eBay Make Best Offer Etiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, I wish I could use that because it would save a ton of money, but I just tried it out in my postage software and I would definitely lose the delivery confirmation. :gah:

Just a tip, but even though "Delivery Confirmation" may disappear from the settings, it continues to work for a number of countries like the Netherlands, Spain, Belgium, Brazil among others.

For some countries, you can't get any tracking at all with First Class and you have to use Priority, such as South Korea. Now THAT gets pricy.

Just a tip, but even though "Delivery Confirmation" may disappear from the settings, it continues to work for a number of countries like the Netherlands, Spain, Belgium, Brazil among others.

For some countries, you can't get any tracking at all with First Class and you have to use Priority, such as South Korea. Now THAT gets pricy.

If you can't track you can still insure the items so it won't matter if you can't track it. Much cheaper than having to use Priority.

For the first time ever, I've had to start a PayPal dispute to resolve an eBay issue - in this case I'm happy to have the 180 days PayPal affords for this kind of thing. Using only eBay I would currently be completely SOL. I knew I was safe with PayPal and the seller in question has delivered and responded over the past year without fault.

In August I bought a few things from a seller in China (mainland) and it's always at least 4 weeks to get anything from this seller. The order arrives and is missing some quantity of items plus additional components. Seller responds to my message right away and gives me a tracking number the next day for a new package that will contain everything that's missing. Now I test what did arrive and find some pieces don't work. Again, fast response, agrees to replace non-functional parts and just asks that I wait to receive and test the contents of the second package so that if anything is off in that one they can take of everything at once.

The other package arrives after 4 weeks and not all the missing parts have been shipped. Ugh. Contact them about it. A few days go by. Contact them again. A few more days. And one more time. Now I got to try and open an eBay case to push them to reply and oops, sorry, eBay buyer protection is no longer available, prompts me to send message. I'm allowed to request to send some items back, so I proceed with that form and try putting 0 for the return quantity but it requires a minimum of 1. On second thought, that's not a good way to proceed, so I cancel - no warnings about cancelling. Look for a better option and nothing available, so I try the same route again and... OOOPS, can't do it anymore. It says to contact the seller directly via message. Arrrgh.

So via PayPal I had to go.

Back