eFX ANH DARTH VADER HELMET SAMPLE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you could've kept your order and then traded for the other version - the cleaner version (non weathered -- er slightly less weathered - sprayed-on silver paint...especially since they are all sold out...and you'd have ;everage with the LGD edition.

Or just wait and hope they make the ESB version

I did not have the legend edition. As far as i know u can still buy the regular edition on ebay and at other retailers im sure.

My Canceling my order had nothing to do with quality anyway just the fact that i have less to spend on collecting so i decided on getting something else. I have the 1:1 vader bust and my wife was pressuring to spend it on a different peace.

I'm getting the Limited and can't wait! But it'll be end of summer before these maybe start shipping. It'll be a busy summer for me, so the wait shouldn't be too bad.

Thanks for all the fantastic comments guys!!

Here's a few behind the scenes pics I thought you might be interested in seeing.
(excuse the poor quality pics, that's why they're *cough* behind the scenes) :wink1:

Here's what the container looks like outside of the main box.
It's HUGE!

efxvs1.jpg

"It should be quite well protected..."

efxvs2.jpg

Shot of the face mask without the dome.

efxvs3.jpg

Interior shot of the face mask showing the lining and strap system.

efxvs4.jpg

Shot of the inside of the dome.
You have no idea how difficult it was to get the factory to lay the fiberglass in this particular way (thin wall with tight corners, and specific matte pattern)!
Very happy with the end result.

efxvs5.jpg

Last edited:
Thx for these pics Gino!

Will the dome and mask be protected with something like an cloth bag like the MR ROTS Vader helmet or just be bouncing loose in the styrofoam ?

You're welcome!

Yes, of course they will be covered, it just wouldn't have made for a good photo.

Looks awesome! The packaging looks to be what we got with the McQuarrie Vader helm - i.e. gigantic

lol
that's just a weird reflection
love the blinking gif!

lol
that's just a weird reflection
love the blinking gif!

Just what I thought!

Thanks again for all the updates, this will the ultimate Star wars collectible ( or at least for me buying Star wars stuff for over 30 years).

An fellow Dutch collector made the gif to point out an flaw.

Absolutely stunning! Can't wait, ca't believe they've replicated even the fibreglass webbing to be similar

Thanks for the updates and photos!
Any idea when it may start shipping?

There will be an announcement when we have something more definitive.

Legend is weathered and screen accurate. Limited is "idealized."

As below:

Legend on left.

attachment.php

Thanks for that. I think the limited version will look better than the legend. Screen accurate weathering? Who can tell with all the different lighting and quality of source photos? Has it ever been said how much of a rush if any, Brian Muir and others were in to finish a helmet for filmiing?

BB

The Limited having an altered mold was reason enough for me to go with the Legend. I want my helmet to have as much pedigree to the original as possible. The screen-accurate paint job is the icing on the cake.

Can't wait. :yess:

Has it ever been said how much of a rush if any, Brian Muir and others were in to finish a helmet for filmiing?

BB

Brian sculpted the helmet for the first film.
He was not involved in any of the finishing work.

I believe that the weathering on the original helmet was intentional and not accidental.
All the original props/costumes from the OT had a certain amount of weathering/distressing purposely done to them to make them look credible on screen as well as add to the 'used universe' aesthetic.

So is the Limited a completely different mold, or the same mold of the ANH original but cleaned up? And if it is a different mold, what mold is it coming from? Just curious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back