1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone looking to buy one of these? I have one that I opened and inspected and put right back into the box. Never been displayed and with 90% of my collection being Marvel, I just don't have a place for this guy.

I'm not trying to be a **** but I don't understand why people say I opened to inspect it.

Not once in my life have I ever opened anything to just inspect it.

I mean why bother opening it at all if you don't plan on displaying the figure at all.

but you just want to look at it..

Like I said I'm not saying that just to you buddy. It just like triggered something in me to say this to everybody.

I'm not trying to be a **** but I don't understand why people say I opened to inspect it.

I mean why bother opening it at all if you don't plan on displaying the figure at all.

Like I said I'm not saying that just to you buddy. It just like triggered something in me to say this to everybody.
Overall, you're probably right, Ecko, and nowadays if I was buying something to sell down the road, I definitely would not open to inspect. As a newb, though, I would've, looking to make sure there was nothing wrong (say, like SSC's Darth Vader -- although a wonderful figure, it is plagued by QC issues) or to remove the batteries, so they don't leak and it's not an issue down the road for the buyer. But given how fickle this hobby is, definitely now I wouldn't and would just let the buyer take their chances with whatever's in the sealed box.

I've done it, but only because I've got broken figure before.

Looks like the most sane thing to do when you buy something, especillay if you plan on selling it.
Check that everything is ok and ship.
What if you buy from someone and when you open its missing stuff or broken and that the seals are intacts.
Im sure you would definitly take the seller responsable no? Even if he is not.
At least when you inspect, you can contact the original seller in case you have a problem.
Better safe than sorry.

The odds of "something" being wrong, missing or broken is not extremely low with these figures, I have had to buy several on the secondary market and I don't buy any if they are MISB anymore, just because there have been surprise issues when I get them that came right from the factory.

Since I open em! I only purchase form sellers that have had them out / displayed or can "YES, it is problem free." I feel really bad for any collector that doesn't open them and then some day down the road they do open them and there is something wrong.

Most of the people selling figures are when the figure is long sold out . I highly doubt Sideshow would take any returns or give replacement parts at that point. (No stock)

Don't get me wrong , I would be totally pissed if i got a figure that was broken or missing stuff . But if the box is sealed and never opened , thta is not the sellers fault. It's Hot Toys fault.

If this was the case on everything ever sold , no one would buy anything because it's not MIB , it has in fact been previously opened (whether displayed or "inspected") , it's a 50/50 chance that the seller is lying and has had the figure displayed then decided to sell it and call it "Brand New , only opened to inspect".

so what do you believe?

I say leave it sealed if it's sealed , makes for an honest sale.

Most of the people selling figures are when the figure is long sold out . I highly doubt Sideshow would take any returns or give replacement parts at that point. (No stock)

Don't get me wrong , I would be totally pissed if i got a figure that was broken or missing stuff . But if the box is sealed and never opened , thta is not the sellers fault. It's Hot Toys fault.

If this was the case on everything ever sold , no one would buy anything because it's not MIB , it has in fact been previously opened (whether displayed or "inspected") , it's a 50/50 chance that the seller is lying and has had the figure displayed then decided to sell it and call it "Brand New , only opened to inspect".

so what do you believe?

I say leave it sealed if it's sealed , makes for an honest sale

This ^^ :goodpost:

But if the box is sealed and never opened , thta is not the sellers fault. It's Hot Toys fault.

That is true... If you live in a perfect world.
Im ready to bet that if you keep it sealed and resell, if it arrives with missing or broken parts 70% of the BUYERS Will not give a flying **** about the fact that its sealed and Will be pissed against you not HT.

Now i dont see the point of laying about stuff you re selling.
If you opened to inspect it then its back in the box you have the right to say so.
If it has been displayed same thing.
As long as people are honest and the buyer knows what he s buying.
Saying that 50% percent of the people selling inspected stuff are liers is quite an assumption.
Im a half full kind of Guy so... :)

Because Sideshow has a 30 day return policy on anything damaged, they tell you in your order to check and make sure nothing is wrong with it. Would suck *** if I bought one, and it was broken and then I sold it and the buyer tried to blame me for it, because that never happens in the world of eBay or online sales.

The Rage- it's true, cause I bought a Batpod, but didn't open to inspect. I finally opened it 2 months later after clearing up some room and found one of the cannons was broken. But it was too late for me to exchange, so I had to resort to super glue, and it left an annoying stain. Arghhh!

Trust Me

5uda9uja.jpg

menyguru.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I got my DX10 the other day and tracked down a New Bright Harley Fatboy from ebay and got it today. Need to mod the bike a little with some saddlebags (on the way), some paint work on the handlebars, kick stand etc and the pinstripe needs to be red instead of grey. Got a black tee on the way as well and need to do the paperclip mod. Here are some preliminary pics because I just couldn't help myself :yess: Not recreating scenes, just posing him in the Cyberdyne carpark

T-800 and Harley Fatboy 2.jpg

T-800 and Harley Fatboy.jpg

T-800's in cabinet.jpg

The bike does the job and with a little work will look a lot better. I added some saddle bags to mine and plan on painting it someday. Also, Nice pics blackops74.

@a-dev Totally agree about the T1 bike and would love to have one, especially with the new Arnie on the way :panic: Since I don't have a T-1000 I don't care too much about a police bike though :monkey3

Moved some stuff in my display cases around, and actually put Arnie on the bike for the first time since I've had him.
*note some bike parts are missing cuz I'm painting them...

null_zpsf1a1099c.jpg

Back