Eagles VS Fell Beast diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Choopie, you still have display room for something big?

I dunno. Nowadays, I prefer lots of smaller intricate things to a few bulky ones, myself...

Choopie, you still have display room for something big?

I dunno. Nowadays, I prefer lots of smaller intricate things to a few bulky ones, myself...

Of course not, but that's never stopped me before from buying something I don't have room for. :D I'm sure I'll do some re-arranging and find room if I do end up buying this piece.

Sorry if I missed the info if it has been mentioned ... but does anyone know the dimensions of this piece? I am wondering just how much rearranging I am going to need to do for this.

Oh, I hope it's not too big- both for my wallet and for what little room I have left, because this is a Must Buy for me, too.

Been dreaming of this statue for a long time...
cloud9.gif

Well its to much money, now if the piece have a good size i might buy it, only if it have a good size (not edition) ill not waist 300 for 10 cms piece :rolleyes:.

I am still kind of thinking that it will be like the slug dio maybe but then again I would't be the least bit surprised if it was enourmous.

Somehow I don't think this will go above $200.

Of course, I'll gladly eat crow, or rather a fell beast.

It'll depend on the size. If it is in the 16" wide category as some have stated, I can't see it going for under $299.

It'll depend on the size. If it is in the 16" wide category as some have stated, I can't see it going for under $299.

Considering how big the second dio is and what the SS folks were saying how big the third one will be I really don't see it being cheaper than dio #2. Eagle vs. Fellbeast dio is going to be huge and pretty detailed so I wouldn't be suprised if it inched above the $300 mark.

WARNING: Long-winded devil's advocate post ahead... :monkey5

But shouldn't the size of the piece be irrelevant towards the price, for the most part? Shouldn't the intricacy of the piece dictate the price? Again, for the most part.

The reason I ask is because the argument for other items, for example the 12" Hobbit figures, is that even though they are smaller than regular 12" figures, the development costs were the same. Hence the same price point.

So wouldn't the reverse be true? Wouldn't the development costs for a polystone statue remain the same regardless of the actual size of the piece? (again, for the most part.)

Unless the price of polystone has skyrocketed, should there be such a large price difference between a statue that measures 16" x 10" (for example) as opposed to one that measures 24" x 18"? ***ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL***

Let's take the cool "Crack of Doom" piece as an example. It's measurements are: 6" H x 6.75" W x 4.25" L and weighs 3 pounds and costs $80.00. If it were to be doubled in size to 12" H x 13.50" W x 8.50" L and have it weigh 6 pounds, would the price doubling be justifiable? Is the price of polystone enough to warrant the doubling of the price? Development should not be that much of a difference, considering the piece is pretty much exactly same, just slightly larger.

Unless the price of polystone has risen astronomically, shouldn't the same arguments for the price of the 12" hobbits apply to these poly pieces as well, but in reverse?

I've heard, "...The hobbits cost the same as a regular 12" figure due to the development costs and not the amount of plastic used on the bodies..." So the key argument is that it's not the size or amount of material utilized but the development costs, getting the outfits done right at a smaller scale, etc...

So basically what I'm finding here is that in regards to polystone statues, the size of the statue does affect the price even if it doesn't effect the cost in manufacturing by as much.

If you've gotten this far, I thank you for your patience... :lol

WARNING: Long-winded devil's advocate post ahead... :monkey5

But shouldn't the size of the piece be irrelevant towards the price, for the most part? Shouldn't the intricacy of the piece dictate the price? Again, for the most part.

Bigger does seem to equal more money though. In regards to the dio line (from what I saw) the eagle vs. fellbeast is a pretty intricate piece (size aside) so that's why I'm guessing it will be priced around dio #2 (Helms Deep) or even slightly higher given the more intricate the piece looked. Of course shipping on the bigger items are much more as well.

As for the 12-inch line I don't see an issue with the hobbits costing as much as the regular sized figures. Sam alone is so very intricate with his costuming and accessories so it doesn't surprise me that all the figures are coming in around the same price point (for the most part).

I do, of course, see what you're saying in your argument though. :D

Back