Premium Format Dutch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dutch PF

I don't trust CM sculpts of human characters. Don't get me wrong, I love the Predator, but I wouldn't want to see them make a Dutch anyway.

I don't trust CM sculpts of human characters. Don't get me wrong, I love the Predator, but I wouldn't want to see them make a Dutch anyway.

I really hope CM go into the Horror genre, mike myers Freddy and Jason. But Dutch or any other character would also be awesome if the face is good

The maquette is bigger then 1/4th and smaller then 1/3th.
It's a nice stand alone piece, but it doesn't fit with a 1/4th setup

dont laugh at me, but will be the dutch exclusive head fit on the t1- T 800 head, i love evrything about the t-800 but the face, and i love dutch face but hate the body proportions even though i ordered the dutch ex, cos like i said,the head sculpt is too good and an extra head with the cigar could be useful for a custom down the line someday

The maquette is bigger then 1/4th and smaller then 1/3th.
It's a nice stand alone piece, but it doesn't fit with a 1/4th setup

no it's not, it's perfect to 1/4 scale. Do the calculations, it's simple math.

is it just me or is the scale way off between these two pieces. Look how small Dutch is, his whole head could fit in the preds mouth. The pred wasn't anywhere near that big in the movie.

Along with possible scale issues (Don't get me wrong, that pred maquette is awesome), the differing bases gives them an inconsistent feel IMO
For example I like how the PF bases for mola ram and TOD Indi match with a similar theme.

We need a matching P1:pray:
It's been mentioned before, SSC like any business wants more sales.
We all know how quick a well executed P1 PF would sellout.
No brainer I would have thought.

:hi5:

xxx.jpg

the scale of the p1 maquette is perfect. And the bases being about the same height is a bonus. I dont see sedeshow making another 1/4 scale predator when the stan winston one is already out there.

and it wouldn't make any sense for them to make a new 1/4 version when the 1/5 version hasn't even shipped yet.

Although Predator 1 piece is listed as a Maquette, with the netting and the leather cloth it would be considered a Premium Format today. It was more sell-able as a "Maquette" then "Premium Format" then specially with Stan Winston posing right by it (if I'm not mistaken the best representation to date) and calling it a Maquette just seemed the right thing to do....... and I also think it will be compatible with Dutch size wise...specially cause I think it is a 1/4 scale..

I really don't think Sideshow will make another 1/4 scale Predator and call it a PF...

no it's not, it's perfect to 1/4 scale. Do the calculations, it's simple math.

The maquette is over 60 cm.
And he's not standing staright up.
That would mean the Pred is over 240 cm.

Way too big.

In the movies the Predator doesn't seem that big.

I'd also like them to start making some PF's with later pairings in mind.

eg. maybe final battle Dutch and final battle Predator where the bases look good on their own, but match up together to form a giant dio

The maquette is over 60 cm.
And he's not standing staright up.
That would mean the Pred is over 240 cm.

Way too big.

In the movies the Predator doesn't seem that big.

dude, it's not too big. Your including the base, the base is 2in thick, so you have to subtract that from the overall height. He's not standing up completely straight, but even if he was, it would make the statue itself an 1in taller at most. If you take the statue at 23in, multiply it by 4, you get 92in=7.6ft at most. There's no exact measuement of Hall in the suit, but most would say he was 7.5-7.7 while in the suit.

Even if you diagree with how much taller the statue would be if he was straight up, the scale would be barely bigger then 1/4, not even enough to make a big difference next to other 1/4 scale pieces. These statues are never going to be completely 100% 1/4 scale to a tee.

dude, it's not too big. Your including the base, the base is 2in thick, so you have to subtract that from the overall height. He's not standing up completely straight, but even if he was, it would make the statue itself an 1in taller at most. If you take the statue at 23in, multiply it by 4, you get 92in=7.6ft at most. There's no exact measuement of Hall in the suit, but most would say he was 7.5-7.7 while in the suit.

Even if you diagree with how much taller the statue would be if he was straight up, the scale would be barely bigger then 1/4, not even enough to make a big difference next to other 1/4 scale pieces. These statues are never going to be completely 100% 1/4 scale to a tee.

well said :exactly::goodpost:

Back