EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These aren't small Hasbro figures though and for. And when you're aging almost hundreds of dollars for something, there's no justifying monotony or understanding that mistakes happen.

I didn't have issues with my Vader but there were more than a few who had and there's really just no excuse. There's many inner workings to how a business works but when you're dealing with authentic 1:1 props, you have your work cut out for you and you better deliver.

I agree 100% mate, we pay through the nose for some of these pieces and we deserve them without issue :1-1:.

I was just making the point that these people who work at the factories making em aren't toiling away in some sweat shop.

:duff

I do apologize if my "pennies" comment rubbed people the wrong way, but if they are indeed making more than "us regular" people on the boards, then there really is absolutely NO excuse to be anything less than perfect:lol

Yeah. I got 3 replacement domes, every one of them had issues. I ended up just sending back the 3rd replacement and not asking for a fourth. Just gave up on it. I guess my helmet will have Styrofoam rub marks.

On eFx:

1. Bryan (owner I believe) is an incredible guy, and does what he says he'll do.
2. Historically terrible customer service response time, though I had a lot less trouble reaching them lately.
3. Announce products, show prototypes, never preorder. Where's the Iron Man helmet!?
4. Once they actually do a preorder, development and production takes forever.

I respectfully ask you experts what the advantages of having the TK Hero cast in fiberglass might be. Will it yellow over time? Thank you.

Gino,

Out of curisoity.......was that helmet shipped to you/ EFX from the Archives? That doesn't look thier work room. Never seen the archives do that before. Pretty cool.

Thanks.

If the Stormtrooper armor comes with the mannequin and a blaster for around 2K then it'll be difficult to pass on since one of those on display in my house has been a dream since I was a kid but I have a feeling that 2K will pay for the armor and then everything else will be add on going higher and higher from there.

If the Stormtrooper armor comes with the mannequin and a blaster for around 2K then it'll be difficult to pass on since one of those on display in my house has been a dream since I was a kid but I have a feeling that 2K will pay for the armor and then everything else will be add on going higher and higher from there.

Was thinking that myself 2k is reasonable as a complete piece, just watched video where Bryan said its sold complete assembled and is prop replica so will not com in different sizes for gloves body suit boots etc so I'm guessing that includes the mannequin, as always love your sigs mike, gives me something to search each month ;)

If the pull off the trooper armor for no more than 3k w/ mannequin it would still be a steal. Personally, I would love the whole thing but must have the helmets.

BTW, Mike like the new signature pic.

Yeah, for anywhere in the 2-3k range for a fully assembled suit on a mannequin I'm definitely in. I wonder if it will be poseable and/or have the option of an accurate blaster?

From Art Andrews (RPF) regarding my questions so far:

-Too early to say. Will most likely come partially assembled, but that will really come down to a shipping issue to be determined much later in the process of having this produced.
-No.
- It is being displayed on a heavily modified flexi-mannequin. Again, it is too early in the process to say what the final mannequin will be made from.
- Can't answer that yet either. I know Gino wants to include a weapon, but whether that will happen or not is still, very much, up in the air.

Original questions:

- Will the TK armor come assembled on mannequin when shipped, or do you need it to put it yourself?
- Will this be available without the mannequin? Just armor, helmet and accessories?
- What kind of mannequin is used here: fiberglass or foam, flexible or fixed, can it be disassembled to fit better when shipped?
- Will this Stormtrooper come with a blaster too? If yes, then what kind: DLT-19 as seen in the pics, or E-11 - also will it be made of plastic/resin or metal, will it be cast from screen used/Sterling?

Ok, so we have the Stormtrooper helmet made of fiberglass.

Then we have the suit with helmet made of ABS? So to get the ABS helmet, you need to buy the suit?

Has anyone asked eFX if the small round stands they use will ever be sold separately? The big square stands from the Legend helmets are huge!

original_trooper.jpg

I always loved how Leia's boobs bounced around in that scene.

BB

Has anyone asked eFX if the small round stands they use will ever be sold separately? The big square stands from the Legend helmets are huge!

There were many collectors asking this for years, from the first days eFX released their helmets. There are people who like having collectibles displayed in the same way, with same type of stands (MR or eFX).

eFX could have even made them generic stands without the Star Wars logo on base, so no licensing problems/fees, like Sideshow makes generic 1:6 stands for their figures. And MANY collectors would have bought these stands for their helmets, even if they were not eFX lids.

Unfortunately no answer from eFX... :(

I always loved how Leia's boobs bounced around in that scene.

BB

You are not alone ;)

eFX could have even made them generic stands without the Star Wars logo on base, so no licensing problems/fees, like Sideshow makes generic 1:6 stands for their figures. And MANY collectors would have bought these stands for their helmets, even if they were not eFX lids.

That's even a better idea. :yess:

Maybe someone going at SDCC could ask them (again) about these. :)

I doubt anyone would waste their time knowing efX is just going to dance around the question. I clearly remember them saying they would release a smaller base for those that though Vader's was too large.

I asked about the helmet stands, still talking about it. Bryan said because they want to focus on product first and getting releases shipped, the stands are on the back burner.

The new Y wing is a sharper and cleaner mold. Obviously different paint scheme from MR. They're hoping to keep cost around $800(fingers crossed). Stormie legend helmet may ship early next year Jan/Feb. The Stormie armor comes with no blaster and probably no mannequin.

Back