Iron man and Captain America hologram!! 1/12 scale marvel legends, For Now!! lol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eljay360

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey Freaks,
This thing took me fkn FOREVER to do but I finally got it. Bought an old Lego display out of a toy store closing for like 200 and had it sitting on the shelves for months until I did surgery to it all weekend to get it up and running and now I cant stop enjoying it. Figured I had to show you guys to see if any of you liked it as much as I do lol. Well check it out and let me know your thoughts. As well at which 6 to 8 inch captain america and iron man you think I should stuff in there as I am not in love with the Marvel legends stuff, not shiny enough lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m4YpAIXBE4&feature=youtu.be

Thanks Freaks

Thank you guys. I like cant stop looking at it lol. I wanna like track another one down. But you need to know video editing software pretty good as well to put it all together, thats what took so long. But thank you so much guys, you make it all worth it when I know others share my views on this ****. I paid $225 for it. Which I thought was good actually.

They make a machine by a company called 3dshk that is for hot toys figures, its smaller than this one. And they charge about $700 shipped. The same company started out years back making boxes like this for companies like Lego and they would be displayed in toy stores. I got this one from a store closing for about $200 and had to spend half of forever modifying video to play on it, figuring out the ancient codec it uses, etc. And once I was done it seemed to line up best with 1/12 figures due to the screen size. I am just psyched because I was in love with the hot toys one and wanted it baaaad, but my chick would fkn beat me if I bought one lol. When I think 700 I think HULKBUSTER!!! lol. Not a display stand. But for 200 I am happy lol.

Very cool! For anyone curious, we do this allot in the exhibits I design -- it is called a "peppers ghost" technique and can be easily DIY'd for under $150. All you really need is a monitor or even a pico projector, and an angled piece of plexi or glass.

Good find though Eljay -- nice not to have to do all the construction yourself!

Very cool! For anyone curious, we do this allot in the exhibits I design -- it is called a "peppers ghost" technique and can be easily DIY'd for under $150. All you really need is a monitor or even a pico projector, and an angled piece of plexi or glass.

Good find though Eljay -- nice not to have to do all the construction yourself!

Skiller,
Ya know I tried that at first with a tented piece of plexi and I couldn't get the bounce effect to work right. It was totally difficult. And I have live video experience so I am familiar with teleprompters which are essentially the same thing. I may need to pick your brain on where I was missing it. I totally had a piece of plexi tented cut for the detolf case and thought it would be fkn amazing to do it on the shelf of the detolf. I have dioramas on each shelf so there wasnt tons of light leak. I dunno but I am still interested in doing more lol. And this was a lego hero factory box. And I just checked and they have one on ebay for like $350. I may try the DIY again, thanks though bro for all the info. IMG_2423.jpg

Back