Premium Format Dutch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dutch PF

I am not asking people to stop expressing their opinion but shouldn't we wait until we have the item in hand before we make certain comments on it?

Sorry but I don't see why, unless you're a sideshow rep and therefore would much rather see an entirely positive vibe at the selling stage....are you?

In any case its a futile wish. People will express their opinions at every stage, there aint no stopping it.

How bout a dio based on this scene? :panic:

the_encounter_by_narin_18_by_predatrhuntr-d2yaydm.jpg

I am not asking people to stop expressing their opinion but shouldn't we wait until we have the item in hand before we make certain comments on it?

It's ok for you Americans you have to remember I would have to pay more to ship, £10 fed-ex handling and 20% v.a.t. I really have to justify any purchase. Yes I think it's a really nice piece and nearly hit the order button a few times, I did order but then cancelled, but times are hard, had to convince myself it's not perfect. As i explained the vampirella PM was better value for money and really good looking where as Dutch doesn't match up with my p1 diorama, cinemaquette pred or the new pred statue I have on pre. Also IMO the EX portrait is a huge miss, looks wrong and doesn't fit in with the hunting pose. If they bring out a 1/4 scale PF pred I will be gutted I passed. Yes I know the maquette is meant to be 1/4 but that's way too expensive. Just my opinion which is what this is all about isn't it?

Last edited:

i don't know why people complain about every great statue that comes out of sideshow, yes they have a right to express their opinion but don't forget that other people base whether to buy it or not on peoples opinions sometimes. I am not trying to sound like a jerk but i think that this statue is awesome and appreciate the idea to put it out there and the work that was put into it.

:goodpost:

However this is the Internet and it is serious business. If people on the sideshow board think they can improve a piece by posting their ____ty photoshops then they will:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

:goodpost:

However this is the Internet and it is serious business. If people on the sideshow board think they can improve a piece by posting their ____ty photoshops then they will:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

The PS with the enlarged head a page or 2 ago was pretty good. It made the proportions more accurate to P1. Granted I've accepted and rationalised them as they are and I'd be happy with it as is but I believe whoever did that PS was right. :dunno

I disagree mate! I think it made his head too big. I think the issue is more in the arms. Have you ordered it yet ?

Who cares if the old pred maquette is expensive nowdays.....sideshow you nailed it with dutch :clap
If dutch sells good they are going for an other 1:4 pred (but i don't think they can make something better than this in which sw was involved)
Exclusive or not its perfect together

Next up its CM who should make 1:3 dutch we already have the pred

dutch.jpg

I disagree mate! I think it made his head too big. I think the issue is more in the arms. Have you ordered it yet ?

mutay_sshot.jpg

"You have sided against me in battle! This I do not forgive....or forgeeet!"

:wink1:

Only joking Rob. You'd probably achieve the same proportional result by keeping the head as it is and making the arms a bit smaller. Not a huge deal though. I haven't ordered it yet....just don't know if I can risk it....a PF is new territory for me. I might love it too much and decide I need more.

Mate if you got this PF I am backing you will sell all your 1/6 stuff and just get PFs!

Maybe.

That's what I did anyway. I shudder to think what would happen if I get a 1:1 item.

Mate if you got this PF I am backing you will sell all your 1/6 stuff and just get PFs!

Maybe.

That's what I did anyway. I shudder to think what would happen if I get a 1:1 item.

:lol I can't see myself selling my 1/6 stuff - when I moved up to 1/6 I didn't sell my Neca/McFarlane stuff or my Star Wars figures. Heck I'm still buying and enjoying those.

I've never been more tempted by a non-poseable figure than this one though. Seriously amazing looking item......

Just buy it already.. Don't let figures tempt you, let the franchise tempt you..

Last edited:

Who cares if the old pred maquette is expensive nowdays.....sideshow you nailed it with dutch :clap
If dutch sells good they are going for an other 1:4 pred (but i don't think they can make something better than this in which sw was involved)

dutch.jpg

that pic looks really good. As far as CM ever making a Dutch, I kind of doubt it, but we'll see. CM doesn't usually double dip into one movie. I think the 2 T3 pieces might be an exception, not to mention, there are so many other characters to do and they only release one a year, compared to SS prolly releasing one 1:2 a qtr :cuckoo:

dutch.jpg

is it just me or is the scale way off between these two pieces. Look how small Dutch is, his whole head could fit in the preds mouth. The pred wasn't anywhere near that big in the movie.

is it just me or is the scale way off between these two pieces. Look how small Dutch is, his whole head could fit in the preds mouth. The pred wasn't anywhere near that big in the movie.

I think you're right. Maquette is too big, new pred statue is too small. We need a predator PF to go with Dutch then I'd buy him.

the size of the statue is perfect and accurate....

Kevin Peter Hall was 7'2 (2m20cm), and with the predator makeup on him, he was nearly 7'7 (2m31cm).

Yeah, Predator is 7'5"-7'6".. Dunno how tall Arnie was, but one of those maquettes is way off..predator is much larger compared to Dutch than he should be.

I remember people saying the P1 Maquette was slightly larger than 1/4 scale though.

it's not a real picture of them side by side, just a PS mock up of how they will somewhat look next to each other.

Back