eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In lieu of what's transpiring over at the RPF thread I went ahead and ordered it.

It might just be smoke but if eFX has indeed lost their license then these will be sold out pretty soon.

I hope somebody would shed some light on the whole business.

Nuts, I really want one with the fancy paint job... now I'm afraid that will never be available.

I think someone just wanted to sell some Vader helmets.

Ha ha. Well, they go me!

To be clear, this is so far an unfounded rumor started by an RPF poster without any evidence whatsoever.

Still I needed a nudge to pull the trigger on this helmet and that was it.

Well considering just how badly EFX handles things it would not surprise me if they were to be done, and it is quite strange how the Website has been down for as long as it has and that EFX is giving the Vader helmets to customers that had the down payment with the scout helmet.
It's also very strange that EE, BBTS and such still don't have the Vader helmets for sale.
I was really hoping for the special edition but I'm starting to think it will never be seen.

I'm interested in the Special Edition helmet too, but at this point I'd be shocked if we actually see it.

I got tired of waiting for eFX's website to go back up, so just ordered a "regular" one from Baitme.com. If the special ones eventually go on sale... oh, well.

I got tired of waiting for eFX's website to go back up, so just ordered a "regular" one from Baitme.com. If the special ones eventually go on sale... oh, well.

Did you get it for retail?

Shipping was only $10 but because I live in CA, the tax kicked the price up. I'm not sure what eFX would have charged for shipping but I was fine with what I paid. Baitme is an authorized retailer so the price is fair... but I would've been happier if it was about $100 cheaper.

The quality is nice, but the plastic is a little thin. Still, it has sharp edges and the paint is flawless; love the amber lenses, too! A bit of an improvement over the Don Post I purchased in 1977:

I'd have to see a deluxe one in person to decide which I'd prefer, but I'm quite pleased with this version.

Shipping was only $10 but because I live in CA, the tax kicked the price up. I'm not sure what eFX would have charged for shipping but I was fine with what I paid. Baitme is an authorized retailer so the price is fair... but I would've been happier if it was about $100 cheaper.

The quality is nice, but the plastic is a little thin. Still, it has sharp edges and the paint is flawless; love the amber lenses, too! A bit of an improvement over the Don Post I purchased in 1977:

I'd have to see a deluxe one in person to decide which I'd prefer, but I'm quite pleased with this version.

My thoughts on this are pretty much spot on with yours, the helmet looks really good but man does it feel cheap. I display my helmets on the acrylic stands that can be had on eBay and it really helps the look of this piece tremendously to have it facing straight forward instead of slightly looking up.

I'll have to get a stand for it eventually. But I'll be putting it back in the box soon until I get a bigger place. My stuff has become overgrown!

Centurion, funny you should mention the Sleestak: that's the exact same thing my childhood friend said when I first got that and he saw it with the helmet off. Reference:

https://s259.photobucket.com/user/rileykev/media/sleestak.jpg.html

This has just arrived instock at my local Australian store.

Hopefully mine arrives sometime next week.

But if my store has got them I would've assumed that eFX would've already shipped these to those who ordered directly from them.

That's the thing: I don't think eFX ever had them for sale from their website; the site went down prior to the helmets going on sale at other retailers (or eBay).

As I understand it, the only people who got their Vaders directly from eFX are the Biker Scout people as a sort of consolation prize.

Back