English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad times to support Arsenal :lol

It's hard to see how much worse it could get, they've lost their best player to Barcelona, were destroyed at Old Trafford and now they've lost to a team owned by Indian chicken vendors! :lol

Meanwhile United are off to their best start in the league in the Ferguson era :yess:

The 3-1 scoreline was perhaps unfair to Chelski but the late miss by Torres was hilarious :rotfl

Liverpool must have been laughing all the way to the bank with that £50 million....or they were until King Kenny blew £35 million of it on an even bigger donkey named Carroll :lol

United got Chicharito for £6 million :)

Elsewhere City blew a 2 goal lead at Fulham to drop their first points and I have to applaud Spuds who gave the bindippers a good hiding :clap

Last edited:
United are flying!
Hope they can keep it up!
Torres should be haunted by that empty net for the rest of his life!
If he goes on to score 100 goals,he'll be remembered for that miss!

As Torres ran round de Gea my mouth started to form the word "bollocks" but he missed and I nearly blew the roof off the house with laughter! :lol

:lol me to :lol I did feel a tiny bit of sympathy.. Tiny :lol

Torres somehow made Ronny Rosenthal's immortal miss for Liverpool in the early 90's look like an accomplished bit of finishing :lol

Speaking of the Scousers, it's great to see King Kenny turning Woy Hodgson's no-hopers into something approaching mediocrity :lol

The biggest laugh of today was an article I read where Roberto Mancini is quoted as saying his squad "isn't big enough" and that they're "lacking options" in certain positions.

Over £300 million spent and he's still not content :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Torres somehow made Ronny Rosenthal's immortal miss for the bindippers in the early 90's look like an accomplished bit of finishing :lol

Speaking of the 'dippers, it's great to see King Kenny turning Woy Hodgson's no-hopers into something approaching mediocrity :lol

The biggest laugh of today was an article I read where Roberto Mancini is quoted as saying his squad "isn't big enough" and that they're "lacking options" in certain positions.

Over £300 million spent and he's still not content :cuckoo:

There's no doubt United are the team to beat but it's only 5 games in, one very poor performance from Liverpool (once Adam was off we were never going to get back into the game) and your suggesting we're back to where we were under Hodgeson:lol.

There's no doubt United are the team to beat but it's only 5 games in, one very poor performance from Liverpool (once Adam was off we were never going to get back into the game) and your suggesting we're back to where we were under Hodgeson:lol.

No title is won in the first month, I am not saying anything is decided yet, nor am I suggesting Liverpool are as bad as when Hodgson was in charge which is why I said they've improved from no-hopers to being mediocre.

They're still nowhere near capable of winning the league especially with a donkey like Andy Carroll in the team.

Liverpool's main aim this season is to get back into the top 4, which i think will be a 3 horse race with Arsenal and Spurs,yes we are a long way off title contenders and anything higher than 4th will be a bonus.
We are a million miles better off now than we we at the start of last season despite the last 2 games, one of which we actully played really well but lacked that final finish.

Liverpool's main aim this season is to get back into the top 4, which i think will be a 3 horse race with Arsenal and Spurs,yes we are a long way off title contenders and anything higher than 4th will be a bonus.
We are a million miles better off now than we we at the start of last season despite the last 2 games, one of which we actully played really well but lacked that final finish.

Fair enough then, I have seen some Liverpool fans on other foruns suggesting the title is a foregone conclusion when Gerrard returns from his latest injury though which is VERY wishful thinking.

Fair enough then, I have seen some Liverpool fans on other foruns suggesting the title is a foregone conclusion when Gerrard returns from his latest injury though which is VERY wishful thinking.

What forum? I use RAWK, The Kop & LFC Online and everyone is just aiming to get back to top 4. You show me any Liverpool fan thinking we can finish above Utd & City & i'll show you a idiot! :lecture

Any Liverpool fans thinking we will win the league are being extremely optimistic, i would be more than happy with a top 4 finish and a good cup run and i think most liverpool fans would say the same.

I wasn't trying to start an argument, i just think it was a bit harsh to suggest we are anywhere near as poor as we were under Hodgeson, because that was by far my worst period as a liverpool fan.:peace

What forum? I use RAWK, The Kop & LFC Online and everyone is just aiming to get back to top 4. You show me any Liverpool fan thinking we can finish above Utd & City & i'll show you a idiot! :lecture

Exactly, i haven't seen too many liverpool fans expecting us to win the league, mabe just the odd ones sarcasticly saying "This year is our year":lol

Good times yet again for my favorite team

Man U!

Looking forward to the clash with Mancini's team. His defense can be exploited from the looks of it

In fairness the only place I've seen such comments are on the comments section on Yahoo's sports pages where the majority of "fans" seem to be an utter embarassment to whichever club they support.

A Chelski fan for example claimed Hernandez faked his injury when Ashley Cole attempted to cripple him just so that Cole could get banned for a few games :cuckoo:

averone,
Mancini has no Plan B when his team comes under sustained pressure....look how they crumbled in the Community Shield when United came out fighting.

United also know how to cope well with the added fixtures a Champions League campaign brings and Mancini is already moaning about injuries....maybe he should give Hargreaves a game :lol

Their obsession with one-upping United at all costs will be their undoing as they'll take other teams too lightly and get punished.

Good times yet again for my favorite team

Man U!

Looking forward to the clash with Mancini's team. His defense can be exploited from the looks of it

Averone you're a glory seeking bastard! :mad:

I'm just kidding bud. :1-1: :lol

Stoke 1-1 Man Utd
Man Utd 3-3 FC Basel

A couple of dodgy performances after which Fergie will undoutedly give the team a kick up the backside.

The injuries have partially contributed as having the likes of Carrick & Berbaflop in the team essentially means they start with a player or two short but they should still have had enough quality to beat both teams.

Last edited:
Any Liverpool fans thinking we will win the league are being extremely optimistic, i would be more than happy with a top 4 finish and a good cup run and i think most liverpool fans would say the same.

Exactly, i haven't seen too many liverpool fans expecting us to win the league, mabe just the odd ones sarcasticly saying "This year is our year":lol

ditto. i think kenny is gunning for at least a domestic cup trophy. bring on the merseyside derby this weekend!!!

I think Spurs could have win the NLD by an even wider margin today. Still, good result. VDV got lazy when we conceded, otherwise it was well played by Spurs. Glorious shot by Walker. I can see him being a fixture in the England starting XI in the coming years.

Top four seems very realistic should we stay healthy.

Back