EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gino, maybe a painted proto of Fett's lid at SDCC?! Is eFX still planning on putting this up for PO this year or has it fallen back to 2015 now?

I'm dying to hear some news about the ESB Fett helmet and the full Stormtrooper armor on a mannequin so hopefully something will be shown at SDCC.

I can only imagine the aftermarket prices for eFX Fett helmet. I should buy one to resell later like some people do LOL

I can only imagine the aftermarket prices for eFX Fett helmet. I should buy one to resell later like some people do LOL

I hear that. I don't really do hero replicas but I will probably pick one up just in case it's amazing. Better to order and sell later than not to and regret it forever... or pay a premium.

Though with all the love McQuarie's art is getting for VII and Rebels, I would be so happy to finally see this (photo from 2011).

100_2244_zps2613878c.jpg

Or the Y-Wing. Something. Anything.

Gino, maybe a painted proto of Fett's lid at SDCC?! Is eFX still planning on putting this up for PO this year or has it fallen back to 2015 now?

Yeah I'm dying to hear news of this helmet. I don't know how they'l pull off of a worthy paintjob en masse though. The MR was an ok paintjob but no where near good enough for the premium figure this helmet will probably sell for.

I may be in the minority here, but personally, as far as the efx Fett goes,I'd rather see weathering that maybe wasn't exactly screen-accurate in the pattern of wear/paint flaking/etc but was consistent in general "severity" of the screen used prop. If they did that I think it'd be easier to get a production piece that looked good on its own. Too many Fett helmets try to "fake" the irregularities, imperfections and paint chipping/wearing/scuffing, and two things happen. A: they can never get ALL of the details exactly right, and so people complain. B: because they don't get everything as far as copying the weathering, we're left with something that looks decidedly more forced and fake, or seems overly clean. This is because the original prop, as far as I know, was randomly painted or weathered or whatever. Nobody looked at a picture or diagram and said "that spot right there just to the side of the visor needs just these many specs of bare metal showing from under the green paint." So why not have the people making the replicas do the same?

In essence, keep the dent, but let the people painting or weathering these (however that's to be done) a little... "Artistic license?" (Using that term rather loosely of course :lol )

The original's weather was meticulously designed and painted because at least one other helmet (3rd Pre-production helmet) was painted almost exactly the same, plus a few others, testing different colours and weathering patterns etc.

eFX are aiming this at the hardcore fan and collector and most of them (such as The Dented helmet folk) will know Fett's weathering almost like the back of their hand. The top painters there come incredibly close to the original, right down to the smallest niks and flakes. Thanks to high res photos of the helmet from exhibitions they have very good reference. For a $1000 piece I'd want accuracy over artistic license every time.

Even if eFX reveal a stunningly painted master/prototype at SDCC it will be very hard to replicate over and over in production, but I really hope they pull it off. Otherwise I'l just get a FettPride painted by one of the TDH guys.

Last edited:
Exactly. The original was made (1st prototype, whatever) in a ______ way (insert whatever synonym for "artistically random" you prefer), and then THE SAME ARTIST or someone equally well-qualified used that as a reference for later prototypes and finally the film prop. Pretty sure Joe Johnston (that original artist) won't be painting and weathering all of these for efx in a factory in China... :lol

Most of the hardcore (those Dented Helmet folk and others) also won't be happy with this no matter how well it turns out. Look at the Efx Vader for an example of that. Looking at what the efx Vader lids were like, and what efx said themselves about those, that's clearly not the market they're most interested in. Sure, efx knows that such hardcore fans exist, but they would be stupid to market their products to them. Instead, there's a MUCH larger demographic, that of the high end collector who is a bit less hardcore, which means more helmets get sold AND that they won't be returned en masse when one flake of paint is in the wrong place.

I'm hoping the Fett helmet and the Stormtrooper armor are on display at SDCC and that someone will take pictures.

What the hell is this 1:1 Disney grinning girl statue here? Why not more pics of the eFX booth? :(

Welcome to being an SDCC outsider. You see a peak at something in the background of a shot and wait forever to see close-ups of it! :gah:

AAAhhh! Old wounds opening!

That sure as hell is the Falcon! What is this treachery eFX? Explain yourself!

Yep. First announced July 29th, 2009.

I wonder how that McQuarrie X-Wing is going?

efx6_zpsdb179834.jpg

Back