eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everybody knew we wouldn't see those within the first 5 years, at the least:lol

Anyway, as far as the shields go, there's never any good new with EFx that doesn't come with bad news. The containers with the shields are shipping via boat and should arrive in the US in two weeks.

The bad news, with the union strike at the docks, it'll be another 2-3 weeks from then.

Got this email last night from EFX:

==============================================================================

November 12, 2014
Order No.: ######
Payment Type: Full Payment

Dear Sir:

We have great news and unfortunately, some not so good news!

First, the great news . . . The first container with the Captain America shields will be shipped from Hong Kong this weekend! These shields will be allocated to the customers who purchased the shield with the Full Payment option. The container should arrive in about 2 weeks.

Now for a not so good news . . . As some of you may have heard, the labor unions have started a slowdown at all ports along the west coast. They have been working without a contract since July, so the result of this slow down is the US Customs clearance now takes 2-3 weeks, instead of the usual 3-5 days. And since the truck drivers are union as well, they have also slowed down the delivery of the containers, once the product has cleared customs. Thus, there is now a huge backlog of containers at the ports.

However, we are working with our freight forwarder to work through this and to expedite the process as best we can.
For the customers who purchased the shield with a $200 deposit, we should have another container in a couple weeks.
We will contact you when the products are delivered to our warehouse and ready to ship.

Thanks once again for your patience.

EFX Collectible.com

==============================================================================

So it looks like it may be Xmas time before I get my shield. I'm fine with that. Too bad I couldn't get it in time for Halloween to cosplay Cap. Oh well. Anyways, I'm still looking forward to receiving the shield. I've seen some people bashing on their facebook page as well. But what statues or replica collectibles are released on time anyways? There are always going to be delays or hiccups for some reason or another. As a consumer, I just want the final product to be of top notch quality. If that means a slight delay here or there, so be it. Companies producing these collectible items need to ensure they have a high level in quality control. Otherwise, their company name gets tarnished, leave a bad reputation, leads to poor sales, and subsequently fold and go out of business.

Well Toysforlife...not everyone feels the need to dress up as Captain America and run around their neighborhood with the shield on...:lol there are alternatives for that... don't need to wait for the EFX one.... have you try a trash can lid ???. Maybe it work...(just kidding :) )

600.jpg

So i'm guessing from that Email and the containers being 2 or 3 weeks apart, it will probably be January before BBTS gets these.

Again, so much negativity about EFX collectibles.... Lot of people complain for years about "bad costumer service", "bad comunication"... "is one man's company", bla, bla, bla...but suddenly, when they got their stuff in hand, all the negativity transforms in to: "great product", "excelent quality", "best replica ever" "thanks Bryan, you are the best"...etc.... and those same guys end up selling their pieces on ebay a month later...:slap ¡¡¡¡

I just read a funny post on facebook from a guy who was pissed off for the delay of the Cap's shield, because "he want it for a COSPLAY on Halloween night"...¡¡¡¡ :rotfl. lets be coherent... EFX is not Sideshow, or Hasbro. Think on EFX like artisans, their products are pieces of pop culture. All the good stuff takes time... i have plenty of it... and i don't plan to die soon...

Did I say the quality of the product was of question? No. I have not one doubt the end product will look beautiful and show extremely well on display.

It's like a restaurant. The food might have been wonderful, but you'll always remember how bad the waiter or management was and won't return. Why continue going somewhere you don't feel welcome? I suppose if you don't care much about the human element of things and are solely focused on the food then I guess go for it.

Honestly if I was refunded my deposit money and told to go piss up a rope I would gladly walk away with the money back. They have beautiful pieces, but I don't believe in paying a premium to a company who doesn't take much care into their customers (or so the perception continues to come off as at least).

"Think on EFX like artisans, their products are pieces of pop culture. All the good stuff takes time... i have plenty of it... and i don't plan to die soon..."
Indeed it all takes time, but don't consistently tell your customers one date and have it be so far off the map of estimation that you develop a reputation for always late delivery. Underpromising and overdelivering should always be the aim of any great company. Look how many people joke on their delivery time. They clearly have a bad reputation for it. You don't want to be known for stuff like that ever. You aim to get better and deliver on-time.

Last edited:
So i'm guessing from that Email and the containers being 2 or 3 weeks apart, it will probably be January before BBTS gets these.

"These shields will be allocated to the customers who purchased the shield with the Full Payment option"

Probably be longer then that.

Last edited:
Did I say the quality of the product was of question? No. I have not one doubt the end product will look beautiful and show extremely well on display.

It's like a restaurant. The food might have been wonderful, but you'll always remember how bad the waiter or management was and won't return. Why continue going somewhere you don't feel welcome? I suppose if you don't care much about the human element of things and are solely focused on the food then I guess go for it.

Honestly if I was refunded my deposit money and told to go piss up a rope I would gladly walk away with the money back. They have beautiful pieces, but I don't believe in paying a premium to a company who doesn't take much care into their customers (or so the perception continues to come off as at least).

"Think on EFX like artisans, their products are pieces of pop culture. All the good stuff takes time... i have plenty of it... and i don't plan to die soon..."
Indeed it all takes time, but don't consistently tell your customers one date and have it be so far off the map of estimation that you develop a reputation for always late delivery. Underpromising and overdelivering should always be the aim of any great company. Look how many people joke on their delivery time. They clearly have a bad reputation for it. You don't want to be known for stuff like that ever. You aim to get better and deliver on-time.

Well, different point of view. EFX reputation is subjective. If there are 200 people complain it for any reason, there will be another 200 in line, ready to buy this pieces no matter how good or bad service EFX provides. Is as simple as that. EFX still have the licenses for all of their products, they continue to develop more stuff, so, is not that bad after all. At the end, is all about the quality of the pieces, not the good "friendship" with the company.

I've seen some cases of "collectors" screaming, and demanding to EFX an EXACT day of delivery. They curse and hate everything EFX (from service issues to the lack of updates on their web site), because they are in a hurry to get the piece and sell it on e bay as soon as possible to get extra bucks, and the EFX production time frame is not good for them. There is a thin line between a real collector and a scalper, and is not money, is PATIENCE.

There's also a line between hoping to displaying something in your collection and death in old age.

There's also a line between hoping to displaying something in your collection and death in old age.

Word.

As far as release dates, I'm not asking for a specific day, but geeze stay true to the month or give or take a month at most. You definitely can't keep a shelf on a wall blank forever.

Touching on what Charles said in response... That's fine. I don't care if 200 other people are in line for something. They can have it. If I get to walk away with my money back then cool. I just don't believe in that kind of business practice. Their stuff looks top notch and am definitely not knocking that aspect of things.

Word.

As far as release dates, I'm not asking for a specific day, but geeze stay true to the month or give or take a month at most. You definitely can't keep a shelf on a wall blank forever.

Touching on what Charles said in response... That's fine. I don't care if 200 other people are in line for something. They can have it. If I get to walk away with my money back then cool. I just don't believe in that kind of business practice. Their stuff looks top notch and am definitely not knocking that aspect of things.

But leaving a shelf blank or an empty spot to be filled later is part of the fun to be a collector ¡¡¡¡:wink1:. But i agree with you, EFX business practice is, in some cases, unacceptable.

Give EFX Collectibles a break. Stop complaining and trolling them. I mean, is the only company out there who have the b***s to bring us great and quality official replicas. Complaining for delays??? c'moooon.... I waited more than 20+ years for a Luke Skywalker lightsaber replica until M.R. took the task....¡¡¡¡ I dont care if the Captain America shield from the Avengers is release at the time of Infinity War part II... :impatient:

The Marvel MCU (and their props) are destinated to become classics (very close to Star Wars movies) . I don't collect " new hot stuff of the moment" or to be "in style"... and yes, i have several blank spots in my collection for stuff that i know EFX is going to produce (in years, decades or centuries, whatever...). The EFX company has some issues, but at the end, they always deliver. Lets be patience...

Just my two cents.

Back