EBay Is Just So Damned Horrible ...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just going over a few of the newer rules/policies that Ebay has put in place.

Damn! It seems to me like they must have a room full of chimpanzees brainstorming for new policy ideas for them.

I am glad that I am a buyer, now, and no longer a seller on ebay. And I hope that I never find myself having to sell on that website again.

Chimps are too smart to work at Ebay. I think it may just be bags of talking crap.

Ebay blows, but really there is nothing else to use if you want to sell items online. Selling on Craigslist locally for me is nearly a waste of time because everyone tries to get everything for "I got $100 in HAND!", regardless if the item is a brand new lamborghini or a $500 cellphone. So really with craigslist I dont even bother. I have yet to sell any items on forums, ever...period. So sadly I have to keep resorting to ebay to unload any items, especially if they are collectibles that only a small group of people collect.

I wish someone would come along and really stick it to ebay, sadly that day has not come and really I don't see it happening anytime soon, so they can and will do as they please. Ebay did such a good job advertising there company years ago and now its just a household name, like Google.

I've been hoping for that for years, there is currently zero competition for them so they can charge us these insane fees. I guess when another auction site starts to gain sucess, evilbay steps in and buys them off.

I've been hoping for that for years, there is currently zero competition for them so they can charge us these insane fees. I guess when another auction site starts to gain sucess, evilbay steps in and buys them off.

google thought about it & balked out

why is that? how come no one has come even close?

the two big ones are Ebay and Amazon, I usually buy from both depending on who is the cheapest,

for movies, Cds, games and comics I always use AMAZON, Always, they have not only the cheapest prices but the cheapest shipping, a movie will usually be 4 bucks or something,
ebay will charge 9 for shipping a movie :slap
I sell on amazon too.

but I Wonder, Why no other auction site is as big, Or trustworthy, as Ebay? I tried looking for other sites, and I found good prices but they did not look trustworthy, I never bought from the other sites I found because I was not sure.

and now that I read that google didnt do it.
makes me wonder, is it too hard? maybe Ebay is king because it is hard to keep?

I've had 1 buyer claim the item was never delivered and another that the item was broken. Contacted eBay after and they pass the buck to the delivery/postal companies....

So annoying when you send something without insurance :(

I test, take photos, wrap up in tonnes of tissue, bubblewrap and card board box all items. I wish I could only accept buyers with +100 buyer scores..

I've had 1 buyer claim the item was never delivered and another that the item was broken. Contacted eBay after and they pass the buck to the delivery/postal companies....

So annoying when you send something without insurance :(

I test, take photos, wrap up in tonnes of tissue, bubblewrap and card board box all items. I wish I could only accept buyers with +100 buyer scores..

Never send something uninsured. That's wholly your risk alone if you do.

My new problem with ebay/paypal is that I'm supposedly approaching my $10,000 sending limit.

Obviously this means I'm not "verified" and that I've been paying with a credit card. I've looked into it. I guess I have to give them my bank account or buy their little paypal master card. That ain't happening. I prefer just using my credit card.

I always wondered why I was considered "non-verified" after transactions, now I know.

So I have $196 USD left on my paypal account. I guess after I send that, I'm done with paypal for good.

"I apologize but my ten yr old accessed my account and bid on ur item without my knowledge.please repost and I am sorry"

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

:rotfl

Yep. I've gotten the exact same excuse on more than one occasion. I don't even mind the "hassle" of relisting - just come up with a better lie. I'm tired of hearing about kids "accidentally" buying things or how people need a few extra days to pay because they're "out of town" caring for a sick aunt and/or grandmother (why they need to be "in town" to pay with PayPal, I'll never know).

If you're gonna lie - and they will - at least tell me a whopper. Entertain me. Tell me about the giant whale who swallowed you whole. Conjure a tale of spectral locomotives rocketing past your farm and affecting your WiFi. Put a little effort into it!

Can't you write in your description that you are not responsible for lost/stolen/damaged items? Doesn't this cover you along with NO REFUNDS?

Probably not. EBay doesn't let the sellers say much of anything along that line anymore. They have forced me to change auction listings for trying to say something similar.

I've also heard that tale about the little kid paying, and agree 100% with you guys. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do. I guess you could leave a non-paying bidder mark. Seems like eBay was finally not allowing folks to leave feedback who never paid, but I might be mistaken. In any case, I prefer that to what some giant dildo did to me several months ago. Paid, decided he didn't want it after paying apparently, and just filed an "unauthorized buyer" chargeback through the credit card company, even though the guy's name was in his ebay account name, Paypal e-mail, and physical address. Never signed for it, so after a couple months it got shipped back to me from the PO, and I had to eat the shipping fees to that ******, and almost had to pay a $40 fee or something to Paypal for having to deal with the chargeback on my behalf. Complete scumbag.

all of these horror stories make me not want to sell on eBay at all. I'm fairly new to eBay selling. I've had some pretty smooth sales and only one a-hole buy an item and never pay. Had to file a non-paying claim and then after an unsuccessful second chance offer to the losing bidder, I sold the item for $50 less.

I guess I'll just have to buy insurance for anything over a certain dollar amount.

I just got the most lame excuse ever for not wanting to pay for an item that was only $15.

he sent me an email just now:

"I apologize but my ten yr old accessed my account and bid on ur item without my knowledge.please repost and I am sorry"

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I've gotten that, as well as "this is gonna sound crazy, but I found my cat sleeping on the keyboard this morning and...". I suggest filing a non-paying bidder alert and waiting to see if he honors it, then once finished, add ****** to your blocked bidder list.

Back