Duke Nukem Forever [PC, PS3, Xbox 360]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sachiel

Super Freak
Reaction score
:pigfly::pigfly:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmhKyscEz-c[/ame]

ratingduke.png

dnfupdcoverart.jpg

18220918224088181347411.jpg

dnf.png

Last edited:
Re: DUKE NUKEM FOREVER [May 3, 2011]

Awesome! can't wait.
i remember playing the original duke nukems.
is this coming out for xbox 360?

Yes.

360, PS3, and PC.

meh not impressed..looks like a good game 2 years ago but just looks dated tbh

"Why do they always take the hot ones?"

I'm looking forward to this one. Classic Duke.

meh not impressed..looks like a good game 2 years ago but just looks dated tbh

Graphics don't look any worse than Reach, IMO. I'll give this one a try after the eventual price drop.

In the history of DNF there has never been an official full release date given.

Gearbox had a playable demo at the Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) last September and will be releasing a demo to the public sometime before the game's launch. They have a "First Access Club" for it, so members can play it before it's fully released to the public.

Yeah... it's coming. :cool:

3D Realms had a good portion of the game finished (it would have been released last year if the BS didn't happen).

After the layoffs, 8+ ex-employees continued working on the game in their homes. 3DR found out a way they could legally work on the game and the group formed 'Triptych'. They now work in the Gearbox building.

Gearbox owns DNF and has the rights to make new Duke games. They have mostly just help fund and polish up DNF. Piranha Games is working on porting to consoles and 'expanding' multiplayer.

After all these years there's more people who are still looking forward to it than you would expect. Especially after this news. :rock

It seems like a very good year for games and I don't think DNF will have any trouble selling.

Last edited:

From what I've seen it doesn't look entirely impressive. I think the charm of Duke Nukem has kind of been lost, it worked in the 90s now with so many other potentially superior shooters coming out this year...I can't help but think that all the wait for this will lead up to something that lets us down in the end.

Superior shooters? There's a such thing? Aren't they all the same ol crap over and over? If you're a fan of Duke you'll like this game if not then you'll(you meaning in general no one specific) probably pass it and keep playing Reach/Black Ops. Theres inovation right? Killing kindergarten creatures in one and playing the same game since MW 1 with a different name.

Last edited:

Superior shooters? There's a such thing? Aren't they all the same ol crap over and over? If you're a fan of Duke you'll like this game if not then you'll(you meaning in general no one specific) probably pass it and keep playing Reach/Black Ops. Theres inovation right? Killing kindergarten creatures in one and playing the same game since MW 1 with a different name.

Yeah, I agree. They are basicly the same thing so if you like the subject get it and if not then don't but I don't expect anything to be much different in terms of gameplay.

Genre's can't have superior games in them? How could they not?

No all shooters are the same as in you shoot with usually with a gun in a war setting of some kind. I'm a fan of the old Duke games and I don't think I'll enjoy this one. I'm much more interested in Killzone.

• Ego and Then Some: Step into the shoes of Duke Nukem, the steroidal One-Man army who never fails and always gets the Babes.
  • Bust a Gut: Duke pulls no punches. He does and says the things you are thinking. Duke’s constant stream of hilarious one-liners throughout the game will have gamers rolling.
  • World Interactivity: Spend as much time as you want shooting hoops, lifting weights, playing pinball, pool, air hockey, and slot machines (and more).
  • Scale and Variety: This game has it all; packed with explosive FPS action, outlandish settings, vehicle driving, and puzzle solving — gamers will never tire of the endless fun.
  • Multiplayer Like No Other: Duke re-envisions classic modes of play in his own hilarious and humiliating way. Shrink your opponent and squash him with your foot. Freeze and shatter him. Attach explosives to his back. Roll a pipe bomb between his legs, or just frag him old-fashioned with a rocket.
  • https://www.2kgames.com/#/games/duke-nukem-forever
DNF will have much more going for it that just shooting. It won't take itself too seriously and will focus on what's fun.

Back