E3 new xbox360 dashboard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, but, this is way better than the mii's. At least they will be better representations of ourselves.

I agree, these are better than the playschool people the Mii's look like. They also have a lot more functionality with being able to form party's with your friend's avatars and watch movies, play games, share pics, etc.

I noticed they added a lot more "family friendly" features too. Someday game consoles will take the place of family board games.

https://uk.gamespot.com/features/6194093/index.html?tag=top_stories;title;1

One of the not-so-cosmetic changes in the fall update will be the ability to let you play your games directly from the hard disk. The new feature will let users install all of the game content directly onto the hard drive to improve game load times. Microsoft reports that it has seen a 30 percent improvement in load times in internal testing. As an interesting data point, Microsoft went out of its way to tell a group of reporters that the full Devil May Cry 4 hard disk installation took roughly 10 minutes on the Xbox 360. The installation took twice as long when we conducted our own installation tests on the PlayStation 3. Another side benefit of having games installed on the hard disk is reduced noise, since the optical disc no longer needs to spin up. However, you will still need to have the game disc in your optical drive while you're playing it, presumably as a piracy check.

I don't want to have to wait 10 minutes for a game to download every time I want to play. What about when we're playing one game and get an invite to Gears? Are you guys going to want to wait 10 or more minutes?

I don't want to have to wait 10 minutes for a game to download every time I want to play. What about when we're playing one game and get an invite to Gears? Are you guys going to want to wait 10 or more minutes?

10 mins is just to put the game initially on your hard drive.......****** :lol

after that it'll be like starting a demo

Yes, you will have to update to the new dashboard and create and avatar. I'm sure you could leave it as plain as possible, but you will still have to..

What a crock of ^^^^. I don't like and don't want it, but too bad? That blows. Not to mention I have the standard hard drive. I'm not going to go BUY a new hard drive. Whatever fits does and whatever doesn't doesn't. I'm not going to be forced into spending money. This is the first time I have been seriously PO'ed at and let down by the 360.....well not so much the system as what M$ is pulling here.

What a crock of ^^^^. I don't like and don't want it, but too bad? That blows. Not to mention I have the standard hard drive. I'm not going to go BUY a new hard drive. Whatever fits does and whatever doesn't doesn't. I'm not going to be forced into spending money. This is the first time I have been seriously PO'ed at and let down by the 360.....well not so much the system as what M$ is pulling here.

Who said you need to buy a new harddrive?

Plus the current blade system is very different from the launch blade system. For some of us this will be the 3rd change.

What are you so mad about? I don't understand.

Who said you need to buy a new harddrive?

Plus the current blade system is very different from the launch blade system. For some of us this will be the 3rd change.

What are you so mad about? I don't understand.

I like the dashboard the way it is. I don't want to HAVE to "upgrade" if I am happy with what I have now.

So instead of our gamerpic we will have an avatar in it's place.

You can use this one; I'm going to have my guy look like him

Kidfrodeliverance1_small.jpg

Last edited:
some more details surface

Avatars have a lot of developers excited. There's discussion of Achievements unlocking outfits for the avatars to wear and of game completion unlocking other outfits. Developers are looking to use the Avatars in a similar fashion to achievements, to provide more reasons for a player to complete their game.

Live Party is functionally similar to an 8 way private chat. You and 7 other Xbox Live members can get together, join games, watch movies, and a variety of other activities. Revealed in the podcast is the news that members of one live party do not have to share activities. So, four people could be working the ranks in Halo 3, 2 members doing a run through on Gears of War 2, and 2 other members in entirely different games and all 8 would still be able to chat with each other.

Thats interesting about the 8 way chat and I can see it coming in handy for games like Madden where you can have 4 people playing different teams but still being able to b.s. with each other.

Thats interesting about the 8 way chat and I can see it coming in handy for games like Madden where you can have 4 people playing different teams but still being able to b.s. with each other.

it'll be interesting for achievement in games to unlock clothes for your avatar

As long as they have Gears hats and shirts for the avatar then I think most of us will be happy.:lol

Back