eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exactly. as i posted some pages back, i was at this shop trying out 4 units so i had all 4 on display. while i was adjusting one unit's dome, literally the paint and material scraped and the dome left a big chip on that bridge.

That happened on my Vader helmet also. The paint scraped right off the bridge. It's not bad, and certainly not worth the hassle of arranging for a replacement.

Yep. That's exactly what happened to mine. I'm debating if I should try to get it replaced. I don't care about the hassle and I don't feel that something of this quality (and price point) should chip when the dome sits on a part that it's supposed to. My concern is going through the trouble to get a replacement and it just chipping again the second I put the dome back on. Even though the dome covers the chip, I'm still pretty annoyed by it.

I have to wonder how much more work is it to start shipping the replacements out with the bag covers like the EP III MR helmet had. Luckily, my legend was ok (although the box was beat up) but I will be forever paranoid should I need to pack it up and store it. Will have to find someone to stitch up some of those bags for me in felt just in case.

I have to wonder how much more work is it to start shipping the replacements out with the bag covers like the EP III MR helmet had. Luckily, my legend was ok (although the box was beat up) but I will be forever paranoid should I need to pack it up and store it. Will have to find someone to stitch up some of those bags for me in felt just in case.

Why not just use an old pillow case to put it in or even an old cushion cover if the pillow case doesn't fit.

Excellent point! Without further protection, a Vader helmet that the seller has in perfect condition might arrive to the buyer with rubs and scratches. Still not sure why eFX got so cheap on packaging...

Excellent point! Without further protection, a Vader helmet that the seller has in perfect condition might arrive to the buyer with rubs and scratches. Still not sure why eFX got so cheap on packaging...

I was actually pretty surprised that no one has mentioned this in therpf, here, or on other forums from what I saw. With the many times all of us move or just need to pack due to renovation or the need for storage, a perfectly fine helmet may be at risk the longer its in the box and moved around. I am a odd example, but in the last 6 years, I've moved 7 times. Had 2 storage units, with one getting broken into, and had to box up and store my stuff, including MR and EFX items over and over again. It'd crush me if I finally settle down, unpacked my Legend Vader and found it now had marks on it when before it was perfect. But the pillow case idea is definitely a good recommendation to anyone out there, I'd just like a bit extra padding that felt may provide over thinner covers. The wife knows how to sew somewhat and we have yards of felt, might be the kick she needs to pick up sewing again lol.

Not sure why eFX will not send cloth bags to all the buyers either, but when I get a chance I'm heading the fabric store to pick up some felt cloth.

Regarding the scrapes collectors are encountering when adjusting the dome, I stated this a while ago, but I believe everyone is going to have this problem. Some probably don't know they have it. Of course you can't see it with the dome on, but to think on the MR Vader helmet where I have adjusted the dome many times over the years the scraping issue is non-existent.

still waiting for mine. eFX doesn't answer emails. Looks like I'm losing my deposit so sick of dealing with them.

Just talked to redford films as I picked up the limited from them at a great price. The rep there was telling me stories about the helmet and how they have to explain to people what to expect when getting it and what to look for in regards to defects and such. Only one customer had to return theirs and get a replacement and they said any issues no matter what give them a call. Great people their. To bad it was a long distance call cause the rep started talking bout the forums and such and it was racking up the bill

Because they're incompetent idiots that have ruined the fun of collecting these high end items.

I noticed that the helmet went "out of stock" at Redfordfilms at some point during their sale. Now it's back in stock, although it seems pretty clear that they pulled it so as to not lose too much money on them. When the sale started they had 32 and now they have 26.

I was actually pretty surprised that no one has mentioned this in therpf, here, or on other forums from what I saw. With the many times all of us move or just need to pack due to renovation or the need for storage, a perfectly fine helmet may be at risk the longer its in the box and moved around.

I mentioned that on Rebelscum

I noticed that the helmet went "out of stock" at Redfordfilms at some point during their sale. Now it's back in stock, although it seems pretty clear that they pulled it so as to not lose too much money on them. When the sale started they had 32 and now they have 26.

Yes I noticed that too. That's why I called them as my card wasn't getting charged and I though I was going to get stiffed out of a good deal.

Am I the only one that put a deposit down with eFX, does not have their helmet yet and gets no responses at all when I contact eFX with questions about paying for it?

I mentioned that on Rebelscum

I can't say this over there, but have your read the latest spiel from the Mods???

Holy crap! They're basically saying that everyones concerns are equal to that of a bunch of juveniles.

Who's being more juvenile? The good people who have laid out hundreds of thousands of dollars (between them) that actually keep eFX in a job and have genuine concerns/issues - or the Mods who think that such concerns are not adult-like?

WTF is wrong with them???

Last edited:
I can't say this over there, but have your read the latest spiel from the Mods???

Holy crap! They're basically saying that everyones concerns are equal to that of a bunch of juveniles.

Who's being more juvenile? The good people who have laid out hundreds of thousands of dollars (between them) that actually keep eFX in a job and have genuine concerns/issues - or the Mods who think that such concerns are not adult-like?

WTF is wrong with them???

Know what you mean bro, but, hey, RS is a place for people who like eFX, speak against it and you get burned. :monkey1

Back