eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received mine, and as others have mentioned it's not the most solid piece. But within my expectations (though I do have what looks like a inch long scuff mark on mine).

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Though I do have one question, regarding the metal tusk. On the right side (left on picture) it appears mine was stained with black. Whereas the one on the left side (right on picture) it's perfectly clean.

If it's an error I can easily clean it off.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The tusk is screen accurate to the ANH Vader helmet. No need to clean it off! Nice helmet thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the confirmation guys, I can rest easy now.

I just wasn't sure if it was intentional or not.

Sometimes it's good to be ignorant of inaccuracies (read that the Boba Fett PF has issues, but it's still one of my favouite pieces) and sometimes its not.

If this is a helmet with idealized paint, then shouldn't the tusk be clean too?

No...even the limited fiberglass helmet from a few years ago had idealized paint and a weathered tusk. Just part of the way eFX is making these.

Last edited:
That's the thing: I don't think eFX ever had them for sale from their website; the site went down prior to the helmets going on sale at other retailers (or eBay).

As I understand it, the only people who got their Vaders directly from eFX are the Biker Scout people as a sort of consolation prize.

And not all of the biker scout preorders have received their free vader helmet yet. There are a few people over at therpf that have not received it yet.

Also it seems very strange that efx would have their site down for as long as it currently has been. It is a very simple site and to rebuild it from scratch should not take much time, but it has been down for over a month and a half.

And not all of the biker scout preorders have received their free vader helmet yet. There are a few people over at therpf that have not received it yet.

Also it seems very strange that efx would have their site down for as long as it currently has been. It is a very simple site and to rebuild it from scratch should not take much time, but it has been down for over a month and a half.

If it takes EFX as long to fix the site as it does to actually release a product we may not see the new site until 2017. :lol

I never got mine because I refused the offer and asked for my deposit back and they sent a check to me. At least no more pending money tied up with eFX anymore. I got sick everything there and just didn't want any bribes to keep me waiting even though it was enticing. I'm very happy to have my $200 deposit back in my bank.

Wow so you can order a Special Edition helmet to pick it up at SDCC, not show up, and then you can arrange shipping with them... Think I'm gonna do that since I am definitely not attending :lol

What's the major differences between this one and the Legend edition other than the obvious price?

The Legend has brushed on paint in certain areas like the original. It is sloppier but truer to the original helmet.

Back