EMPIRE: Top 500 Greatest Films of All Time

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked their picks for the top ten and I must say not a bad list, many of my favorites but Raiders of the lost Ark??????????????????

Raiders is the greatest adventure movie of all time.

Yeah I agree but, so? It shouldn't be considered the 2nd best of all time! Better than Shawshank? I don't think so.

It was nice to see Fight Club in the top ten, and much deserved might I add! I still think Fight Clubs screenplay is the most amazing to date right after Shawshank and Pulp Fiction!

Yeah I agree but, so? It shouldn't be considered the 2nd best of all time! Better than Shawshank? I don't think so.

It was nice to see Fight Club in the top ten, and much deserved might I add! I still think Fight Clubs screenplay is the most amazing to date right after Shawshank and Pulp Fiction!

After seeing Fight Club, then reading the book, I would have never thought they could have made a movie out of that book.

Some shady picks. Fight Club so high is just wrong and SAW being anywhere near a list of the "best" of anything is absurd.

I haven't been through the entire list, but is Superman: The Movie anywhere on there?

Is the book anything like the movie? I knew it wasn't an original screenplay but still haven't read the book.

There are a few changes, but the movie is pretty close to the book. You should check out some of the author's other books as well. One of my favorites is Survivor. I wish they would make a film of that.

Saw was pretty damn amazing for its time. It was cheap, scary, and intresting. But....not any more.

Saw for me will go down as one of the biggest misfires in horror history. Had someone like David Fincher been at the helm and some decent acting been in place it would have been and instant classic. All I could say at the end of it was "Oh what could have been."

Eh. If Fincher did it, I woulda been Se7en 1.5.....I dug Saw. Its the cool little Indie flick that could. Sucks Lionsgate milked it to death.

In what way?

Games, traps, twists, bad endings, grit, violent but not....eh.

No doubt if Fincher did it, I would've been better...but if he didnt...we wouldnt have had it...but then again, if we didnt have it, the next 5 films wouldnt exist so....:duh

Some shady picks. Fight Club so high is just wrong and SAW being anywhere near a list of the "best" of anything is absurd.

I haven't been through the entire list, but is Superman: The Movie anywhere on there?

Yup, at #174.

"For it's time?" It's a relatively recent film, dude. You make it sound as if it came out 30 years ago like HALLOWEEN did. :lol

When it came out....in 2000...it WAS new....now this stuff, is not new thanks to the 5 other Saws, and Hostels. So...for its TIME...2000...it was new.

Back