ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - The Joker Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man...glad you like!

Did you resculpt at all, or just repaint / hair?

This sculpt is so hit or miss for me, even when just looking at the stock head. I'm not a huge fan of it in general, but some custom work has done miracles on it. So if you only (I say "only" as if it's an easy thing to do, which it isn't) repainted and haired it, it's amazing what a difference "real" hair makes.

This sculpt is so hit or miss for me, even when just looking at the stock head. I'm not a huge fan of it in general, but some custom work has done miracles on it. So if you only (I say "only" as if it's an easy thing to do, which it isn't) repainted and haired it, it's amazing what a difference "real" hair makes.
I just repainted and added hair no resculpting although I can see where it needs a bit.

Progress pics

c7dea84953de90180f251247a1ee45dd.jpg

8e7c26ff80a8d5e4899275d7e2ec5dfc.jpg

It's definitely a combination of the paint and hair, then. It's crazy how fantastic the blank sculpt is, but that stock paint is just... bleh.

Even if you left it at just a repaint, it'd be a big improvement, but the hair makes it much better.

It's definitely a combination of the paint and hair, then. It's crazy how fantastic the blank sculpt is, but that stock paint is just... bleh.

Even if you left it at just a repaint, it'd be a big improvement, but the hair makes it much better.
Thank you it really is an amazing quality sculpt. I will take some better pics tomorrow

When I stripped it the makeup was very thick and hid alot of the detail....what a shame

My attempt at Joker repaint and hair

ed7bae8df7bf925c0ebc12e86d727bf0.jpg

e3eae7a868053d63ea8079772478ea07.jpg

Wow that looks better than Jans! :clap

I guess that is because u just added hair to sculpted hair and thus, doesn't look as skinny like Jan's ones with real hair only.

The likeness to Ledger is very good but because the sculpt is long and skinny it looks like a deformed version of him. :(
However, the core likeness of Ledger is there that is why when u just change the head shape like MRM did it makes a dramatic improvement.

It's definitely a combination of the paint and hair, then.

:exactly:

It's crazy how fantastic the blank sculpt is, but that stock paint is just... bleh.

Yeah its an improvement but I wouldn't say a dramatic one as the likeness still looks off. Nevertheless it is good enough for me. :D

When I stripped it the makeup was very thick and hid alot of the detail....what a shame

The thick paint and dark makeup around his eyes were making his eyes less visible which is why the likeness of Ledger is reduced and because the stock paint make up is inaccurate it doesn't even look like the Joker. I mean what were EB even thinking when they painted this? :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Some more pics

c0cda9f8fe42b6b6b092c193cfb23223.jpg

e473c6e5d883a8e9a85cbae0f7e424e9.jpg

50ad6aca315b35dea9b8843000528657.jpg

1a9c352ad16b2a9973cf5ffd1e6489ee.jpg

84403e2fcb7b60e8d6859a5a5aaa0ca2.jpg

05a7f7c3aa31a6015ae3a09041134a7c.jpg

Wow that is the best repaint I have ever seen! :clap

Did u repaint the eyes because that totally looks Ledger even though the face shape is wrong.

BTW what scene is it based on? I am guessing the interrogation scene based on the amount of flesh color showing through the make up and that big black smudge mark on his right eye.

Wow that is the best repaint I have ever seen! :clap

Did u repaint the eyes because that totally looks Ledger even though the face shape is wrong.

BTW what scene is it based on? I am guessing the interrogation scene based on the amount of flesh color showing through the make up and that big black smudge mark on his right eye.
Thanks alot man. Yes I fully repainted everything. I did a base skin tone first with brown hair then added the makeup to it. Then when painted I added the hair strands. Im glad you guys like it ill get some more pics before I send it to the owner.

The make up is based on the interrogation scene kinda..he didnt want a specific scene but I liked the look of it the best and did a little artistic freedom with it but tried to copy the references

Thanks alot man. Yes I fully repainted everything.

Oh no wonder the eyes look so good then, on my EB stock you can barely see them as they are looking up way too high.

I did a base skin tone first with brown hair then added the makeup to it. Then when painted I added the hair strands. Im glad you guys like it ill get some more pics before I send it to the owner.

Oh so you didn't cheat by just using the PVC flesh color as your base coat but actually painted a flesh colored base coat on there? I must admit by applying a flesh colored base coat you made it look even more realistic!

The make up is based on the interrogation scene kinda..he didnt want a specific scene but I liked the look of it the best and did a little artistic freedom with it but tried to copy the references

Ah ok I didn't think it was totally the interrogation scene but that was my best bet. I think by not basing it totally on a particular scene does allow more freedom as I think this look would also work for the Hit me scene like the one on the TDK poster where he is holding that machine gun. ;)

Oh no wonder the eyes look so good then, on my EB stock you can barely see them as they are looking up way too high.

Oh so you didn't cheat by just using the PVC flesh color as your base coat but actually painted a flesh colored base coat on there? I must admit by applying a flesh colored base coat you made it look even more realistic!

Ah ok I didn't think it was totally the interrogation scene but that was my best bet. I think by not basing it totally on a particular scene does allow more freedom as I think this look would also work for the Hit me scene like the one on the TDK poster where he is holding that machine gun. ;)
Thanks man yeah he looked stroked out or something before with that eye position. He just wanted the makeup to just be smeared over the eye basically was my only direction and how I would want it on my shelf but I like exact references so a combo of those scenes is about right.

The base pvc was too dark and a bit yellow so ot needed a full repaint with shading freckles...the works. Probably a bit to much went into it because it really gets covered mostly

e0db3da3ae6adfd05a7b813a27fd9549.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man yeah he looked stroked out or something before with that eye position. He just wanted the makeup to just be smeared over the eye basically was my only direction and how I would want it on my shelf but I like exact references so a combo of those scenes is about right.

Yeah I hate why EB did that, glad you fixed that.

The base pvc was too dark and a bit yellow so ot needed a full repaint with shading freckles...the works. Probably a bit to much went into it because it really gets covered mostly

e0db3da3ae6adfd05a7b813a27fd9549.jpg

Hmm ok makes sense that you had to apply a flesh coated base coat then.

Back