DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is still oil free and I did a YouTube video review of him if anyone is interested to watch. I made this mainly for the main Batman thread but I figured with all the talk here about this figure and the possibility of issues, it would be fitting to post here as well.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24ch62N9cDk&context=C4ef0bdaADvjVQa1PpcFNBOXugWXsmuypVnMInnIwl359GqkX-t_8[/ame]=

Mine just arrived today. I'll let you guys know if I've struck oil.

I just did a quick inspection and mine is completely oil free :yess:
I removed the black tissue paper that separates the belt from the torso - just in case it was the possible source of oil. But I doubt it.

On inspection - my opinion is that the oil is coming from the belt and not from inside the body or underneath the rubber suit. My hunch is that a little oil was used at the factory to make fastening the belt a little easier. I know that on my older Medicom Kamen rider figures with that type of attachment - it can be pretty tough to get the pegs into the holes; and you can easily deform the pegs trying to force it in. I think oil was used to make it easier - and depending on the assembler - too much was applied.

I took some tissue and dabbed the back side of the belt and there does seem (at least on mine) to be just a tiny amount of oil. So my theory could be right.

Anyhow - I think gently wiping off the oil with a cloth should solve it. Maybe wipe off the back of the belt too.

My two cents.

My hunch is that a little oil was used at the factory to make fastening the belt a little easier.

That's the most logical reasoning I've heard yet. Makes perfect sense. And some Bats just got sprayed a wee bit too much.

Doesn't explain past Batman issues... just saying, for those who want to come down like Thor's hammer.... but it seems plausible here with so few cases now coming up.

Great video joe. :cool:

Sensible, personal, and honest. I enjoyed it. :duff

Thanks Maglor. :) I hope this helps those who are worried about the issues but do in fact want one. I wanted to show everyone how awesome this figure is when it doesn't have those problems.

That's the most logical reasoning I've heard yet. Makes perfect sense. And some Bats just got sprayed a wee bit too much.

Doesn't explain past Batman issues... just saying, for those who want to come down like Thor's hammer.... but it seems plausible here with so few cases now coming up.

I took the belt and soaked it in some dish washing liquid to get all the oil out. Then I let it air dry completely and tried re-attaching the buckle. SO much more difficult to do without the oil. I could do it - but it took a bit of effort. So I'm sure in the factory - where I would need to put together 10 of these in like 5 minutes; I can't afford to spend 5 minutes fidgeting on each belt (and possibly breaking it in the process) - I would resort to using some oil.

If you find an excessive amount of oil on your Bats - I'd definitely clean it up right away as I'm not sure how corrosive the oil is over time.

But I think this issue is really a non-issue in my opinion.

My hunch is that a little oil was used at the factory to make fastening the belt a little easier.

I took the belt and soaked it in some dish washing liquid to get all the oil out. Then I let it air dry completely and tried re-attaching the buckle. SO much more difficult to do without the oil. I could do it - but it took a bit of effort. So I'm sure in the factory - where I would need to put together 10 of these in like 5 minutes; I can't afford to spend 5 minutes fidgeting on each belt (and possibly breaking it in the process) - I would resort to using some oil.

If you find an excessive amount of oil on your Bats - I'd definitely clean it up right away as I'm not sure how corrosive the oil is over time.

But I think this issue is really a non-issue in my opinion.

If you're right, it totally explains why the oil came back in Rory's case.

If he had excessive oil one the belt for the reasons you said it would show up on the rubber a few times before enough had been wiped away.

No oil on mine, and it's been here for several weeks now. To me it doesn't seem like a big deal, as I'm an avid action figure collector and often figures have some sort of oil on them when taken out of the package. I can see why people would panic on such a high price point item, but I haven't had any trouble with either my DX2 or this figure.

No oil on mine and I even took off that silly black paper that is under his belt my DX02 is still dry as well... My Comedian leaks bad...

Mine is still oil free and I did a YouTube video review of him if anyone is interested to watch. I made this mainly for the main Batman thread but I figured with all the talk here about this figure and the possibility of issues, it would be fitting to post here as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24c...ADvjVQa1PpcFNBOXugWXsmuypVnMInnIwl359GqkX-t_8=
That was great Joe - nice work. :clap

I agree with Maglor - just a genuine, to the point, & helpful review.

I enjoyed it too. :hi5:

nice video ! glad you made out ok from your accident . got any pics of the scars .... jk

:lol Actually I could arrange that. To this day, you can still see my scar line towards the front of my hair line running down to my ear on the right side of my head.

I just checked my belt -- which has been on the figure since I received him two weeks ago -- and there is no ooze or residue of any kind on the belt OR the rubber body. I also left the tape on over the magnet as it never felt tacky of anything to me so I figured I'd experiment.

I've had varied temperature in the house the last two weeks as Los Angeles has had very cold, cold nights and very hot days so the fluctuation has been extreme.

I'm going to leave the tape on and put the belt back on. I will check again in a week or two and see if there's any change.

Back