Enterbay - 1/4 scale RoboCop 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I admit my previous resolve is wavering somewhat. It just occurred to me when looking at my collection the other night that I have Terminator, Predator and Alien represented at 1:4 scale but I won't have Robocop represented unless I buy this (I put my NECA one in the attic, it's just too obviously low end for my liking). I'm not sure if my collector brain can live with omitting one of the big 4 A&R icons like that. My other rationale is that this will probably be the only one they make, so it's not like buying it will entail being roped into buying a bunch of other associated stuff in the future.

Why do I think it will be the only one they make? Because all they could get was Robocop 3 and this has switch out BD parts already. It doesn't leave much they could do.

Having said all this, I'm still hesitant to spend a big chunk of money at the moment so I may not get it. I'm only posting this so that anyone who happens to have paid attention to my decision process on this figure won't be surprised either way if in the future I post a collection photo and this guy is or isn't in it :lol

It be awesome if EB would do a Battle Damage Robocop 2 with cannon rifle and PW headsculpt.

But HT probably also has a lock on that license. As probably hinted from the Cain backstage photo.

I admit my previous resolve is wavering somewhat. It just occurred to me when looking at my collection the other night that I have Terminator, Predator and Alien represented at 1:4 scale but I won't have Robocop represented unless I buy this (I put my NECA one in the attic, it's just too obviously low end for my liking). I'm not sure if my collector brain can live with omitting one of the big 4 A&R icons like that. My other rationale is that this will probably be the only one they make, so it's not like buying it will entail being roped into buying a bunch of other associated stuff in the future.

Why do I think it will be the only one they make? Because all they could get was Robocop 3 and this has switch out BD parts already. It doesn't leave much they could do.

Having said all this, I'm still hesitant to spend a big chunk of money at the moment so I may not get it. I'm only posting this so that anyone who happens to have paid attention to my decision process on this figure won't be surprised either way if in the future I post a collection photo and this guy is or isn't in it :lol

you cannot resist, you must purchase him, you cannot deny your destiny

Just like EB at the beginning, HT has shown the BACK of the Helmet less HS. Do we know for a fact that they have the likeness right for PW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely wouldn´t, Andrew.
But good thing you´re being strong for the moment.
:lol

I absolutely wouldn´t, Andrew.
But good thing you´re being strong for the moment.
:lol

I just...I just

This would be my plan - if I buy EB Robocop, reduce my Hot Toys figure plans by one (had in mind to be 3 Robos - 2 basic and 1 with chair<<<>>>reduce to 2 HT Robos, 1 basic and 1 with chair). Also be sure I can clear EB Robocop off my card immediately.

I just...I just

This would be my plan - if I buy EB Robocop, reduce my Hot Toys figure plans by one (had in mind to be 3 Robos - 2 basic and 1 with chair<<<>>>reduce to 2 HT Robos, 1 basic and 1 with chair). Also be sure I can clear EB Robocop off my card immediately.

Dude...although I kinda got into the multiples game now too, I don´t do it with every release.
Just let of some steam, man. You can´t multi-display everything.
It´s awesome and those are made for this, but even Robo?
I mean...he´s even more expensive then normal, due to being diecast...

Dude...although I kinda got into the multiples game now too, I don´t do it with every release.
Just let of some steam, man. You can´t multi-display everything.
It´s awesome and those are made for this, but even Robo?
I mean...he´s even more expensive then normal, due to being diecast...

It was always the plan from the beginning and they were ordered way back. Well (2 Robos, I was planning to get the 3rd off Timcent to get it early).
Technically if I reduce my HT plans in favour of getting the EB one I won't be ''adding'' expenditure that wasn't always planned, well maybe a few dollars.

I buy EB Robocop, reduce my Hot Toys figure plans by one (had in mind to be 3 Robos - 2 basic and 1 with chair<<<>>>reduce to 2 HT Robos, 1 basic and 1 with chair). Also be sure I can clear EB Robocop off my card immediately.
sounds like a winning plan

The $600 price tag makes it an easy decision for me. I still have to talk myself into getting the HT Robo. If it too has an asian voice that will be a deal breaker.

It was always the plan from the beginning and they were ordered way back. Well (2 Robos, I was planning to get the 3rd off Timcent to get it early).
Technically if I reduce my HT plans in favour of getting the EB one I won't be ''adding'' expenditure that wasn't always planned, well maybe a few dollars.

A few?
Even if you get "only" 2, you will technicall add 1 1/2 half more Robo wih the 1 EB, which may end up having faulty tech.
I wouldn´t risk that and you would spent even more money, mate.

Enterbay - RoboCop

A few?
Even if you get "only" 2, you will technicall add 1 1/2 half more Robo wih the 1 EB, which may end up having faulty tech.
I wouldn´t risk that and you would spent even more money, mate.

What tells you the HT one won't have faulty tech? Also, it's die-cast.. how it will look 2,3 years from now is a mystery.

I get that $600 is a very hard pill to swallow, and it's keeping some Robo fans out. But I have hope (and based on the pics) that this is and will be an amazing piece to own and display proudly. I'm also getting the HT Robo-chair combo.

Compared with the avalanche of IM and batman (TDK trilogy) releases, this isn't all that bad....

I just realized that I've spent almost $1500 in 3 mother- ****ing figures based on this License (EB Robo, ht Robo and ED). Jesus. So it is maybe a little bad, but whatever. It's freaking Robocop.

Get it, A- dev.

You too, snoop101. This one speaks like freaking all American Weller.

I just realized that I've spent almost $1500 in 3 mother- ****ing figures based on this License (EB Robo, ht Robo and ED). Jesus. So it is maybe a little bad, but whatever. It's freaking Robocop.
lol, i know that feeling, luckily im collecting 2 paychecks atm(severance pay from old job plus new job)

i think im going to upgrade to the ht chair robo, might as well go all the way

What tells you the HT one won't have faulty tech? Also, it's die-cast.. how it will look 2,3 years from now is a mystery.

I get that $600 is a very hard pill to swallow, and it's keeping some Robo fans out. But I have hope (and based on the pics) that this is and will be an amazing piece to own and display proudly. I'm also getting the HT Robo-chair combo.

Compared with the avalanche of IM and batman (TDK trilogy) releases, this isn't all that bad....

Get it, A- dev.

You too, snoop101. This one speaks like freaking all American Weller.

I mean the remote controlled stuff, when I talk about faulty tech.
HT´s Robo won´t have that and I can easily overlook the sound, IF it´s bad, but I doubt it, cause Murphy´s lines were much clearer in the movie, then ED´s.
It sure´ll be a showstealer, but I´m not getting it. I got 2 1/4´s.
And I´m happy with those.
But who´s getting him: Power to you and looking forward to pics and reviews.

Well if I do get this, in addition to reducing my HT plans by one figure, I will also cancel the Thor figure that I have on order. I think I can do without him moreso than I'd be willing to further scale back my HT Robocop plans.

A-Dev, I am going to get the Hot Toys one as well. There is just too much fun between to two figures to ignore.

This is so rocking but the Hot Toys is definitely more screen accurate and you get that exposed eye helmet which is all kinds of cool.

I will have the Enterbay clean and the Hot Toys one all beat up. Like I did with T2.

A-Dev, I am going to get the Hot Toys one as well. There is just too much fun between to two figures to ignore.

This is so rocking but the Hot Toys is definitely more screen accurate and you get that exposed eye helmet which is all kinds of cool.

I will have the Enterbay clean and the Hot Toys one all beat up. Like I did with T2.

Same here! ; )

Back