EMPIRE: Top 500 Greatest Films of All Time

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2004? Huh. Felt longer. Still....a lot has changed since then.

Honestly I thought so too. Then I did the math in my head since they have been releasing 1 a year. It really does seem like it has been longer though.

I mean, not many psychological thrillers came out around that time, Saw was new. It was different. It was only after Saw 2 came out that the originalty of the 1st was diminished.

Saw was pretty damn amazing for its time. It was cheap, scary, and intresting. But....not any more.

I thought the concept of 'Saw' was pretty darn good. Too bad it had some pretty bad acting. I still laugh at the scene where Lawerence (IIRC) says oh dramatically 'Don't worry. I'll be right back' and starts crawling away (or something to that effect). HILARIOUS!!! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Spoiler Spoiler:

Don't get me wrong I thought it was a good enough watch but found it more funny than anything and non-scary (of course, horror movies do not scare me....well, one did).

Lists like this are so arbitrary. They're fun to look at but don't mean anything.

And as much as I love TDK... Seven Samurai, Yojimobo and Roshomon (along with so many others) are true masterpieces and deserve to be rated higher.

I thought the concept of 'Saw' was pretty darn good. Too bad it had some pretty bad acting. I still laugh at the scene where Lawerence (IIRC) says oh dramatically 'Don't worry. I'll be right back' and starts crawling away (or something to that effect). HILARIOUS!!! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Spoiler Spoiler:

Don't get me wrong I thought it was a good enough watch but found it more funny than anything and non-scary (of course, horror movies do not scare me....well, one did).

Oh yeah, the acting is hilarious at times. But it was different. I like when filmmakers do something new once in a while.

lol, I can think of a few people who won't be able to hold back comment on #15.

I'm glad to see #14 "Once Upon A Time in The West" ranked so high. I've always thought it was the best western ever made.

I don't care what the list says, The Searchers is the best western ever made :tap
Also, how can the Godfather be no. 1 when the Godfather 2 is at least twice as good as its prequel.

Back