eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well hot damn...2 different versions!!! I want the hand painted one...this is going to rock next to the SS 1:1 and eFX McVader helmets...

And just remembered he did Legend. I think his work on Carpenter's The Thing is still the most disgusting, realistic looking stuff I have ever seen on film.

I agree about The Thing. CG will never be able to replicate something so realistic and disgusting.

I'm in for the original hand painted version, hopefully this version will be in enough edition numbers for people who want it.

Let's hope it doesn't have an ES of 50 and cost twice as much as the other version.

interesting news indeed. I would be in for the raw version as well, depending on price of course.

:yess::clap:hi5: i've been waiting so long for a decent 1:1 vader helmet. this will be mine. and it'll be the perfect complement to my 1:1 efx stormie helmet.

the only thing i'm concerned about is the price. hope it's below usd700.

any freaks on this thread going for sdcc? we need some pics!

Not going to SDCC, but I'm sure images will show up in here during that time. I will be at CV and will take photos while there. Gotta break out a new camera and learn the ins and outs of it before the show.

Great news. I've wanted 'a' (good) Vader Helmet for years. Good to know that the right one is available soon. But... should I come across a bargain MR RotS version in due time, it would be hard to say no... . I've always found them over priced.
Anyway, hope the ANH version turns out great; looking forward to seeing it.

I own a MR ROTS Helmet. It's not a bad helmet whatsoever and don't understand the hate that it gets. Of course, I got mine for a little over $400 when MR marked them down at the tail end of their run. So I can see concerns over price to a certain point. I think it was one of MR's better helmets in the line. That being said, even with my ROTS Helmet...owning a ANH Helmet is intriguing. Even if I'm going back and forth between this and the SS 1:1 Vader.

I never cared for the ROTS Vader helmet, passed on it numerous times. That's why I got the SS bust and now waiting for the eFX ANH version (or any OT Vader helmet). The problem with the ROTS Vader helmet might be that is not iconic, of course it is Vader, but not the Vader old collectors love IMO. In the Prequels we have Anakin, in OT we have Darth Vader. Plus the screen time for the ROTS Vader helmet is quite short too.

I own a MR ROTS Helmet. It's not a bad helmet whatsoever and don't understand the hate that it gets. Of course, I got mine for a little over $400 when MR marked them down at the tail end of their run. So I can see concerns over price to a certain point. I think it was one of MR's better helmets in the line. That being said, even with my ROTS Helmet...owning a ANH Helmet is intriguing. Even if I'm going back and forth between this and the SS 1:1 Vader.

The problem with that helmet wasn't with MR (in fact, it was one of their best products and a very nice piece) it's with the ROTS design itself... over-sanitized, symmetrical revisionist-pap that loses almost all of the menace and character that the original Vader helmets had.

I never cared for the ROTS Vader helmet, passed on it numerous times. That's why I got the SS bust and now waiting for the eFX ANH version (or any OT Vader helmet). The problem with the ROTS Vader helmet might be that is not iconic, of course it is Vader, but not the Vader old collectors love IMO. In the Prequels we have Anakin, in OT we have Darth Vader. Plus the screen time for the ROTS Vader helmet is quite short too.

I understand all your points, and, me too, I love the OT above all. Still, if it saves me an important amount of money, I'll go for the RotS version. It looks enough like Vader to me... And that's all I want, a descent enough representation of that great design. I know there are significant differences, I just don't care enough about them to get sore eyes every time I look at a RotS helmet.

$400 is a steal for the ROTS version and I would gladly pick one up for that price.

I hope the ANH version will be less than $1k, otherwise it will be a pass for me.

efx can name their price... i think the tricky part will be deciding between the two versions.

Back