eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figured we needed to see Gino's pics again of this beauty:

Hey guys!
Here are some additional shots of the two versions.
I couldn't be more pleased with how they turned out.
A big thanks to eFX for bringing a replica of this caliber to the fans!
BTW, if your collection does not focus on replica helmets, you might want to consider making an exception in this case.

LEGEND EDITION

efx_accurate_1.JPG

efx_accurate_2.JPG

efx_accurate_3.JPG

efx_accurate_4.JPG

efx_accurate_5.JPG

efx_accurate_6.JPG

efx_accurate_7.JPG

efx_accurate_8.JPG

efx_accurate_9.JPG

efx_accurate_10.JPG

Any non-US collector grabbed a legend edition?

Hope my local dealer puts up the limited edition for sale soon.. Can't wait to get a helmet of such pedigree! A true must have for any star wars collection. This helmet won't be bested by any mass produced licensed product...unless there is a secret mold for a rotj reveal vader helmet hidden somewhere waiting to be discovered.

Got mine ordered as well..

SSF LEGENDS:

1. IrishJedi
2. QuiGonFishing
3. demorathis
4. icruise
5. ambasah
6. yodasan
7. jason2885
8. Ultimate Weapon
9. wofford29
10. msjedi36
11. jstep13
12. Avenger
13. GreatFire
14. lamtsunfung
15. gibby
16. Commtech
17. lamtsunfung
18. silentman116
19. HEAD NIZZEL
20. Darth Waller
21. goldbuffalo
22. Vader AL
23. SolidLiquidFox
24. Qrest Fourstar
25. swo77
26. Tiny Eli
27. Darknight
28. Firefly2121

Any of you freaks have a reliable source for acrylic/glass covers for either/both the McQuarrie and Legend Vader?

Gino... or anyone else... does anyone have a guess as to the anticipated size of the Limited release? Are we looking at 1000, or 2000, or a somewhat open edition that may run for days or weeks before closing?

Looking at those shots from Gino makes me feel like I'm looking at movie stills or publicity photos!

24 hours later, and I'm still floating on a cloud of happiness...

Thanks, icruise. So how many of you are looking to get one of these - Ltd Edn versions, either to hold onto or to sell in the future? I've bought & resold 1/6 figures so I know something about them, but have never purchased anything like this so am a bit apprehensive. Sold my 1/6 Iron Man Mark II last week to pay for the Ltd Edn, but now I'm wondering. I made almost $600 profit on the Iron Man, how do these helmet collectibles hold up in the long run? I quite liked the McVader, I think that it will hold up well, being so unique - the McQuarries appear to be moving for $1400+ on secondary mkt. I'll admit that I often buy 2 of something when I think it will do well. I hold onto one for a year or two then sell, my profit then offsets what I paid for the one I keep. I suspect some of you prob do same thing :)

Last edited:
Thanks, icruise. So how many of you are looking to get one of these - Ltd Edn versions, either to hold onto or to sell in the future? I've bought & resold 1/6 figures so I know something about them, but have never purchased anything like this so am a bit apprehensive. Sold my 1/6 Iron Man Mark II last week to pay for the Ltd Edn, but now I'm wondering. I made almost $600 profit on the Iron Man, how do these helmet collectibles hold up in the long run? I quite liked the McVader, I think that it will hold up well, being so unique - the McQuarries appear to be moving for $1400+ on secondary mkt. I'll admit that I often buy 2 of something when I think it will do well. I hold onto one for a year or two then sell, my profit then offsets what I paid for the one I keep. I suspect some of you prob do same thing :)

I collect for myself, not to sell at overprice later. There were guys who might have bought 2 of the Legend version just to resell at higher price later, and thus another collector might have missed his chance in getting one at retail. I know this is the way of the business (for some), but personally I think collecting would be much better without flipping.

I'm not talking about people who have to sell their collectibles for some reasons, it is normal for them to sell at the market price (and maybe stupid to sell at retail), since they bought the collectibles for themselves, but because of problems they have to sell them to cover various expenses etc. But not to intentionally buy a very limited piece, just to resell it at higher price. I feel there is no honor in doing that.

There were also collectors who bought 2 to help a friend, these are people I truly respect because they care about the fellow collector and they are not in here about the easy buck. My 2 cents.

I agree with you JK , but unfortunately this always happens, everyone does with his money what he feels, business for pleasure or helping a friend .....

I collect for myself, not to sell at overprice later. There were guys who might have bought 2 of the Legend version just to resell at higher price later, and thus another collector might have missed his chance in getting one at retail. I know this is the way of the business (for some), but personally I think collecting would be much better without flipping.

I'm not talking about people who have to sell their collectibles for some reasons, it is normal for them to sell at the market price (and maybe stupid to sell at retail), since they bought the collectibles for themselves, but because of problems they have to sell them to cover various expenses etc. But not to intentionally buy a very limited piece, just to resell it at higher price. I feel there is no honor in doing that.

There were also collectors who bought 2 to help a friend, these are people I truly respect because they care about the fellow collector and they are not in here about the easy buck. My 2 cents.

:goodpost:

buying 2 at the expense of your fellow collector should be frowned upon in my opinion.

I agree with you JK , but unfortunately this always happens, everyone does with his money what he feels, business for pleasure or helping a friend .....

I don't want to change the world, though it could need some changes nevertheless. Just posted my own thoughts. :)

Is anyone picking up the Limited to actually wear?!?!

I'm assuming these are made for wearing?!?! :dunno

Is anyone picking up the Limited to actually wear?!?!

I'm assuming these are made for wearing?!?! :dunno

Indeed you can wear them, but walking with a helmet that costs $800-1000 could be dangerous for the brain, it could overload and explode. :panic::lol

I think I'd agree for the most part. Something like this where there's only 250 of really should be limited to 1 per person. Most of the reasons to buy 2 comes back to flipping it. I don't think it's the buyers responsibility to limit them though. If the company doesn't do it, then I guess I can't fault the next guy for trying to make a buck. All's fair and all...

However, something like Hot Toys where the item is available for some time before selling out, everyone gets a shot at those if they're paying attention to the HT release notes. So, I feel far less angst over HT flipping than I would on something like this.

Back