EBay Is Just So Damned Horrible ...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might ask for some pics to see what the damage looked like. And try to figure out what this guy did. Those legs aren't gonna come off in transit, and they weren't damaged when you shipped them, so I don't see how you are liable for anything.

I've had problems with defective True Type knees myself, so I can believe issues there, but both "ripping right off" simultaneously sounds like a bit much. Maybe he forgot that these are high end collectibles and not Hasbro figures, and was playing with it Pitu-style.

I might ask for some pics to see what the damage looked like. And try to figure out what this guy did. Those legs aren't gonna come off in transit, and they weren't damaged when you shipped them, so I don't see how you are liable for anything.

I've had problems with defective True Type knees myself, so I can believe issues there, but both "ripping right off" simultaneously sounds like a bit much. Maybe he forgot that these are high end collectibles and not Hasbro figures, and was playing with it Pitu-style.

I thought about the pics, but if you want to pull a sly one, it could be very well show a whole nother body, etc...

Then it would turn into a he said, she said match. So I figured the best thing he could do was file a claim with USPS for damages in transit since it was completely MINT and insured whenever it left my hands.

Such a sad situation, my poor Dutch body!!!!

Yeah, probably no reason to do that. He admitted that they "ripped off" in his possession so. . .I would say that you aren't liable for anything. You can't (or at least, shouldn't) be held responsible for the fragility or durability of something you sell if you didn't have any knowledge of it being particularly fragile before you sent it. Particularly since you have no idea what he was doing to rip it apart.

Yeah, probably no reason to do that. He admitted that they "ripped off" in his possession so. . .I would say that you aren't liable for anything. You can't (or at least, shouldn't) be held responsible for the fragility or durability of something you sell if you didn't have any knowledge of it being particularly fragile before you sent it. Particularly since you have no idea what he was doing to rip it apart.

Tell him SOL. He said HE broke it. Its his fault. Let him deal with it.

I hear yeah guys, I've never had anything like this happen with me selling items on eBay, so of course I'm a little frazzled, especially being that none of it was my fault.

Yeah bud. I don't think he ripped the knees at all. I think he bought your replacement bod and is trying to pawn off the one he broke and needed to replace, on you. It's one of the oldest scams for replacement bods. Hope the crooked ____ gets what's coming to him. I got yer back on how to proceed if the insurance part doesn't work out, bud. ;)

him: "Ok, I'll see what the USPS can do. The box seemed fine and doesn't look crushed though. It was pretty strange though. I just barely bent the knee and it tore at the bottom of the double joint."

me: "Yeah I don't know what to tell you besides filling the claim. That body was in pristine condition when I packaged it. If they give you any trouble about paperwork on the insured item, I have all the receipts and insurance paperwork that I can scan for you to give them to start the claim. Also I believe the box has the insurance ID number on it as well.

Dave"

I also posted this auction here on the forum as well, and it sold off for the BIN VERY quickly, so dude could be reading all this but all the better if it is truly broken because it definitely was MINT while in my possession.

Last edited:
Why the ____ can't I leave negative feedback to buyers anymore, yet they can still leave me negative comments? Such a stupid system and enough to make me stop using eBay.

What's stopping my from bidding on a ton of ____, no paying and leaving negs.

Not much, sadly. That was a sad day for eBay in my opinion, but strongly supported by people who only buy. I can't count the number of times I've seen folks who never sold on eBay complain about "sellers holding me hostage because they can leave negative feedback," etc., just because sellers want to wait until the buyer receives the item and is reasonable about things to leave feedback. Problem is, most folks selling aren't retail stores. We're mostly guys on eBay who also buy, and are just doing a little of this on the side.

From that perspective, neither seller nor buyer should have extra leverage or get special privileges that the other doesn't IMO. But, enough whining buyers forced eBay's hand.

And frankly, since eBay has the monopoly on internet auctions, they can pretty much do whatever they want and folks will keep coming back to them.

This is why I try not to use Ebay anymore. And even go great lengths to not sell on there. No matter what, every time I try to sell something someone tries the "it arrived broken" or "this is not what was in the description." Happened with the PF Hulk back in '08, and with the Ancient Predator I sold last year on Ebay.

The Predator was the most frustrating ____ I'd ever heard of. First it was not what I described despite all the pictures in the auction listing are what he got. Then it was another excuse of something being broken, then idiot kept telling me it was "custom modified and painted" when it was not. Every time he sent me a message it was some other excuse to get a refund.

~~~News to anyone selling on Ebay, transfer any paypal funds as soon as you can. This way Paypal can't hold your money hostage with the screwed up B.S. investigation process. A.K.A. Paypal just reads the auction listing, emails, and decides the seller is always at fault no matter what.

Great. Sold my original HT predator and the winner is a "0" feedback guy who just sent me this, and my response:

Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 8:13 PM
To:
Subject: Classic Predator payment.

Hi Scott:

I happily bought from you my long lost classic predator, how much time do i have to make the full payment? This is my first ebay purchase how does this work? how can i pay? i have a friend´s paypal account to put the money in, or is it better for you a wire transfer? how do you guarantee the delivery of the figure? thanks for this opportunity.

Regards
Raphael M.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 9:00 PM
Subject: RE: Classic Predator payment.

Please pay through paypal. I will ship to the address on the paypal account only, for your protection and for mine. Where are you located at? The address needs to be a confirmed shipping address.

Scott

This is why I try not to use Ebay anymore. And even go great lengths to not sell on there. No matter what, every time I try to sell something someone tries the "it arrived broken" or "this is not what was in the description." Happened with the PF Hulk back in '08, and with the Ancient Predator I sold last year on Ebay.

The Predator was the most frustrating ____ I'd ever heard of. First it was not what I described despite all the pictures in the auction listing are what he got. Then it was another excuse of something being broken, then idiot kept telling me it was "custom modified and painted" when it was not. Every time he sent me a message it was some other excuse to get a refund.

~~~News to anyone selling on Ebay, transfer any paypal funds as soon as you can. This way Paypal can't hold your money hostage with the screwed up B.S. investigation process. A.K.A. Paypal just reads the auction listing, emails, and decides the seller is always at fault no matter what.

What did happen with that one, anyway? I remember following it for awhile in that Predator thread but don't recall the outcome.

Back