English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I am a staunch anti England supporter (Germany (Bayern Munich) and Brazil, and Barcelona for me) this EPL season was my favourite... ManU didnt the win it (which is the best part) but the bad part was Chelsea winning the CL... sheesh...

Anyway the only team I feel worth watching in the EPL is Arsenal, hopefully they will do better next season... sad to see a team which was amazing during the times of Henry, Pires, Viera, Ljunberg, Bergkamp be stung and ridiculed by all and sundry. But they did well to come 3rd from the way they started

But they seem to be losing RVP next, dont think Podolski can make much of a difference, Ive seen Podolski play quite a lot, and he isnt 'that' effective...

P.S There isnt a La Liga thread I guess here :dunno

Rafa, for one, he did quite well under the circumstances he worked under excpet for one bad season where the situation was really bad with crooked signings, bad luck , injuries, and refreesing decisions all went against us.Also considering our best players last season apart from suares and carrol are all players who Rafa bought to the club including the younger players like M kelly, spearing , Flano
if not him someone like Deschamps, not sure about Roberto M

he wanted Barry , was given keane, cant really blame him there, it was the next season that buried, alonso left cos of barry saga, in came Aquilani, forever injured, was supposed to be out star signing , left us Lucas a rookie in the midfield and mascherano, devoid of any creatvitiy add to it gerrad and torres injury , babels and rieras attitude problems,,who can forget the beachball goal at sunderland, no manager could have done better under the circumstances, I admire Rafa for sticking with liverpool, when Real Madrid and some Italian club had come calling for him the previous season , instead he stayed and completey revamped the youth structure, his was a project unfinished because of the greedy owners

Rafa would be my preferred choice aswell, and most fans i know want him back to, we should never have let him go in the first place.

I fear if we get Martinez that it could be a Hodgeson all over again, where he is just not cut-out for a role this big and we could end up going even further backwards, Rafa is a much safer option which he has proven during his time at liverpool despite having to work under those idiots. Unfortunately i cant see the new owners giving him another go.

At worst Rafa will right the ship and have the team making a run at a top four finish, and that's really the first concern. Too many years out of the CL and a team could soon find all their talent gone.

I don't know what will come of UEFA looking into our possible inclusion due to Chelsea bumping us (Spurs) but it would be HUGE as it would/could allow us to keep Bale and Modric. There's just too much money there to miss out for more than a year.

I'd like Klopp or De Boer as manager bud unfortunately both have ruled themselves out. I like Martinez; with a Director of Football above him I feel he could coach our young players into the first team well.

EURO 2012 starts today.

I'm wondering if I should start a thread for this.

images

Great news as an Arsenal fan this morning. Spurs have let Harry Redknapp go :yess:
They can go back to being a mid table team now :D

Great news as an Arsenal fan this morning. Spurs have let Harry Redknapp go :yess:
They can go back to being a mid table team now :D

Bale and Modric will inevitably depart as well....United could do with both as they have no decent wingers unless you still count Giggs and the lack of quality in the centre of midfield has been obvious for far too long.

I doubt they'll go there though as Fergie isn't allowed to spend much these days and his judgement with new signings has been poor in the last few years.....he'll probably try and get Lee Sharpe and Bryan Robson to come out of retirement instead.

Back