ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - The Joker Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why are people paying $500 for this on ebay

its $375 at bigbadtoystore for waiting a little bit

why are people paying $500 for this on ebay

its $375 at bigbadtoystore for waiting a little bit

Kind of wishing I'd known yesterday before I went Enterbay direct. Some of what I've read makes me nervous. I suppose I won't get tracking and it could arrive in 2-6 weeks. :dunno

A front shot. Likeness is very impressive in person, btw...pics really don't do it justice...

heath.jpg

I still don't love the sculpt, but I do think it looks better from the front without makeup. It looks more like Ledger than the painted looks like Joker. Don't worry, I'm not trying to open the "looks like actor vs. character" can of worms.

The unpainted eye area looks really good - everything from the nose up seems pretty spot on. But the bottom half of the face is a little big / beefy for me.

I still don't love the sculpt, but I do think it looks better from the front without makeup. It looks more like Ledger than the painted looks like Joker. Don't worry, I'm not trying to open the "looks like actor vs. character" can of worms.

The unpainted eye area looks really good - everything from the nose up seems pretty spot on. But the bottom half of the face is a little big / beefy for me.

Yupp my exact thoughts too

I think that shows how good the sculpt actually is. That is a very good ledger IMO. I think everyone has gotten far too familiar with HT's completely inaccurate head sculpts ( and some of the customs that referenced them) to me the only sculpt that I have seen that has ledger in it (besides this) is bobbyC's.

Oh and thanks for posting cap70. Very interesting.

I think that shows how good the sculpt actually is. That is a very good ledger IMO. I think everyone has gotten far too familiar with HT's completely inaccurate head sculpts ( and some of the customs that referenced them) to me the only sculpt that I have seen that has ledger in it (besides this) is bobbyC's.

Not sure if serious :lol

Well, i am serious actually. None of the HT sculpts were any good IMO.
Not one of them looked like Ledger joker. This does. Out of the customs, as much as I like Adams sculpts I thought there were elements fundamentally wrong with them all. The nose In particular, whilst I believe his Bale sculpts are second to none, astonishing work. The MonkeyRobot sculpts never appealed to Me as I felt they looked like knock offs of the HT sculpts (no offense intended , just my opinion) Only Adams laughing sculpt came near to accuracy IMo and that was too extreme a pose for me personally as good as it was. Nope it's this and Bobby c's for me. But each to heir own I guess.:lol

Not one of them looked like Ledger joker. This does. Out of the customs, as much as I like Adams sculpts I thought there were elements fundamentally wrong with them all. The nose In particular, whilst I believe his Bale sculpts are second to none, astonishing work. The MonkeyRobot sculpts never appealed to Me as I felt they looked like knock offs of the HT sculpts (no offense intended , just my opinion) Only Adams laughing sculpt came near to accuracy IMo and that was too extreme a pose for me personally as good as it was. Nope it's this and Bobby c's for me. But each to heir own I guess.:lol

I agree with everything you said. :exactly:

Not one of them looked like Ledger joker. This does. Out of the customs, as much as I like Adams sculpts I thought there were elements fundamentally wrong with them all. The nose In particular, whilst I believe his bale sculpts are second to none. The MonkeyRobot sculpts never appealed to Me as I felt they looked like knock offs of the HT sculpts. Only the Adams laughing sculpt came near to accuracy IMo and that was too extreme a pose for me personally as good as it was. Nope it's this and Bobby c's for me. But each to heir own I guess.:lol

I don't like any of the HT's prior to DX11. I think EB got the upper half of the sculpt spot on and HT did a better job with the lower half on the DX11.

The HT laughing sculpt for me is their best Ledger sculpt, but yeah, Adam's still edges it. If only it had the paintjob that HT's proto has.

MRM's has better likeness than Bobby's to me, That's why I sold mine and replaced it with his. Though clearly the finishing with the silicon and glass eyes gives Bobby's a degree of realism that is great. I'll be using an Adam head though for that Mob Joker eventually.

And you are welcome Rory.

Yup, that's pretty much my thoughts too. But then everyone sees differently, ya know, it's difficult to make every single person happy, principally with likeness.
IMHO, this is the best Ledger sculpt that I have seen. Is not perfect, but to me is VERY, very close.
The only thing I wished is that it came with real hair, cause even thought the hair is very nice sculpted, still cuts down the realism.
I wish I knew how to make casts cause I would do one out of silicone and add the hair the way Bobby does with his Jokers...

MRM's has better likeness than Bobby's to me, That's why I sold mine and replaced it with his. Though clearly the finishing with the silicon and glass eyes gives Bobby's a degree of realism that is great. I'll be using an Adam head though for that Mob Joker eventually.

Out of the customs, Adam's has the most Ledger - his is also the most realistic for me. MRM is less realistic, but I think looks much more like Ledger than BobbyC's. BobbyC's is an amazing sculpt of someone, just not Ledger (especially as the scales went down).

This is something of a digression / repeated topic, but I blame cap70 for starting it!

Out of the customs, Adam's has the most Ledger - his is also the most realistic for me. MRM is less realistic, but I think looks much more like Ledger than BobbyC's. BobbyC's is an amazing sculpt of someone, just not Ledger (especially as the scales went down).

This is something of a digression / repeated topic, but I blame cap70 for starting it!

Hey, you guys asked for pics!:thwak :lol

Well I guess it is all very subjective, but leaving the custom sculpts aside. Surely we all agree this is the best mass manufactured Ledger Joker to date?

Well I guess is all very subjective, but leaving the custom sculpts aside. Surely we all agree this is the best mass manufactured Ledger Joker to date?

That has come out and shipped, yes.

Based on proto pics, that will change when the DX11 ships IMO.

I have a feeling this is a circular argument. :lol

Rory, do you use a primer when you paint this type of material? I asked Adam about it and he said just to use acrylics and then a sealer would suffice...
I never painted this kind of material(vinyl/PVC)before...
generally I use a primer when I paint other kinds of material...

That has come out and shipped, yes.

Based on proto pics, that will change when the DX11 ships IMO.

I have a feeling this is a circular argument. :lol

It is :lol

I myself just can't see Ledger on the HT's sculpts...the laughing one I see a little, but that's about it...

It is :lol

I myself just can't see Ledger on the HT's sculpts...the laughing one I see a little, but that's about it...

Yeah but it's about more than just the sculpts though - I see plenty wrong with the regular PERs head, but the laughing head apart from the hairline and ear shape is pretty spot on IMO. Also, for me the outfit, shoes, accessories, all trump EB.

Anyyywaaaays :lol

LOL...it's worse than talking about soccer with people from different teams! :lol

Yeah but it's about more than just the sculpts though - I see plenty wrong with the regular PERs head, but the laughing head apart from the hairline and ear shape is pretty spot on IMO. Also, for me the outfit, shoes, accessories, all trump EB.

Anyyywaaaays :lol

I am very pleased with enterbays clothes.except the tie I like the outfit.

I watched Heath Ledger's last film "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" for the first time last night. It was interesting to note how much He used a lot of the same twitchy facial expressions as he used for the Dark Knight. Was this a side effect from the abuse of legal medication, or due to his documented problem with insomnia? Maybe it was just acting!

I guess we'll never really know...I enjoyed the fim though.

SSquid

Back