Endor Rebel Trooper Official talking about Images Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Endor Rebel Trooper Official Image Thread

I've never been very good at Photoshop so please forgive the crappiness of this, but this is what I kinda had in mind.

endordioramaplanln4.jpg

I'm starting to think if I can find a couple single or double mud/grass Sideshow bases I'll be set. I just don't know where to get a big Endor/Redwood Forest Background. Adding shubbery and sticks and stuff wouldn't be hard is mostly the bases and background.

Buttmunch said:
I've never been very good at Photoshop so please forgive the crappiness of this, but this is what I kinda had in mind.

endordioramaplanln4.jpg

I'm starting to think if I can find a couple single or double mud/grass Sideshow bases I'll be set. I just don't know where to get a big Endor/Redwood Forest Background. Adding shubbery and sticks and stuff wouldn't be hard is mostly the bases and background.

Man if you could work up a dio like that it would soooo kick arse. I am sure when it comes to making trees, papermache, wire, and paints is all you'll need. I think the trickiest element (and the most important IMO) will be lighting.

Never thought of Paper Mache for the trees. Thats a great idea! Probably 2 or 3 would be fine if I had a background like the one of the photo. Don't know what to do about lighting though.

EDIT: I did a google search for Paper mache trees and found this:

https://www.aspenmurals.com/tree.html

Wow! I guess mine/Pix's idea isn't that strange after all!

Last edited:

Last night I went on SS' website as the completist in me was ordering me to put myself on the wait list.

Sorry folks-- I hope that you enjoy them because after looking at them for five minutes I just left shaking my head. I can't bring myself to order these. Oh well, hope Plo Koon or Ventress ships soon.

Status just changed to "shipping soon"
At last....something new to snap shots of....can't wait!

pixletwin said:
Man if you could work up a dio like that it would soooo kick arse. I am sure when it comes to making trees, papermache, wire, and paints is all you'll need. I think the trickiest element (and the most important IMO) will be lighting.

Niubniub has a couple of Endor Tree tutorials as part of his Celebration 4 diorama workshop. I haven't looked them over but they might be helpful.

https://www.niubniubsuniverse.com/C4W/DesigningEndorMenu.asp

jedibear said:
Status just changed to "shipping soon"
At last....something new to snap shots of....can't wait!

Mine said that last night. So I'm hoping for something tonight and maybe even the Medicome Clone I ordered so I can get it off to Josh so he can 501st it up for me.

Here's a pic of my setup for the Endor Rebels:

040307endor01.jpg

:D

Thanks for the heads-up on that link, Karma...

And bravo, Sideshow! The shots are GREAT! Love the backdrop & diorama setting for them...they look great...can't wait!

i wish SS would sell similar backdrop/diorama for the 1/6 line.

Nice!! Still no idea how I'm gonna set these up.

Is Brant getting ready to take a leak against that tree?

endor.jpg

Darklord Dave said:
Is Brant getting ready to take a leak against that tree?

endor.jpg

I saw it more as he was trying to sneak a snack out of Nik's sack :lol

Great photo though. I hate how Sideshow teases us with this great dioramas (like the stairs used for the Van Helsing figure and the Balcony for Hellboy) when they don't sell them. I hope we at least can get a tutorial and material list.

Figures look great! Can't wait to get mine!!! :chew

My CC has been charged because its been cleared by them but no shipping notice....I'm getting antsy for these guys all of sudden.....:lol

Back