DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My previous post wasn't just referring to Maglor guys. So don't narrow it to just him. I don't remember the names off the top of my head, but Void's got a decent list of them. There's a group here who clearly think HT is infallible and have trolled this thread to get it locked. Maglor, though annoying, has not done that. At least not yet. :lol

..a separate thread to shake pom poms in..
:lol

Yeah, regardless of how much info is actually being added here on a daily basis, I guess having it is nonetheless a helpful resource for all those who own this figure. As mentioned - who knows what's really in store down the road with the rubber suit. :monkey1

I think the more accurate thing to say at this point is that he quit this thread. However he has not stopped logging into this site.

Nah, I wouldn't lock it. I'd trim the fat off the thread though with some of these off-topic posts. Maybe even combine it with the DX 02 thread.

The only discussion going on should be about the oil residue not gossip about other members. This thing has turned into Rory's thread, not a "DX 09, residue in abdominal area, does yours show signs of it" thread.

Nah, I wouldn't lock it. I'd trim the fat off the thread though with some of these off-topic posts. Maybe even combine it with the DX 02 thread.

The only discussion going on should be about the oil residue not gossip about other members. This thing has turned into Rory's thread, not a "DX 09, residue in abdominal area, does yours show signs of it" thread.

Thems fightin words.

I agree with you. If it got back on topic. I have a DX09 and check mine every few days. So I check this thread out to see if there is any news on the leaking issue. Contrary to what ONE particular member thinks, I read this thread updates and find page after page that has nothing to do with the topic. Thats why I offered my opinion on closing it.

Thread is NOT going to get locked.

I've cleaned up some of the rubbish.

From now on ONLY POST IF:

1. You have oil/possible oil problems with your figure
2. You wish to enquire about other people's oil/possible oil problems

Any posts suggesting that those with oil are imagining things or are chicken little or any other derogatory comment as such, will be met with infractions. Drawing the line here.

I've cleaned up some of the rubber.

Any posts suggesting that those with oil are imagining things or are chicken little or any other derogatory comment as such, will be met with infractions. Drawing the line here.

Well, 1 and 2 could turn out to be contradictory with your last comment about chicken littling and derogatory comments. Suppose there is someone looking to inquire another collectors oil/possible oil problems. This thread has shown that many oil theorists would take that as rude, chicken littling the situation or even trolling.

Then what about those that aren't experiencing the problem? Should they not be allowed to participate in a thread that asks "is your figure showing signs of residue in the abdominal region". When Rory saw the lists of those with issues vs. those without he too felt that those without shouldn't be included in this thread/discussion. Seems unfair and biased no?

I think we'll all be finding ourselves in quite the predicament in the end. This current discussion alone seems to evoke a feeling that there's nothing wrong with the integrity of the rubber suit, just the integrity of some of SSF's members (both sides).

Well, 1 and 2 could turn out to be contradictory with your last comment about chicken littling and derogatory comments. Suppose there is someone looking to inquire another collectors oil/possible oil problems. This thread has shown that many oil theorists would take that as rude, chicken littling the situation or even trolling.

People are free to inquire about other's oil problems if that helps them figure out their own situation. As long as they don't try and be smart asses and make comments like 'my figure is oil free, I think y'all are freaking out for no reason'. If you feel that way, keep it to yourself.

Then what about those that aren't experiencing the problem? Should they not be allowed to participate in a thread that asks "is your figure showing signs of residue in the abdominal region". When Rory saw the lists of those with issues vs. those without he too felt that those without shouldn't be included in this thread/discussion. Seems unfair and biased no?

If you don't have the problem, the only reasons you should be posting in here would be
1. You'd like to find out if anything can be done to help prevent your figure developing the problem
2. You have suggestions for those with the problems.

Outside of that, it's just causing too many off topic posts and inviting argument

Okay, stick to your guns then if things must be that specific, void. If that is the way it must be then you're going to find that this thread will cease to be active. It might as well be locked then. It has been weeks since anyone has reported a case, facebook and other sites have been silent on the issue completely (this is only on SSF) and some of those few that reported to have problems started to doubt it was even the suit in the first place.

It also doesn't help any that the original poster, the one that discovered the supposed issue and created the thread in the first place is now absent, lurking the boards.

One thing is for certain, leaking or not the situation is nothing like the DX 02 or the Comedian. The fact that 90% of this thread consists of speculation, doubt and silence is proof of this.

Last edited:
Okay, stick to your guns then if things must be that specific, void. If that is the way it must be then you're going to find that this thread will cease to be active. It might as well be locked then. It has been weeks since anyone has reported a case, facebook and other sites have been silent on the issue completely (this is only on SSF) and some of those few that reported to have problems started to doubt it was even the suit in the first place.

It also doesn't help any that the original poster, the one that discovered the supposed issue and created the thread in the first place is now absent, lurking the boards.

One thing is for certain, leaking or not the situation is nothing like the DX 02 or the Comedian. The fact that 90% of this thread consists of speculation, doubt and silence is proof of this.

Not trying to be an ass, just trying to ensure the thread doesn't have to be locked. I'd rather that anyone with an issue is able to post here - if that means asking people to cut the fluff and only post when its REALLY relevant, then so be it. :dunno

We all know the difference between honest discourse and willful trolling. Intothevoid is just asking us to use discretion when posting.

What sucks is if someone has an issue with theirs and they come to this thread. They are greeted with about 2 pages worth of useful information and 170 of...not...useful information. That is why I thought a lock would be good (my post was deleted). A fresh start with useful information.

For example, I had discovered residue on mine but after examining it, realized it was glue from the belt. I shared that. It was useful. But if someone new came to this thread...they would never find it.

So...to be on topic...I still have not seen a sign of residue after removing the clear plastic magnet cover and superglueing it in.

Damn. I literally had 10 posts in multi-quote that I really wanted to respond to. :lol

I do indeed wish to inquire about other peoples oil problems. And I have shared all the residue problems I have had. Those are the only things I have intended to do in this thread.

Here's is the offending post:

I'm pretty much with DiFabio on this one.

I don't doubt there are members that have had some sort of oily residue on their figures, but I think we need to hear more. I would like more photographic evidence. I think those with oil need to speak up more about whether the oil comes back after wiping it off, how often they wipe it, etc.

Is it possible that we will see pics of hideously melted abdomens like there was with the DX02? Yes, of course it is, but it seems a little presumptuous to assume it will be that bad or as wide-spread.

Although, Hot Toys has a record of taking short-cuts (in addition to other questionable business practices) I would be surprised if they took a step back from where they were at with the DCD batch of the DX02. As has been said, even that batch leaked to some extent, but it was greatly improved. In my case, I had a little darkening of the bi-cep armor and that's it. To go from that, back to a deteriorating melted mess seems very unlikely to me.

I was agreeing with something DiFabio brought up (post #1249 if you want to see where it started) and I never said Rory's name. The fact that he took such personal offense to it is thought provoking though. I didn't see King Darkness or any of the others that have posted oily pics or reported residue taking offense.

I'm very sorry that Rory is gone. I truly hope he returns. I didn't think that post would be labeled as 'constant douchery'. I was honestly just asking for follow-ups from those with the problem. Yes that included Rory, but it was never meant to single him out.

I will not comment on this further I promise. :peace

:slap Maybe a little reminder might help.

Off topic: I think a mod should edit the first point to include the status of the situation (some having oil residue) and also modifications that can be done (removing the magnet from the belt). I think it would help the newcomers so they won't have to read through 174 pages.

On topic: still no oil on both of mine .

Back