EBay Is Just So Damned Horrible ...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He has just informed me that his uncle, who is a prince or a king in Nigeria, will send me a wire transfer in the amount of 5X the asking price if I send him his original payment, as it got held up in the custom's guys bunghole. I think I'm gonna do it. I'll make 4X the profit. ;)

What :confused:

He has just informed me that his uncle, who is a prince or a king in Nigeria, will send me a wire transfer in the amount of 5X the asking price if I send him his original payment, as it got held up in the custom's guys bunghole. I think I'm gonna do it. I'll make 4X the profit. ;)

Was that seriously his reply?!?! I know the "4X" thing is a joke, but PLEASE tell me he actually sent you that in an email?!?! :rotfl

Hilarious...

NO, I was just joking. This is his reply to my email that said I was no longer interested in selling to him:

Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 1:25 AM
To: Scott
Subject: RE: Classic Predator paypal payment.

Hi Scott.

I`m doing my best, at now i`m wating to my bank leave me make the deposit to my paypal account that suppost to pas in a half of a hour (i waiting three hours to make this), i`m really sorry for all the inconvinients, than this situation cause you, but thast happen to me to believe in friends, at now im undestand than some things do better alone.

You take your money in a few hours, i put a little more for all the inconvenients i couse you, but pleace, give me a chance, is my first purchase on ebay.

I beg you an apologize again, i`m very very shame for this.

Sincerely.

Rapahael M.

Part of me feels sorry for the guy, as it seems he's trying, but I just can't believe anything he says now. I'd think if you're going to spend $400 on something, you'd have this stuff already planned out.

One on hand, yeah, it sounds like he's trying. On the other hand, somebody who knows enough to snipe an auction should know enough to have his ____ in order to pay for the auction he's sniping.

You can block those people with less than 5 feedback, preventing them from bidding. I have the default pre-set on my auctions.

It's an option you can click when making the auction.
I'm surprised to hear that. EBay is so pro-buyer, that I figured they wouldn't allow you to block any potential bidders in a systematic fashion like that.

Aye caramba. I'm just ceasing any further communication with this dude. His problems are not my problems.

Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 11:04 AM
Subject: Classic Predator paypal payment call number.

Hi Scott.

Hope you´re fine, Do you have a number where I can call you? Please answer this mail ASAP so that I can call you and talk about this and find a solution cause I´m really desperated cause this bank issues are taking too dawm long. PLEASE!!!

my phone number is xx xx xxxxxxxx so that you recognize my number when I call you, I´m calling from Mexico.

Sincerely Raphael M.

Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 10:20 AM
Subject: Classic Predator paypal payment and help!

Hi Scott.

I hope you´re ok, I know you´re upset, but this is not a scam, if you check all of my mails at NO TIME I HAVE REQUESTED YOU TO SEND THE ITEM, this is my first purchase here at ebay and I didn´t knew that transfering the money to a paypal account was a big problem here in Mexico, as I told you on my last mail I spent al night trying to make the payment, it is supposed to pass on the next few hours, I had to withdraw the money from my friend´s bank account to try making the payment with my bank account, I even opened a paypal account on my own, right now THE MONEY IS NO LONGER ON MY BANK ACCOUNT, I´m just waiting for it to pass to MY paypal account and I´ll make the payment from there, please don´t give me a bad review, I DO HAVE THE MONEY, I just need it to go through my paypal account, I´m not wasting your time, if you recall we agreed on one of my past mails that you would get your money by thursday or today, PLEASE!!! I haven´t let you down yet, I haven´t broke my promise yet, you said to me on your last mail:

Select pay from paypal, it will ask you how, select paypal, and if you don’t have an account, it will ask you to set one up by providing credit card and/or bank info

and yes it can be done that way, but in order to do that my bank account has to be able to make electronic transactions by a system called "SPEI" and that´s the part that is benn giving me a headache and I had to work on the past few days and yesterday all night long, PAYPAL is not the problem our banks here are the problem, I AM GOING TO PAY YOU, and as you might remember I asked you if you accepted a wire transfer, it would´ve been easier and you would´ve gotten your money earlier, I´m a good seller at Mercadolibre here in Mexico and my score is one of the best, my nickname ghost772006 I was able so sell 1 of those Predators and that´s why I want it back!, I loved it but I had to sell the one I was supposed to keep for me, I´m sending over the link:

https://perfil.mercadolibre.com.mx/GHOST772006

I´ve sold some hot toys some anime figures, macross valkyries, I hope you can understand me, I´m a seller too and I´ve had similar situations here, but at the end they always pay and until then I send them the items, I even make personal deliveries, PLEASE!!! really want it.

Regards and my most sincere apologies for upsetting you I didn´t mean to.

Raphael M.

Mesa just cancel the transaction and you will get your fees back. If you send it and all he says is he sent me rocks your screwed either way with paypal or eBay.

Mesa just cancel the transaction and you will get your fees back. If you send it and all he says is he sent me rocks your screwed either way with paypal or eBay.

:exactly: 100% agreed here. Once they want to start exchanging information to "work out a deal", that's the time to back way the hell away from it.

Trust me scott, once you start having these types of issues with a buyer, if possible back out and find someone new to buy your item!

Think of it this way, he doesnt even have the item yet and he's causing you problems. imagine if/when he gets the item and is unhappy about something... now youre up ____ creek. plus he's in a different country...

Deals not happening, already decided that a couple of days ago.

I already started the non-paying bidder process, can I actually cancel the sale if this guy ever does get his stuff together and is actually able to make payment? It's going on 10+ days by now I think.

Deals not happening, already decided that a couple of days ago.

I already started the non-paying bidder process, can I actually cancel the sale if this guy ever does get his stuff together and is actually able to make payment? It's going on 10+ days by now I think.

:slap you should have canceled it, now if he pays you are back in the soap opera.

Yeesh. Royalty just isn't what it used to be if you have to nickel and dime on eBay to get a statue... lol.

Yeesh. Royalty just isn't what it used to be if you have to nickel and dime on eBay to get a statue... lol.

I just started the "Buyer has not paid for an item" case on Thursday. I didn't even know you could cancel a transaction just because, but now I do see that option. My concern was that if you cancel a transaction, you would still be charged the fees, which will be around $30, and I'm not okay with eating that.

and in conclusion (I didn't read past the first couple of sentences, seriously)...

Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 8:18 PM
Subject: RE: Classic Predator paypal payment.

Scott:
I´m very upset, about this situation, i never give up for the things i want and the things i think, but in this situation looks like be the first time in my life than i most have.
I give up!!!!, i do every think i could to make the paypal payment for the predator, i call to paypal y call with my bank and both say to me, the other is responsable for the timing on the transfer, paypal call center say´s that my transaction takes 4 working days, and with i did the transaction on friday, the money can be use on the paypal acount until thuesday (if my bank banorte don´t put eany objection) i tryed to change like you say me in the mail and change for my credit card but paypal ask me to verify my credit card an they send to me a charge for tow dollars and put a verify number on my account list, this number is to put on the verification square but when i ask to my bank the account list or a number they say they no have any confirmation number or some thing like that, the only thing i know is like you say this is a waste of time for both, at now the money is on the air until paypal put on my acount or my bank release the money (according to the paypal guy how attended me on the phone), on the other hand, in the time i recived the money on my paypal acount i send to you a 30 dollars on compensation for the inconvinients, i´m very sad for all this and for every time i was tryed to recover the predator some thinks happend and the figure goes away (again).
With the feedback, i´m never have a bad one, but in this case i suposed this will be the one and only, the time is running out for the pay and the only thing i can say is, i´m very sorry for all this i never thing that would hapen, i learn an important lesson about paypal and the banks here in my country both sucks.

I beg your pardon, for all the problems i cause you.
but i want the predator

Sincerely.

Christian Raphael M.

O, and to my conclusion, the dude on eBay told me he got his friend to give him knees to the Dutch muscle body and he's all squared and gave me a positive feedback.

Back