DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Hello,
Would you please provide the sales receipt & the photo support for our checking?
We will get back to you soon after receiving the above information.

Thanks!

Remarks: After-sales service will only be provided for first-hand purchase via official channels.

After-sales service is not applicable for purchase on online auction sites (e.g. eBay, Yahoo) and unofficial channels.

Due to the limited edition nature of our collectibles, we cannot guarantee that all accessories or items can be replaced. Please note that over 30 days of purchase or product released for more than 1 year will NOT be accepted. Hot Toys reserves final rights on all replacement requests.

Thanks,
Best regards
Hot Toys Ltd"

So I guess they don't care about the world outside US and HK?
They are happy to take our money though.

Same generic mail they have been using for years now....

I emailed OSB again with a copy of the above response, to show them that HT will not enterntain replacements if my figure develops a problem AFTER 30 days, even if i've bought from an official dealer.

Have to say my views of OSB will be severely dented if they decline to provide a refund.

"Hello,
Would you please provide the sales receipt & the photo support for our checking?
We will get back to you soon after receiving the above information.

Thanks!

Remarks: After-sales service will only be provided for first-hand purchase via official channels.

After-sales service is not applicable for purchase on online auction sites (e.g. eBay, Yahoo) and unofficial channels.

Due to the limited edition nature of our collectibles, we cannot guarantee that all accessories or items can be replaced. Please note that over 30 days of purchase or product released for more than 1 year will NOT be accepted. Hot Toys reserves final rights on all replacement requests.

Thanks,
Best regards
Hot Toys Ltd"

So I guess they don't care about the world outside US and HK?
They are happy to take our money though.

Same generic mail they have been using for years now....

You can't buy HT products through an official supplier outside of the US and HK?

You have to read to find out what's going on, in anything. Who'd thought of that.

Charming...

That's why there's more of the same faces every day and less new ones. The few new folks that start posting get pissed off shortly. Having fun is cool, but there needs to be a certain level of respect or there's only going to be same posters over and over.

I'm not sure what to do. Try to return to SSC's for a refund or keep it and hope the original oil out of the box on the shoulder was a one time thing. From others that have had rubber figures and some oil on them--doesn't it something only happen once and never notice it again?

Flipping heck!!

I also reported that mine, on inspection and after several changes in temperature and humidity (from the USA to the UK), was residue and oil free! So the number of people with 'no problems' status is now at least 20.

I don't know if it's that this forum is so snobby and elitist that you pretty much ignore posts from noobs with less than a certain post-count, even though when I first registered there were a thread/posts about not being too hard on new members, but if that's the case then you fellows need a serious rethink!

That's why there's more of the same faces every day and less new ones. The few new folks that start posting get pissed off shortly. Having fun is cool, but there needs to be a certain level of respect or there's only going to be same posters over and over.

So because no one responded to his post that means he was disrespected? That people are being to hard? :slap
Sound like he's upset his name wasn't added to the list, but people still had time to post animal pictures.

I'm going to have stringy caramel like substance coming off my belt when watching Avengers/Spidey/TDKR.

paulreubensmugshot07261991.jpg

Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Batman, Tim Burton...The dots are all connecting; It Tim Burton's fault Batman is oily. :lecture

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Crud... didn't see this thread until now. Guess I need to check Bats when I get home :huh

Don't forget to report back. :lecture

Sound like he's upset his name wasn't added to the list, but people still had time to post animal pictures.

Indeed.

DiFabio has added him BTW.

I'll repost his list here:

So far 6 figures from 5 collectors have experienced oil secretions,

1. Rory (1st Batman)
2. Rory (2nd Batman)
3. The Boot
4. CollectorNC
5. King Darkness (I think)
6. schokolade

2 figures/2 collectors are unsure if it's oil or simply tape residue from the glue of the belt (left side around magnet),

1. Maglor
2. UltraMarknus

20 collectors have checked and claimed to have not had signs of oil so far,

1. Myself
2. Jye
3. Evilface
4. Batty
5. PJW
6. Custo
7. highlander1
8. zeelhar
9. IrishJedi
10. Cocoboloboy
11. Karnis
12. preeny101
13. mikericm
14. Natrix
15. Guyver (If anyone had oil I thought for sure it would be this guy)
16. tommyh84
17. cr0w
18. T-?
19. Mr. EcKo
20. DGTWoodward

I've checked facebook, onesixthwarriors and a few Asian message boards but so far, we freaks are the only ones that seem to be experiencing problems. I'm sure that will change once more collectors become aware.

I'm not sure what to do. Try to return to SSC's for a refund or keep it and hope the original oil out of the box on the shoulder was a one time thing. From others that have had rubber figures and some oil on them--doesn't it something only happen once and never notice it again?

Well, I never owned the DX02, but from what I read around the forum in the past few years:

The leaking will vary depending on the figure that you receive. Some figures might only leak once and stop, or in the best case scenario there are figures that don't at all (and may never leak). There are also figures that have a continual drip over a certain period of time, but then the leaking will eventually stop when the excess amount of oil has been poured out of the suit (or for whatever other reason that causes the rubber to stop leaking).

In my opinion, if your figure isn't giving you problems man, I think you should just keep it. Think about it this way: not all of the DX02 figures from 2008/2009 have turned into a pile of goup, many have stopped leaking, and in fact, a lot of people still regard it as the best looking Batman figure in their collections.

Try to evaluate your figure based on what you see, and determine if it's in your best interest to return it or not. But don't extrapolate everyone else's issues to your figure, if it doesn't really have much of a problem. I think these figures are best evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

Batman is a great figure and if you have any interest in the 89 movie and like 1/6 collectibles he is a must buy. I think it is too early to write the figure off completely because of this.

Luckily we now live in a time where Hot Toys figures are actually in stock in large quantities at many retailers. This allows folks who are deeply concerned about the oil to wait a few months and see how this all plays out. I cancelled my extras for now, but I have every intention of purchasing them if this issue does not escalate any further.

Try to evaluate your figure based on what you see, and determine if it's in your best interest to return it or not. But don't extrapolate everyone else's issues to your figure, if it doesn't really have much of a problem. I think these figures are best evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

:lecture

Needed to be quoted.

Well, I never owned the DX02, but from what I read around the forum in the past few years:

The leaking will vary depending on the figure that you receive. Some figures might only leak once and stop, or in the best case scenario there are figures that don't at all (and may never leak). There are also figures that have a continual drip over a certain period of time, but then the leaking will eventually stop when the excess amount of oil has been poured out of the suit (or for whatever other reason that causes the rubber to stop leaking).

In my opinion, if your figure isn't giving you problems man, I think you should just keep it. Think about it this way: not all of the DX02 figures from 2008/2009 have turned into a pile of goup, many have stopped leaking, and in fact, a lot of people still regard it as the best looking Batman figure in their collections.

:goodpost: and thanks. I'll try to re-evaluate before contacting SSC's again.

So because no one responded to his post that means he was disrespected? That people are being to hard? :slap

If that's why he's pissed I can't be on here 24 hours a day to see if he posted whether or not his is leaking or not. When I read his rant I added him, that was early this morning.

I didn't purposely exclude him because he's a "noob". :lol

Damn.

Indeed.

DiFabio has added him BTW.

I'll repost his list here:

So far 6 figures from 5 collectors have experienced oil secretions,

1. Rory (1st Batman)
2. Rory (2nd Batman)
3. The Boot
4. CollectorNC
5. King Darkness (I think)
6. schokolade

2 figures/2 collectors are unsure if it's oil or simply tape residue from the glue of the belt (left side around magnet),

1. Maglor
2. UltraMarknus

21 collectors have checked and claimed to have not had signs of oil so far,

1. Myself
2. Jye
3. Evilface
4. Batty
5. PJW
6. Custo
7. highlander1
8. zeelhar
9. IrishJedi
10. Cocoboloboy
11. Karnis
12. preeny101
13. mikericm
14. Natrix
15. Guyver (If anyone had oil I thought for sure it would be this guy)
16. tommyh84
17. cr0w
18. T-?
19. Mr. EcKo
20. DGTWoodward
21. Crimsonbob

I've checked facebook, onesixthwarriors and a few Asian message boards but so far, we freaks are the only ones that seem to be experiencing problems. I'm sure that will change once more collectors become aware.

Still leaky free here :wave

Mine had spots of oil on the shoulders when i first opened him, Also at the bottom of his abs where the belt goes round the smooth bit.

Also the abs don't sit straight on mine, The whole top of his torso is not square to the bottom half anyone else noticed this.

Wiped the oil 5 days ago and it was back yesterday, It is coming from the seam.

Took this after i wiped it :slap:slap will catch if it happenjs again

Last edited:
Back