eFX ANH DARTH VADER HELMET SAMPLE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be an announcement when we have something more definitive.

Gino. can you clarify? I think both are from the same mould right? Just a different paint job?

Also, could you ask Bryan how the tie fighter is coming along?

Million thanks.

So is the Limited a completely different mold, or the same mold of the ANH original but cleaned up? And if it is a different mold, what mold is it coming from? Just curious...

Both originate from the same mold, the Rick Baker mold from the archives.

No other company holds a candle to what you guys are doing with 1:1 scaled Star Wars prop replicas/collectibles, these turned out awesome.

And Gino what is this in one of the photos ?

VWnxo.gif

Strange reflection. Looks more like a paint smudge or finger smudge... I guess you checked it since you have the actual thing there.

So, to clarify, the ONLY thing that is different between the two helmets is the paint job, right?

Sean

No, the limited is more cleaned up than the legend, but both were taken from the same baker mold.

It's not.
It's light reflecting off the uneven surface of the cheek.
You guys crack me up. lol

I'm not bothered by it, looks like nothing really to me, say residue easy fix.......I'm not nitpicking.........for once. Love it Gino!!!!

Can you define "cleaned up" please?

Sean

He.s referring to The filling n smoothing of little uneven "landmarks" such as little excess bumps, boogers, flash, tiny holes that a cast would have straight out of the mold...the screen used helmet had those little pits n nubs that you wouldnt expect from vaders helmet...they had to determine which ones were significant enough to keep n which ones are new .thus idealized smoother surface, but not enough to look like the polished empire version or the "machined" rots version...

Last I saw, of the prototypes anyway, both had the uneven finish on the mouth grill teeth, n both had that orange peel dome...

Which landmarks would you say should be on both versions?...like the tiny reverse triangles in the eyesockets near the bridge of the nose? The dent on the screen right temple of the dome? Just curious

Last edited:
He.s referring to little uneven "landmarks" such as little excess bumps, boogers, flash, tiny holes that a cast would have straight out of the mold...the screen used helmet had those littl pits n nubs that you would nt expect from vaders helmet...thus idealized smoother surface, but not enough to look like the polished empire version or the "newly machined" rots version...

Yeah, I know all about casting- but it seems there are signature defects in the Vader helmet that I should think would be in both versions. I was under the impression that only the paint was different (hand applied) on the limited edition version.

Again, Gino, I'd like to know exactly what details are different between the two versions aside from paint. Thanks very much for any info!

Sean

Yeah, I know all about casting- but it seems there are signature defects in the Vader helmet that I should think would be in both versions. I was under the impression that only the paint was different (hand applied) on the limited edition version.

Again, Gino, I'd like to know exactly what details are different between the two versions aside from paint. Thanks very much for any info!

Sean

Did you read the explanation on the EFX site? It explained it pretty well I thought.

Limited is cleaned. No signature imperfections. It's idealized, and painted by airbrush I would imagine.

Legend left imperfections and the silver is hand painted by brush.

Legend represents the screen used prop as accurately as possible, whereas limited trys to make it look clean as the average viewer would interpret what they see in the movies.

Can't wait for this!

Question: wasn't the Vader helmet shiny in ep4 - as below?

The sample shots at the beginning of the thread look matt?

The helmet in the above screen shot isn't that shiny. It's just lighting and the particular angle Prowse is looking. The eFX helmet would look the same way when lit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back