English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

Silly Flosi...there's only one north London club. :) Forever in our shadow son. :wave:wave

Just breaking b*lls. (kinda) You guys are having a good run this year, top 5 in the premier and champ playoffs as well.....all without breaking your bank. Yes you bought some of our sloppy seconds (Gallas). But all in all not bad.

samir-nasri-arsenal-lesion.jpg

PS...THis is a great quote :)

arsenaltshirts-thierry-henry-arsenal-tshirt.png

Now, now, Gallas was a free transfer, and not a half bad bit of business at that.

:rolleyes: Shadow my arse....

78986191.jpg

Keep writing us off and we prove the doubters wrong time and again :lecture Next you're gonna throw the "Utd are lucky" arguement in!
Yeah Giggs n' Scholes wont last forever but the one constant of any big club is that they always carry on regardless of who leaves.
Gooners put in a good (lucky) shift against Barca suddenly think they're the invincibles reborn!:slap
We'll see what happens come the end of season :wink1:

Now, now, Gallas was a free transfer, and not a half bad bit of business at that.

:rolleyes: Shadow my arse....

78986191.jpg

You can have our sloppy seconds....how's he working out for you? And yes...that shadow is large and dark. How many Premier League titles? How many undefeated seasons? How many years of Redknapp getting all red and puffy in the face? Throw that walrus a fishy. WHO ARE YA???? WHO ARE YA??? WHO ARE YA??? WHO ARE YA??? WHO ARE YA???

All jokes aside I hope you kick the crap out of Milan in 2 weeks...hate watching the Italians try and play soccer.

Keep writing us off and we prove the doubters wrong time and again :lecture Next you're gonna throw the "Utd are lucky" arguement in!
Yeah Giggs n' Scholes wont last forever but the one constant of any big club is that they always carry on regardless of who leaves.
Gooners put in a good (lucky) shift against Barca suddenly think they're the invincibles reborn!:slap
We'll see what happens come the end of season :wink1:

Reborn? Aren't we the last Premier league club to do that? How is that reborn if no one else has done it since then? And I think we were far from lucky against Barca....any neutral fan will tell you that.

Seriously...are you for real?!:gah: If you've ever played a serious game of footy in your life, you'd know that that goal wasn't a fluke :wink1:
Incidently, who are these crocks you're going on about? Hargreaves is a write off but we've known that for ages. Yeah Ferdinand is admittedly going through a bad patch but we have Smalling having a standout season when he's called upon.
Past it's? You mean Giggs and Scholes - still two of the best midfielders in England oh and our keeper, still world class at 40...
The only part of your arguement that holds water, is these no hopers namely Bebe, Obertan, possibly Carrick and Gibson too.
Other than that, i'd agree with you, the club is in turmoil sitting four points clear at the top of the league :dunno

Crocks = Hargreaves, Ferdinand & Owen.

No hopers = Bebe, Obertan, Carrick, Gibson, Anderson, O'Shea & Kuszcak.

Past it = Brown, Scholes, Shrek.

If United had the same spending power of the pre-Glazer era to spend only a couple of those players would be in the squad.

Of the older players Giggs still contributes a lot but all Scholes does is get booked..he should have retired with Neville.

You can have our sloppy seconds....how's he working out for you? And yes...that shadow is large and dark. How many Premier League titles? How many undefeated seasons? How many years of Redknapp getting all red and puffy in the face? Throw that walrus a fishy. WHO ARE YA???? WHO ARE YA??? WHO ARE YA??? WHO ARE YA??? WHO ARE YA???

All jokes aside I hope you kick the crap out of Milan in 2 weeks...hate watching the Italians try and play soccer.

He worked out pretty well a couple months back when he captained our team over at the Emirates, thank you very much.

And watch the Italian cracks. I am Italian by heritage afterall. :lecture.... I just prefer my football to be English.:D

Really though, how amazing would an all North London final be? Never in our long histories have we played in a final so how fitting would it be for it to happen at Wembley in the biggest tournament possible? It would be far greater than the rivalry itself in many ways... A tribute to two teams that both have a rich heritage are that are just a couple of miles apart..... Ah, to dream...

:slap Dear oh dear! Yes Arsenal the CLUB were the last to go undefeated but, and correct me if i'm wrong, your current TEAM are not the Invincibles they aspire to be :wink1: I'm a neutral fan and I saw Arsenal fluke a win (My opinion based solely on the first half when Barca were unlucky to not lead)

It was a game of two halves. I'd love to hear your honest opinion of the second half.

It was a game of two halves. I'd love to hear your honest opinion of the second half.

It is indeed. Arsenal edged it without question 2nd half. If Barca's goal had stood, wouldve been a different story :)
Anyway back to the Utd game..Watchin fanni all over the pitch!

Good win against the brutes at Stoke. One point within MANU. Amazed that there was no whistle on the challenge on Walcott. Might have to win the Carling Cup without Cesc and Theo. :(

Good win against the brutes at Stoke. One point within MANU. Amazed that there was no whistle on the challenge on Walcott. Might have to win the Carling Cup without Cesc and Theo. :(

Could be the first piece of silverware in a few years... Excited?

Could be the first piece of silverware in a few years... Excited?

Very excited!! I don't think it will be our only trophy this year. It will be quite the arsenal party at our house Sunday.

Very excited!! I don't think it will be our only trophy this year. It will be quite the arsenal party at our house Sunday.

I'm sure. There's nothing quite as exciting as watching your team win a cup with a bunch of friends.... well, being there first hand would take it but you know what I mean.

I'm sure. There's nothing quite as exciting as watching your team win a cup with a bunch of friends.... well, being there first hand would take it but you know what I mean.

We were at one of the last games at Highbury..still need to get to the Emirates. We have an engraved stone, part of the "Arsenalization" of the stadium with my name, my wife's and the dog's.

Not sure of if you've been to this site but they have some great shirts..I've got 3 of the Arsenal ones...here's the link to the Spurs ones.

https://www.whoareyadesigns.com/_catalog_90509/Tottenham_Vancouver_Whitecaps

Marseille had Fanni playing for them and United had a lot of d***s.

One overhead kick and according to some Shrek was "back" but last night he was nowhere to be seen and the midfield was useless.

They'll possibly get through to the next round but it'll be over if they play anyone good.

We were at one of the last games at Highbury..still need to get to the Emirates. We have an engraved stone, part of the "Arsenalization" of the stadium with my name, my wife's and the dog's.

Not sure of if you've been to this site but they have some great shirts..I've got 3 of the Arsenal ones...here's the link to the Spurs ones.

https://www.whoareyadesigns.com/_catalog_90509/Tottenham_Vancouver_Whitecaps

I always see them advertised on FSN... Been wanting to get the COYS one for sometime now. I honestly think that's the way to go now over a replica jersey.

I havn't bought a soccer shirt since 08/09. I got a long sleeve with Defoe on the back....
tottenham-home-kit-08-09-long-sleeves.jpg

Now he pisses me off too often for me to even wear it. Shirts, as you know, can be a tricky business. I have an older David Ginola shirt from 12 or so years back that I can still wear with pride, though the material is heavy and overall it's pretty ugly.

ginola.jpg

I have 3-4 without anything on the back and those are the ones I wear for games now.... I have a nice Keane road shirt and Berbatov home shirt ffrom a couple years ago that just sit in the closet now. I was hoping Woody would stay healthy long enough for me to start wearing my Woodgate shirt with the Carling Cup patches from a couple years back, but no such luck. :(

How long have you lived in the states now?

I always see them advertised on FSN... Been wanting to get the COYS one for sometime now. I honestly think that's the way to go now over a replica jersey.

I havn't bought a soccer shirt since 08/09. I got a long sleeve with Defoe on the back....
tottenham-home-kit-08-09-long-sleeves.jpg

Now he pisses me off too often for me to even wear it. Shirts, as you know, can be a tricky business. I have an older David Ginola shirt from 12 or so years back that I can still wear with pride, though the material is heavy and overall it's pretty ugly.

ginola.jpg

I have 3-4 without anything on the back and those are the ones I wear for games now.... I have a nice Keane road shirt and Berbatov home shirt ffrom a couple years ago that just sit in the closet now. I was hoping Woody would stay healthy long enough for me to start wearing my Woodgate shirt with the Carling Cup patches from a couple years back, but no such luck. :(

How long have you lived in the states now?

The shirts from Who are Ya are pretty good quality...def recommend you treat yourself to one.

And I've lived here my whole life. :) Just an Anglophile from birth pretty much.

The shirts from Who are Ya are pretty good quality...def recommend you treat yourself to one.

And I've lived here my whole life. :) Just an Anglophile from birth pretty much.

How much of a difference is there between the standard and modern fit? Looks like the modern is just shorter.... It always sucks ordering shirts online.

How much of a difference is there between the standard and modern fit? Looks like the modern is just shorter.... It always sucks ordering shirts online.

I have 3 of them in standard fit XL. They are a little big on me but I wear longsleeved shirts under them. I'm 6'1 and about 195 with pretty broad shoulders. I think the L would be a little too snug, especially if I was layering them.

ARSENAL!!! Carling Cup final!!!!! Come on you Gunners!!!! :yess::yess::yess::yess:

And a typical Arsenal loss. :(:(

Last edited:
Back