eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally received shipping consignment for this bad boy, cross your fingers for me

Mate there wasn’t to much wrong with mine only a little mark on his nose but I can live with it so yours should be cool. Good to see CF came thru for us.

Mate there wasn’t to much wrong with mine only a little mark on his nose but I can live with it so yours should be cool. Good to see CF came thru for us.

Good to hear, they've come thru on a couple now, but for now my confidence is waivering. Hope they return to normal soon

some legends did have the cloth bag

An actual bag...interesting... Can anyone with a bag post it here pls. Seems unfair some got protective bags and others didn't for storing...I thought ,mine was in a bag but it was a piece of cloth covering the mask...with a white piece of foam to help keep it in place...

Last edited:
An actual bag...interesting... Can anyone with a bag post it here pls. Seems unfair some got protective bags and others didn't for storing...I thought ,mine was in a bag but it was a piece of cloth covering the mask...with a white piece of foam to help keep it in place...

apologies, just protective cloth to separate from the styro

I have a late edition limited helmet and there's only small sections of material taped to the packing foam to protect the paint. Has anyone noticed fine scratches on the eye lenses? I've noticed a few too many.

Well #978 in the house, it's been traumatic but it's here, beautiful piece with no issues.... no baggie on the dome but had a cross of soft material to stop it bumping, and find the contrast between the grey & metal just right, the dome has a slight shine but not too much.....
just wish the whole process had been a lot smoother

Well #978 in the house, it's been traumatic but it's here, beautiful piece with no issues.... no baggie on the dome but had a cross of soft material to stop it bumping, and find the contrast between the grey & metal just right, the dome has a slight shine but not too much.....
just wish the whole process had been a lot smoother

Congrats! It is good to see news like this from time to time...

Got my replacement Legend. Same issue. Big rub on the top.

I was surprised they used the same shipping container/styrofoam as the original, as that has been proven to damage the helmets. I thought they would have figured out a different way.

Sending #2 back. Third times a charm. :pray:

I managed to get lucky last week when my first replacement came for my LE. As perfect as it should've been from the beginning. No rubs, d magnet and a good shine for the LE version. I love this helmet. I had to sell my MR ROTS LE to fund it but it was worth it and no regrets.

Mine showed up yesterday, LE #116 :yess:

I got lucky with the dome straight outta the gates. No issues and although I don't have a second dome to compare it to, I really happy with the level of sheen. Not too glossy but not too matted; a perfect balance IMO.

Mine didn't come with a "bag" or cloth. It was protected by the cross of material like shocktrooper mentioned. Good enough 'cause it worked :).

The stand on my base has a scratch in the acrylic and a bunch of spots or stains that I couldn’t rub off with a soft cloth (sunglass cleaning cloth). Anyone else have this issue? Got lucky with the dome but I'll have to contact eFx about the acrylic.

Also there is a chip in the paint on the bridge of his nose where the peak of the dome sits. Anyone else have this? It’s annoying me to death but the dome covers it when it’s on and I’m not even sure that I didn’t do it myself when I was putting the dome on; although I was very careful. I feel like if I did get I replaced, there is a good chance of it happening again because the way the dome sits isn’t going to change. So I’ll probably just live with it.

But all and all this piece is BADASS. Even though the glossier black contrast paint is a bit underwhelming (specifically the triangular portion on the right side of the face. SLOPPY PAINT WORK), this is looks phenomenal in hand. It has so much more presence than my other helmets (ESB Luke& MR Fett). I’m glad I decided to stick it out and not dump my PO when the s__t started to hit the fan.

Congrats to all who got one. This is a killer piece.

SCRATCH AND MARKS ON THE ACRYLIC:

DSC00855.jpg

PROTECTIVE STRIP:

DSC00853.jpg

Last edited:
The stand on my base has a scratch in the acrylic and a bunch of spots or stains that I couldn’t rub off with a soft cloth (sunglass cleaning cloth). Anyone else have this issue?

Yup, I have an dirty and scratched base also.
Still waiting for an replacement .......

I would not accept the paintchips, this item is too expensive to have paintchips imho.

I know I hear you on not standing for the paint chip. Just because the dome covers it doesn't stop it from bugging me. I just feel like it'll be a mission to get it swapped out, just for it to enviably happen again. Unless the dome isn't the cause and mine came like that.

If anyone else has this on theirs, let me know. I'll post pics a soon as I get a chance

Back