eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be meeting with eFX on Wednesday night, picking up some press/media materials, and talking with them about this item (and others).

So if you have any specific questions for them, let me know.

:duff

I'll be meeting with eFX on Wednesday night, picking up some press/media materials, and talking with them about this item (and others).

Can you ask them if they have any plans to produce a Scout Trooper, TIE Fighter Pilot, or Imperial Guard helmet so I know whether or not to start searching for decent customs? Also, is the Studio Scale Slave 1 still in the works?

Carl ask them if they will ever offer these wholesale through a distributor like MR did in the past. And if they say no ask why not. Thanks!

I would be interested to hear about the Millennium Falcon they have in development. When it will be released, price point, etc. Thanks!

I'd be curious to know about when the Tie Fighter is coming and if Slave I is in the works as well. :duff

I'd like to know why there is such a long wait between the proto being shown & final product? not in a mean spirited way, just curious, seemed when MR where making theirs there was a 12month wait eFX seems like 2 years or more. I'm sure there is something to do with ensuring quality control etc etc & the manufacturing process, but why not show the proto a bit further down the manufacturing process to shorten the time

personally, i would rather see the proto next week and anticipate the final product than having to wait...

efx has never disappointed... i appreciate them taking their time and getting it right.

eFX is run by 5 or 6 guys. MR was a normal-sized company. When MR went under, or when their SW license expired, whichever of the two came first - the SW talent left and formed eFX. That's why we're still seeing that same consistent quality. But with a presumably smaller operation, things can't move as fast for them as they did for MR back in '05.

Yes and no. A few of the guys behind many of the early MR triumphs were already gone by the time MR hit their rough ROTS patch. When the Star Wars license expired and the Corgi merge killed any chance of a reconcile, a couple of the guys who had already left MR and a couple of the MR SW guys formed eFX down south whereas MR was in Walnut Creek. So you're right about the same quality but not that its simply MR's SW department removed. They've been having their issues just like Steve D's (one of the founders of MR) QMx has had but it should be interesting to see if things like this could relatively push them back into the market.

I'm looking forward to this more than any other piece at SDCC.

eFX is also quietly backed by Lucasfilm itself.

My meeting with them is scheduled for Wednesday (Preview Night). First booth I'm visiting on the floor. Can't wait.

any other Clone Trooper helmet plan? Commander Cody?

Any plan of signature version of Dath Vader new hope helmet and LUke X-Wing Helmet?

thanks!

eFX is also quietly backed by Lucasfilm itself.

My meeting with them is scheduled for Wednesday (Preview Night). First booth I'm visiting on the floor. Can't wait.

Will probably be the first booth I visit too this Wednesday! This is the helmet I've been waiting for so many years!! I'm glad I didn't buy the unlicensed one from ebay.

Can you please ask EFX if they have any plans on fixing their shipping for international customers?
I had to cancel my X Wing display case cause it was going to cost nearly $1000 to ship here by fed ex.
My X Wing cost $400 and this is the only reason why i wont buy anymore efx stuff. :(
MR used to ship by DHL and it was unbelievably cheap, i used to get all my MR stuff direct.

Back