Eagles VS Fell Beast diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would expect somewhat high,

I don't think so :( I think this will be the next dio we'll see in this line..

We can clearly see that this isn't SS best selling line so they won't bother to realease a regular stream of products...The past proves that point

We can clearly see that this isn't SS best selling line so they won't bother to realease a regular stream of products...

the first selections SS did with this line was horrible

I have no interest in frodo vs gollum or in tea servant aragorn

eagless vs fell beast however, has a potential to sell good for I am looking forward to it. Anyhing with dark side in it (not gollum) will sell good

bring us diaromas of balrog, sauron, cave troll...etc

I have no interest in frodo vs gollum or in tea servant aragorn

eagless vs fell beast however, has a potential to sell good for I am looking forward to it. Anyhing with dark side in it (not gollum) will sell good

bring us diaromas of balrog, sauron, cave troll...etc

Well spoken. Good products sell...:emperor

Both dios are sold out at Sideshow though while all the PF and 12 inch figures are all in stock. This line has to be a bit more popular.:confused:

I don't think so :( I think this will be the next dio we'll see in this line..

We can clearly see that this isn't SS best selling line so they won't bother to realease a regular stream of products...The past proves that point

Well, we will have to disagree then. I kind of expect an announcement before the end of the year in this line and at the very least one of the LOTR lines.

The Dio line has the potential to be one of SS best LOTR lines ever IMO. They capture so much in them that the rest of the LOTR lines can't.

They're horrible? I don't think that's an even close to correct statement. The Frodo vs Gollum Dio is pretty damn nice and the detail is awesome especially for a Hobbit and Hobbit like creature in 1:9th scale. The likeness on Frodo is the absolute best we've seen and Gollum is as well done. The Aragorn Dio is ****ing amazing! Aragorns likeness in person is pretty good one of the better for Viggo. Again, the detail is just stunningly well done. The Uruks are pretty darn nice additions to the piece. Its also just plain amazing to look at.

So in other words there is nothing horrible about the first two choices or how they came out. At least IMO. :)

Both dios are sold out at Sideshow though while all the PF and 12 inch figures are all in stock. This line has to be a bit more popular.:confused:

I agree that this is the most popular line of the LOTR ones because its all Poly.

yeah Josh I agree with you about the dio line, but I'm not sure that SS does...

It seems to me like they think that their 12" line is their best line:confused:

IMO the diorama line is amazing! the details are fantastic! or I don't really know about the helms deep cause it haven't arrived yet:eek: but it is far superior the 12" and PF line!!

So I really hope you are right about that announcement before the year is ended, but then why did they announce the eagles vs. fellbeast diorama:confused:

"look at this; this isn't our next diorama, it's the one after that. but it's pretty cool! uh?"

nope, I'm afraid we won't see anything of the diorama line until 2008 :(

Actually, I think SS does really like the Dio line at least thats the impression I got @ SDCC.

I think they showed the Eagle Dio because of how cool it looks. It could have been the next but it looks so fragile they have had to push it back and move something up. I don't know but I do think we'll see something before 08.

I definitely hope we get another announcement before 08. I want to see a Sauron/Isildur diorama, that would be awesome :monkey5:monkey5

Eli26 wants one of Frodo and Sam 69ing each other on Weathertop!

sam_and_frodo.jpg

They're horrible? I don't think that's an even close to correct statement. The Frodo vs Gollum Dio is pretty damn nice and the detail is awesome especially for a Hobbit and Hobbit like creature in 1:9th scale. The likeness on Frodo is the absolute best we've seen and Gollum is as well done. The Aragorn Dio is ****ing amazing! Aragorns likeness in person is pretty good one of the better for Viggo. Again, the detail is just stunningly well done. The Uruks are pretty darn nice additions to the piece. Its also just plain amazing to look at.

So in other words there is nothing horrible about the first two choices or how they came out. At least IMO. :)

what I said actually was not regarding how the characters were represented or how they were sculpted.

the character selection was wrong imho. They should have started with some big-bad characters or with eagles at least

They started off with three very important characters Frodo, Gollum, and Aragorn. Starting off with something like the Eagle vs Fell Beast would make no sense.

Gandalf vs the Balrog would have rocked and thats one I REALLY want. Though starting with Frodo who is the most important character of LOTR makes sense.

Without a doubt, the diorama/enviro-ama/polystone line is the biggest potential money maker for Sideshow. R&D is the easiest and least expensive of all of the LOTR lines. There's no worrying over multi-media materials (clothing, plastics, lighting features, etc.) It's just a sculptor and a factory reproducing the sculpt. The least investment for the most return. Average retail pricing can be higher as well, due to the assumed "artistry" involving statues. I can see the PF and 12" lines ending way before the polystone statues (dioramas and busts) lines do.

As for the Eagle vs Fell Beast piece, it's attractive because it's not Frodo or Aragorn. It's refreshingly original.

Anything LOTR, I will get. So keep them coming SS. BUT, after seeing some of the initial pics, I'm concerned about breakage of this item upon dleivery; maybe it's just me being paranoid. 'll be sure to order directly through SSC due to this concern. Anyway, this brings up a question. When there are "narrow" pieces of polystone on a figure such as this (i.e. wings), is it reinforced with a "skeleton" structure such as wires to prevent complete breaks. just curious.

Edit: "anything LOTR I will get"... except a $400 Balrog LS bust with an ES of 1000.

I agree its refreshing to see but you don't start a line off with Eagle vs Fell Beast. IMO you start it off with something as they did in one of the first two pieces or say a GTG vs Balrog that way folks get a main character. The Eagle vs Fell Beast is amazing looking but I don't know if thats what you start with as I said.

As for the Eagle vs Fell Beast piece, it's attractive because it's not Frodo or Aragorn. It's refreshingly original.

:rock :rock :rock

I agree with you 110% Alex. As far as starting the line off...I GUARANTEE if SS started the line with something like Isildur VS Sauron, Smeagol VS Deagol, or even the Fell Beast VS Eagle it would of generated alot of buzz. Look how much buzz the FB VS Eagle got from SDCC with not even showing pictures or putting up pre-orders for it....Why? Because its something new and different....

I don't see too many people posting in the Aragorn VS Uruk-Hai thread, yea, a few people got it, and it may be sold out. But, I think if I got on the wait list it would convert pretty quickly. It wasn't that big of a hit in my opinion...

If they stopped all of these lines: 12", P.F., dios, LS busts, etc. and announced they were returning to doing pieces with Weta and got the poly line going again, it would be bigger hit then all of those other lines combined.

SS Fell Beast VS Eagle is cool. But a Weta Eagle to go along with the Weta Fell Beast....thats what I'm talking about.

:cool:

Back