efx website is live

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did that as well, but that's before you actually confirm the order.

You don't actually think it's a con do you? Come on.

Nope, but the "Accept terms and conditions for International Buyers" plus the suprise figure at the end

It sure felt that way, now ive had time to digest . . .

I still think. they may pull something with those "Terms and Conditions" about cancellations / forfeits or some such Bollox

I mean think

Lets take orders for International

Lets charge em $600 at the end knowing that 80% will cancel then hit em with a 20% cancellation fee its a first come first serve situation their all clambering to get an order in (its a possibility ??)

All I know is its been 30 mins since I ordered and left my CC details

Had no receipt email, had no order placed email, had no receipt emails for my emails sent trying via their own forms to contact them to say shove this order were the sun dont shine

HAD SWEET FA

Ill be alot happier when someone tells me that no monies will be taken and theat they are gonna cancel this order

Last edited:
I'm from Romania and I'm getting mine from somewhere else. No way I'm going to pay $600 (or $400) for shipping, not even if FedEx will beam the darn thing directly in my room.:rolleyes:

I'm from Romania and I'm getting mine from somewhere else. No way I'm going to pay $600 (or $400) for shipping, not even if FedEx will beam the darn thing directly in my room.:rolleyes:

Yeh co-incidental I guess that no international shipping is shown until the order is placed

and then its presented as thanks for your order take that SUCKER

:sick

I asked Amy to cancel my Stormie since I order it through my dealer in Europe. Including custom fees I would pay over $950 buying direct from efx.

I'm willing to believe that Mooncat's experience can be chalked up to a website glitch. This is eFX's shakedown cruise. Can't expect it to be perfect. The real test is how gracious and efficiently eFX both tends to these glitches and cancels those orders from people who feel wronged.

As for the shipping, it sounds like FedEX is trying to take eFX for a ride because they're a new, relatively small company who is negotiating their rates for the first time. It seems to me that they need to play hardball with FedEX and/or seeking out other means (UPS, DHL, USPS, etc.)

anyone come across dealers that will be carrying the helmet?

i think e-fx is off to a great start and hope to do business with them in the future, but as of now... the web site security and the shipping costs are holding me back.

Supposedly they have worked out a better deal with Fedex for international shipping and will adjust the shipping on people's orders. If you want a quote, you can go to the rebelscum thread that I linked to earlier and contact one of the eFX employees there before ordering. Last I heard, the site still wasn't giving the correct amount for shipping.

Supposedly they have worked out a better deal with Fedex for international shipping and will adjust the shipping on people's orders. If you want a quote, you can go to the rebelscum thread that I linked to earlier and contact one of the eFX employees there before ordering. Last I heard, the site still wasn't giving the correct amount for shipping.

That is correct. Amy said the shipping costs would still show up as high for international buyers, but if you email her she will give you the correct quote. All purchases are being authorized with credit card companies manually, apparantly their auto bill function is not working through the website. She also said if anyone that purchased this internationally wanted a refund due to high shipping costs to email her and she would cancel it right away.

The other issue was that FedEx was billing them for what sounded like oversized package rates. Freight shipping as opposed to actual weight. They were working on getting shipping costs down for US buyers as well and said they would pass along any savings. I was a little surprised shipping to NY is $37.00 and change.

I ordered mine internationally as well but will arrive to me only in August. But no huge shipping costs...

I got an email from Amy today:

Thank you for purchasing the eFX ANH Stormtrooper Helmet.

We are happy to inform you that over the past 24 hours we have been working with Fed Ex and have managed to come up with a lower shipping rate for you:

Original: $37.50

New: $21.32

You will be billed for the new rate. If you have any questions please let me know. Thank you for your patience through our first order.

Amy

Very cool. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

That is cool, but for a newer customer the experience could be a bit unsettling.

Back