English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

This does make me laugh. United will be there to the last day and even if they lose at the weekend and arsenal win , id still back Man U for the simple reason that they know how to win and SAF is a proven winner.
This is imo one of there worst seasons yet they have only lost a couple of games and should have had atleast a draw last night.
Arsenal are a great side, great manager but the squad is a little weak if key players are injured. Also the fact they can not stop a set piece doesn't bode well.
Rumour that rvp is out for 6 weeks will be a massive blow too.
If arsenal can come through there games with the players out injured, they may just do it but I think it will go to the final day.
Just glad there is no chavski fans claiming they are going to win it lol.

Thats a funny quote. I think wenger knows how to win and is a proven winner. Maybe im wrong but i think with him as coach arsenal have won some titles and maybe even gone unbeaten..something SAF has never done. But i could be wrong and arsenal has never won anythin under wegner...ill let you do your own research. There's such a thing as being a fan of your team then there's being a homer for your team. The title race will all come down to MANU at the Emirates 59 days from now.

And I gotta love how MANU fans rewrite history and say that Wegner hasn't won anything with Arsenal...and doesn't ever know how to win. :lol:lol Again...do the research and see if Wegner has ever won anything whilst at Arsenal.

Last edited:

Thats a funny quote. I think wenger knows how to win and is a proven winner. Maybe im wrong but i thin with him as coach arsenal have won some titles and maybe even gone unbeaten..something saf has never done. But i could be wrong and arsenal has never won anythin under wegner...ill let you do your own research.

No im really not knocking the guy, he is one of the best.
I just think he has been a little to stubborn for his own good in the past 4 or 5 years in terms of replacing and bringing in players.
I really do think 3 of the seasons, you guys could have won the prem with a couple of world class signings instead of signing promising players still doing there homework.
Arsenals problems have been beating the other 3 teams consistantly and have therefore just fallen short.
We have had to spend pretty big to get where we are and close the gap and we have benefited in doing so.
You look at the Arsenal spine, its great going backwards until you get to cental defence and goal keeper and its been a problem for a long time imo.
If Arsenal signed shay given,Jaaskelainen, foster and a quality centre back, they win the league.
Like I say, Wenger is a superb. I just feel he leave you with to many "what if's" after the window shuts.

No im really not knocking the guy, he is one of the best.
I just think he has been a little to stubborn for his own good in the past 4 or 5 years in terms of replacing and bringing in players.
I really do think 3 of the seasons, you guys could have won the prem with a couple of world class signings instead of signing promising players still doing there homework.
Arsenals problems have been beating the other 3 teams consistantly and have therefore just fallen short.
We have had to spend pretty big to get where we are and close the gap and we have benefited in doing so.
You look at the Arsenal spine, its great going backwards until you get to cental defence and goal keeper and its been a problem for a long time imo.
If Arsenal signed shay given,Jaaskelainen, foster and a quality centre back, they win the league.
Like I say, Wenger is a superb. I just feel he leave you with to many "what if's" after the window shuts.

Good points but you forget to realize that Wegner also considers his team's financials when selecting players. Any person can go out and spend 1 trillion dollars (MANCITY) to make a great team...that's the easy way out. Arsenal have always posted profits while most teams including MANU are in the red. Managing a team is more than wins and losses..it's also the bottom line. Look at chelskie..they spent 80 million bucks on torres and have gotten 0 goals. not a smart investment so far. Wegener looks to the future of the club...not immediate winning. When Arsenal played Chelsea months back the entire Arsenal starting 11 cost less than Torres alone. And we won the game 3-1.

Good points but you forget to realize that Wegner also considers his team's financials when selecting players. Any person can go out and spend 1 trillion dollars (MANCITY) to make a great team...that's the easy way out. Arsenal have always posted profits while most teams including MANU are in the red. Managing a team is more than wins and losses..it's also the bottom line. Look at chelskie..they spent 80 million bucks on torres and have gotten 0 goals. not a smart investment so far. Wegener looks to the future of the club...not immediate winning. When Arsenal played Chelsea months back the entire Arsenal starting 11 cost less than Torres alone. And we won the game 3-1.

Wenger needs to take a bit of those profits and buy a keeper.

Difference is Wenger does not need to spend that sort of cash.
Chelsea need to cos of there squad is too old and City never had a squad. Wenger has built a quality young side/squad granted.
For me, he is a couple short in very important positions.
I think they lack a bit of leadership aswell.
The club has been run superbly with the stadium beeing built and in all honesty, If Wenger was not in charge in the last 4 years, I think you could have slipped out of the top 4.
That for me shows just how well he has done but if he had just addressed and tweaked a few positions, I dont think you would even be talking about how many years they have not lifted a cup.

Wenger needs to take a bit of those profits and buy a keeper.

So true. Haven't found a decent one since lehmann.
I think Harry may address the same position this summer.

Chelsea need to cos of there squad is too old and City never had a squad. Wenger has built a quality young side/squad granted.
The club has been run superbly with the stadium beeing built and in all honesty, If Wenger was not in charge in the last 4 years, I think you could have slipped out of the top 4.
That for me shows just how well he has done but if he had just addressed and tweaked a few positions, I dont think you would even be talking about how many years they have not lifted a cup.

I hate to say it but Wenger is a ____ing genius. His club building skills are fantastic and he coaches a wonderful style of attacking football. Your points are right on the money though. Could it be that Wenger's overconfidence in his existing players has lost him the opportunity of bringing more silverware to the Emirates in recent years? I'd say that's a legitimate hypothesis.

**There's my positive Arsenal quote for 2011**:lol

Leadership is a problem especially with a young team. Which is why it's so different when Fabregas does't play. Any premier team is short in a couple positions...I don't think you can single Arsenal out for that. We beat leyton 5-0 today with our b squad and 2 young players who have zippy playing time this year.

As I've said, if you guys drop points Sunday and we win, it's going to be a tight race and based upon the schedule alone it favors us. A far cry from the easy title race many of you have been saying all season long.

I hate to say it but Wenger is a ____ing genius. His club building skills are fantastic and he coaches a wonderful style of attacking football. Your points are right on the money though. Could it be that Wenger's overconfidence in his existing players has lost him the opportunity of bringing more silverware to the Emirates in recent years? I'd say that's a legitimate hypothesis.

I think that is a very fair point.

Leadership is a problem especially with a young team. Which is why it's so different when Fabregas does't play. Any premier team is short in a couple positions...I don't think you can single Arsenal out for that. We beat leyton 5-0 today with our b squad and 2 young players who have zippy playing time this year.

As I've said, if you guys drop points Sunday and we win, it's going to be a tight race and based upon the schedule alone it favors us. A far cry from the easy title race many of you have been saying all season long.

I think you can single out Arsenal for not replacing the goal keeper for the last 3 or 4 years.
Its the most important position and is so evident the keepers just aren't good enough. Merson made a good point, cant remember if it was flappi or Almunia, but he said the keeper would cost you more points than save you more.
I do admire Wenger for having so much faith but its a position they have been weak in for a while.
I say this, you'll probably go on an unbeaten run and bag the title lol.

A coach has to have confidence in his players. Overconfident maybe, but if you are a starting 11 on the Arsenal team you better step up. I think it's more a reflection that other teams are catching up as opposed to Arsenal slipping. It's the same as the NFL the past few years..it's more of a level playing field.

Barca are gonna kill the Gooners at the Nou Camp

Barca are gonna kill the Gooners at the Nou Camp

Right....just like they were going to kill them at the Emirates. :rotfl:rotfl

PS. Get your post count above 100 then you can talk crap to me. :) Have fun defending without Pique and Puyol. Arsenal can just sit back and park the bus for 90 mins and still advance...but I don't see us doing that.

Last edited:

:lol I was thinking the same thing.

They normally have the Derby as a lunch time start during the weekends, which means I need to be up as early as 4am here on the west coast. :(

Im up at 4am even on weekends. thats perfect..watch a great game and you still have the entire day ahead of you. I'd be _____ at nighttime though in CA... have to be in bed by 7pm every night. :rotfl

Im up at 4am even on weekends. thats perfect..watch a great game and you still have the entire day ahead of you. I'd be _____ at nighttime though in CA... have to be in bed by 7pm every night. :rotfl

You mean 4am my time as in 7am your time then?

7am games are perfect. I roll out of bed, go down stairs and pop on the game. Even better when we win, of course.

You mean 4am my time as in 7am your time then?

7am games are perfect. I roll out of bed, go down stairs and pop on the game. Even better when we win, of course.

No...4am my time. The life of a chef. Into work by 5:30 am. Always been a morning person and luckily my profession fits it perfectly. That's why during spook I'm one of the few idiots in chat around 5am EST. :)

Back