it's been great and all my figures from them have been flawless. so hopefully that trend continues for me.

i'm actually in for this as well. i'm not pleased that this is based on the third movie, but regardless i still think this figure looks amazing still. yeah, some recent pics cast a bad light on the figure, but i'm assuming and hoping it'll be better in hand, as i've seen too many bad pictures taken of figures that actually look incredible in hand. i want one high end robocop figure in my collection and i believe this is my one figure. i understand some of you guys had bad experiences with enterbay, but i can only judge from my own experiences, and so far it's been great and all my figures from them have been flawless. so hopefully that trend continues for me.

Yeah I agree it is always best to see your figure in-hand and my EB experience is very limited as I have only bought once from them and there was no problems apart from them taking a while to reply to emails so I do not really know about how good their figures hold up although I have read about them but like I say my knowledge is limited.

Obviously you are happy with this to represent Robocop in your collection and that is all that matters.

Well, thankfully for some of us, the majority's opinion doesn't mean jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree.

All the things that seemed to be unnecessarily driving up the price just feel even more off putting now.

How many people are going to display it with the Burke head? The jet pack? Like difabio was saying, I'm sure a robocop minus the third film specific accessories but at a cheaper price is way more appealing to most than what we are actually getting.

It's not even like you have any opportunity to subsidise the cost by selling the stuff you don't need it won't use. There won't be a market for it and who will want to purchase an unmasked Burke head to sit in the box next to the other one they aren't using? (Insert I'd buy that for a dollar joke - oh wait wrong film)

if its about details hot toys make it better than enterbay besides they always add more stuffs to display different

Finally some decent pics :

https://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid-1832823.html

127_54611_0184afc7bb29cc2.jpg

Wow!! The details on this figure is awesome! It's still missing that blue-purple tint paint color but maybe because of the photography studio lighting? Still want to see in-hand straight out of the box style pictures first.

This figure will look great next to my HT 1/4 Endo. Offtopic but even that Endo isnt totally movie acurrate with the shiny chrome plating and it's still my favorite piece.

Pretty flippen nice if you ask me:

Attachments

• 127_54611_a7678d85720fa90.jpg
    127_54611_a7678d85720fa90.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 656
  • 127_54611_7554b511b080ea0.jpg
    127_54611_7554b511b080ea0.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 477
  • 127_54611_3023181c78ceeaf.jpg
    127_54611_3023181c78ceeaf.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 390
  • 127_54611_a2f24d135b45696.jpg