ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - The Joker Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just been on Facebook reading all the issues on quality control with this figure. :pray: stitching issues, paint app issues etc. Mine should be with me in a few weeks. If I get any problems do I go to my distributor ( OSB ) or direct to Enterbay?

SSquid

I'd go through OSB. I've never bought from him, but from what I hear, he's got top notch CS. I believe he even gave his 1/4 EB Terminator as a replacement for one if his customers that had issues with theirs while he dealt with EB

Make up almost out, hair strands out...y'all wish me luck! :lol

JOKERMOD1.jpg

Last edited:
Rob did you ever end up doing anything with the Enterbay T-800's hair? I know it was a peeve of yours aswell as of me.

not yet..still in the works but I'm backed up with projects right now..even thought about doing real hair......maybe

Rob

Just been on Facebook reading all the issues on quality control with this figure. :pray: stitching issues, paint app issues etc. Mine should be with me in a few weeks. If I get any problems do I go to my distributor ( OSB ) or direct to Enterbay?

SSquid

OSB is an official enterbay distributor i think...so i'd assume you'd go to them.

are you putting real hair on it ? plus can you take a front pic of the head sculpt please ?....wanted to see what it looks like..

thanks in advance,

Rob

Yup...real hair and re positioning the eyes.

This head came with sticky paint. It didn't dry up. Probably the person that did it didn't allow it to dry properly. It came with the paint stuck in the plastic of the head. I contacted EB and they offered me to replace the head...they also gave me another "option", which I took it.

So now here I am...lol
The hair will be more challenging, never did it before ...
If there's a tutorial around that somebody can point me out would be great. :)

This head came with sticky paint. It didn't dry up. Probably the person that did it didn't allow it to dry properly. It came with the paint stuck in the plastic of the head. I contacted EB and they offered me to replace the head...they also gave me another "option", which I took it.

So now here I am...lol

the thing is are you replacing the entire bit of sculpted hair with "real" hair or are you just implanting some "real" hair here and there similar to what Adam did with his Joker sculpts?

So now here I am...lol

The paint was sticky on mine as well, in fact the paint was coming off on the tip of the nose and around his chin...

Good luck, though! Looking forward to seeing the final result.

the thing is are you replacing the entire bit of sculpted hair with "real" hair or are you just implanting some "real" hair here and there similar to what Adam did with his Joker sculpts?

That's my biggest dilemma....dremel the whole hair(or part of it) or just try to "glue" over it.
what you guys think?

Maybe will take the back hair out where it's longer...I will have to see how will it look as I put the hair up...

I'm doing the same at the moment. I bought a second head to do so. Not sure why you removed all the paint? I didn't feel the need to.
And careful with the hair, you need to "plant it" for it to look right IMO.

I personally never liked the custom heads with bits glued ontop of the plastic hair.

Best of luck with it. And careful with that acetone or whatever you are taking the paint off with, it takes fine detail off as well. The pores and such could smoothen out.

I'm doing the same at the moment. I bought a second head to do so. Not sure why you removed all the paint? I didn't feel the need to.
And careful with the hair, you need to "plant it" for it to look right IMO.

I personally never liked the custom heads with bits glued ontop of the plastic hair.

Best of luck with it. And careful with that acetone or whatever you are taking the paint off with, it takes fine detail off as well. The pores and such could smoothen out.

Thanks.
I'm getting it off with alcohol..no damages.
I will repaint cause the paint was coming off already, as I explained before. I also want to make it more detailed and less shiny.
I want to re-position the eyes, too.

That's my biggest dilemma....dremel the whole hair(or part of it) or just try to "glue" over it.
what you guys think?

Maybe will take the back hair out where it's longer...I will have to see how will it look as I put the hair up...

Might be worth shooting monkey a message. Im sure he dremels the front section but leaves the rest so most of the weight of the hair sits in there then flows over...
I might be wrong but he does a very good job with his heads with hair.

THis will be very interesting to follow :)

As I mentioned I'm not really a fan of the hair clipping look, sections of unrooted hair glued onto the plastic hair?, the way to avoid this is to bunch the hair into plugs and (like a barbie doll). Have a look at my Scissorhands custom head if you want to see what i did. There's a thread somewhere. I'm dremeling out the entire hair section of the head, and planting a front section using a mohair weave and plugging behind that.

A front shot. Likeness is very impressive in person, btw...pics really don't do it justice...

heath.jpg

Might be worth shooting monkey a message. Im sure he dremels the front section but leaves the rest so most of the weight of the hair sits in there then flows over...
I might be wrong but he does a very good job with his heads with hair.

THis will be very interesting to follow :)

Thanks. I will search for his stuff.
I will do it until I really like the results. I will start trying to mix the hair in the front with the plastic hair and white make up...there's some holes in the front, where the strands of hair connected...may use that to put more hair.
I will use real, fine hair...

As I mentioned I'm not really a fan of the hair clipping look, sections of unrooted hair glued onto the plastic hair?, the way to avoid this is to bunch the hair into plugs and (like a barbie doll). Have a look at my Scissorhands custom head if you want to see what i did. There's a thread somewhere. I'm dremeling out the entire hair section of the head, and planting a front section using a mohair weave and plugging behind that.

Thanks for the tips. I will see how it goes.
No rush so I may glue hair by hair until I make a convincing hair line then go from there...

Back