Duke Nukem Forever [PC, PS3, Xbox 360]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres part 1 of my walk through/commentary of the PC version of the Demo:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1rac89OHfA"]YouTube - ‪Viper Plays The Duke Nukem Forever First Access Demo‬‏[/ame]

This is a new approach for me so I hope you enjoy!

I have pre-ordered this game and I cant wait to play new Duke Nukem! Im glad that I get this on 10th June:yess:

Played the demo... it's good but not overly fantastic... I hope the real thing is better. Personally i dont like Unreal engine.
2 weapons only kinda suck.... and no mighty boot! :(

JUst saw the commercial for it, and for something so long in development, I was expecting more. It looks smooth, and had some interesting features, but it also didn't look like anything new. I think I'll wait for this one to drop a bit before I pic it up.

Well you are right the game isnt a breakthrough. In fact there isnt much left to expand in 3D shoot em up games. If they release this game back in 2004 it would have been a huge hit. Oh well....

It's mostly the same demo that's been shown around since early this year (which was an updated version of the demo from last September).

Visually, I think the game looks very good. At least on the PC. Except for the 'depth of field', which is badly done. Unfortunately, the post-processing effects are grouped into one setting.

The demo didn't give much to do. It was only parts of the levels, not the full levels that will be in the game. I think they will be grouped into chapters. If you dig around in the files on the PC, you can find interesting stuff (and some spoilers).

I did have fun with it, but I don't think it's very indicative of the final build or much of the game in general. There's a ton of stuff that hasn't been seen and there is cool stuff that's been talked about in recent previews.

Beer and the HoloDuke (in the back of the blue truck) are in the demo. The HoloDuke is much more effective now. Has some pretty funny one-liners too. :D

Also, cheats work. In game, type "dnclip" for noclipping (you can get to the penthouse, the area after you beat the Cycloid. ;) It's below the stadium and takes more than 5 minutes to get there. :horror ), also "dnweapons" to spawn all the weapons from the game. Old School. :cool:

Last edited:
Well, I just preordered the PC Balls of Steel edition from Amazon. $90 with free release date shipping. Nifty.

duke1.png

https://kopfstoff.blogspot.com/2011/06/duke-nukem-forever-fan-art-in-game.html

How is this not on the first page? In any case, a friend hipped me up to the fact that Comedy Central is showing Duke Nukem ads so I tuned in. Just now, they aired an extended TV spot with some neat new footage. Tuesday can't come soon enough! :rock

I got this game today from Gamestop.I havent played it much but I have to say already it was easily worth of the money.Fun game and great graphics:yess::yess:

I'll sadly have to wait till Tuesday when it is released in the States. I've been seeing alot of negative feedback so far about the game. Honestly I'm not going to look at any more and judge for myself when I play it. Most of the criticisms of the game are more nit picking than anything from what I've seen.

P.S. I don't know who Seth Rogen is but after listening to him on youtube I guess I see the resemblance :)

Also part 2 has been posted if anyone is interested in the followup to that video! Glad you liked the Vids!

To me, negative feedback isn't an issue and should be taken with a grain of salt -- especially with a title like this. There is always bias when it comes to critique of the media and plenty of people won't like what they see in Duke's adventures. It's kind of tough to pinpoint exactly what sets them off from the game to make them more prone to nitpicking, but you have to admit, this is one of those games that can be taken personally, depending on who plays it.

For true and long-time fans though, I don't think criticisms will be nearly as bad. I'm not even expecting the best or most perfect game ever; all I want is a kick-ass Duke experience after all these years that'll be loads of fun. So far, the game seems to pass with flying colors. I'll find out for sure on Tuesday, but the demo and other content I've seen is pretty promising.

EDIT: Read one of the reviews and it was complaining about some film grain effect? Heh, you can actually enable or disable that on the PC version. Dunno about the console version, but there that is... :lol

Last edited:
IGN is always full of crap. The PC version of the game is getting 8s and alot of the people who actually played it and not just ran through it because it wasn't call of duty or Halo and didn't deserve their time actually enjoyed it more often than not. I can't wait until about 11 am tomorrow! :yess:

I find it funny people call IGN reviews crap when they rate something low, but when it's a 9+, everyone cheers and says "good job IGN, great review IGN."

Fanboys are the worst.

Back