Enterbay - 1/4 scale RoboCop 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have decided to get this as the Hot Toys one ain't out until August now. So we have all that time to decide to sell it on if we don't like it.

Predator is the only other 1:4 scale figure I want and that's the big four icons sorted! :)

My internal debate continues. The HT one is clearly better (assuming the final product can be as good as the proto) but as Eamon said there's also the consideration of the scale. Do I want Robocop in 1:4 scale aswell as in 1:6? I'm fairly certain this will be the only chance to get one for years to come. On the other hand I also see an opportunity to draw a line and say that I'm only going to collect Terminator at high end 1:4 scale. Buying a high-end Robocop conceivably opens my collector mind to 1:4 scale Predator and Alien (whereas I had hoped to limit those to NECA low-end). Decisions, decisions.

dude , don't decide so early , you know why ? Coz Bill said himself , EB will release 1:4 Micheal Jordan , Godfather and Mr. Bean this year !!!!

Mr Bean? Seriously? And they're gonna start having NBA dominate their 1:4 scale output aswell? :slap

No interest in any of those anyway if true.

I think it's safe to say that Enterbay will never beat Hot Toys dude. That said, they still make amazing figures and some of us like our movie icons big! :)

:huh What are you talking about? Enterbay has produced the best likeness to Ledger and Bale as Batman and the best likeness to Arnold (BD Terminator) as well. Not to mention that all these figures look more realistic than anything Hot Toys has ever produced. This figure doesn't look too bad but this is the first time Hot Toys has beaten them both in accuracy and in realism for the same character. I think EB make the best looking figures overall but they just don't have the quality Hot Toys has.

I loved mr bean as a kid... But damn if I were to spend $450!!!

This Robo is definitely going on my shelve. Along with the HT one and maybe a couple of Neca ones as well. Pure Robo Badassery. ED might look out of place.... Maybe two HT robos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:huh What are you talking about? Enterbay has produced the best likeness to Ledger and Bale as Batman and the best likeness to Arnold (BD Terminator) as well. Not to mention that all these figures look more realistic than anything Hot Toys has ever produced. This figure doesn't look too bad but this is the first time Hot Toys has beaten them both in accuracy and in realism for the same character. I think EB make the best looking figures overall but they just don't have the quality Hot Toys has.

can't agree more.....:clap

Mr Bean? Seriously? And they're gonna start having NBA dominate their 1:4 scale output aswell? :slap

No interest in any of those anyway if true.

that's true , last time we chatted with Bill on line , he told us these projects .

You gotta take into account that the HT Robo IS not out yet. We Don't know how it's going to turn out. I really hope it comes out as amazing as those pics though! And I can say, IMO, no one has gotten Heath ledgers Joker's likeness right. But maybe I'm just biased, as I really don't care for that specific Joker iteration.

I guess I just don't understand all the hate towards this specific product. It's Robo 3. It's not Weller (well, two face plates are). It is what it is. People posting comparisons with the HT one (which is in a complete different scale, BTW) blow my mind. Want the HT? Great! Buy it! We don't care!

You gotta take into account that the HT Robo IS not out yet. We Don't know how it's going to turn out. I really hope it comes out as amazing as those pics though! And I can say, IMO, no one has gotten Heath ledgers Joker's likeness right. But maybe I'm just biased, as I really don't care for that specific Joker iteration.

I guess I just don't understand all the hate towards this specific product. It's Robo 3. It's not Weller (well, two face plates are). It is what it is. People posting comparisons with the HT one (which is in a complete different scale, BTW) blow my mind. Want the HT? Great! Buy it! We don't care!

you should know HT's official pics are always different with those in-hand pics , some figues I think even have 10-20% gap when you compared with their damn couples of months ago proto pics . But EB when they release their official pics which looks very close to their mass production goods they will sell it very soon

You gotta take into account that the HT Robo IS not out yet. We Don't know how it's going to turn out. I really hope it comes out as amazing as those pics though!

That's true, may turn out worse than this since all we are seeing is the prototype.

And I can say, IMO, no one has gotten Heath ledgers Joker's likeness right. But maybe I'm just biased, as I really don't care for that specific Joker iteration.

No I agree, I am just saying the likeness is better than Hot Toys version.

Yeah I found that weird as well, this thread mainly seems to be full of people that want to post how much they hate this figure. There seems to be more people in this thread that hate this figure than those that want it. Have never really come across a thread that has so much negativity towards the figure the thread is about. I guess it must be because a lot of people feel let down by Enterbay and feel they need to get their frustrations off their chest. :dunno

Robocop 3 ? The EB's paint is not even close to the movie it tries to replicate.

I saw the Prime Directives last night (Yeah...shame on me) and it was just plain silver like...Enterbay. Too dirty ? Sure. How about the TV series with R.Eden ? Paint is spot on.

When you are trying too hard to highlight the blue and purple tint then it's already not a good sign IMO. They just applied a high quality paint as you can tell from the close-up pictures but they just left what makes a Robocop suit beautiful to look at.

Still buy it though. And will buy the HT as well.

Robocop 3 ? The EB's paint is not even close to the movie it tries to replicate.

I saw the Prime Directives last night (Yeah...shame on me) and it was just plain silver like...Enterbay. Too dirty ? Sure. How about the TV series with R.Eden ? Paint is spot on.

When you are trying too hard to highlight the blue and purple tint then it's already not a good sign IMO. They just applied a high quality paint as you can tell from the close-up pictures but they just left what makes a Robocop suit beautiful to look at.

Still buy it though. And will buy the HT as well.

So, you don't like the painting because it is not beautiful to look at yet still you plan on getting it?

Not sure if serious...but congrats! It does look like an amazing piece to display!

That's true, may turn out worse than this since all we are seeing is the prototype.

No I agree, I am just saying the likeness is better than Hot Toys version.

Yeah I found that weird as well, this thread mainly seems to be full of people that want to post how much they hate this figure. There seems to be more people in this thread that hate this figure than those that want it. Have never really come across a thread that has so much negativity towards the figure the thread is about. I guess it must be because a lot of people feel let down by Enterbay and feel they need to get their frustrations off their chest. :dunno

Yeah. Haters gonna hate. But yeah, it's all good. I guess that's why this board exists.

I don't really have a problem comparing scales - especially not when both are high-end, both with a comparable ability to make it look like what its supposed to look like and to have the quality one expects at these pricepoints. And if they truly aren't comparable why are we seeing so many say that HT have done the better job? Surely EB would be better by default given that its a larger scale. Saying they shouldn't be compared in such circumstances only makes EB look worse off if anything.

I absolutely do think 2 different scales can be compared. Unless maybe you're talking about 1:1 against 1:6 but even then a better likeness is a better likeness, no matter the size. I've seen statues and busts with crappy likenesses, bested by what we have at 1:6.

Point taken- but aside from the fact that this is a Robo 3 figure (a deal breaker for almost 98% of the members commenting) I don't see how the HT it is superior. I do believe they both complement each other extremely well and that having both on a shelf would be unreal. And if your budget only allows one, then you can't really go wrong with either one. Thankfully, I'm getting both and I couldn't be happier, it's just, the whole hating on this figure based on obvious choices EB had to make get old. My two cents at least.

I'm glad I'm not a purist, I really don't care about that stuff at all.

Its certainly handy to be able to get both. I could but I'm still undecided merely on whether or not I should buy Robocop at 1:4 scale or just be happy having him at 1:6. I'm allowing some of the complaints to play a role in that decision - the paint, the fact that there are apparently inaccuracies and also the possibiliy of QC ****ups. I'm not bothered really by the Robocop 3-related complaints, I feel that the Weller-mouths are sufficient to alleviate those.

So, you don't like the painting because it is not beautiful to look at yet still you plan on getting it?

Not sure if serious...but congrats! It does look like an amazing piece to display!

You imply something I didn't say. I never had any problem with silver coloured suit. It just lacks what it takes to take to it to another level.
It will have a great shelf presence for sure. I can't wait to have in hand and display it properly.

You imply something I didn't say. I never had any problem with silver coloured suit. It just lacks what it takes to take to it to another level.
It will have a great shelf presence for sure. I can't wait to have in hand and display it properly.

Apologies for that-

Yes, I can't wait either.

Back