'Duel of the Fates' - Faux Bronze

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After cancelling this one (and going on to faux order the "FRAMES":naughty) I thought I'd be ticked and horrified to see the pics and to think about what I gave up but in reality, although a very nice piece, I'm really OK with not getting it. In fact--- I'm considering selling my #23 of the Faux Bronze Yoda vs. Dooku... Keep an eye on the commerce section.:D

I was thinking about canceling a while ago but I am glad I kept it. It looks great with Dooku. Also, I just noticed that they tweaked this one a little. On the regular Obi's padawan hair braid thing goes down and then up and out to the side but on the bronze it just goes down over his shoulder. Wonder if they had a lot of braid break returns and needed to fix it for this one.

Got this today. Its an awesome piece. I think I might like the color better, but hard to say since I dont have it. I also did missed the Bronze Yoda, I'm hoping to score a trade; Bronze Yoda for Bronze Fellbeast. Just waiting until I get the Fellbeast in hand.

Nasedo, you have a PM:

DotF1.jpg

DotF2.jpg

DotF3.jpg

DotF4.jpg

DotF5.jpg

DotF6.jpg

DotF7.jpg

DotF8.jpg

69!!!!

Ahh yeah!

:)

Thanks.

BTW, pics look great.

They also look really good together too.

The scuplts look awesome. And at a small scale. How come the 1/6 line can't get this good? Same with the Yoda/Dooku piece. I guess different materal.

Got #47 in. It looks awesome.

Can't decide if I want to keep it or let it go...

What's the big deal with the Faux Bronzes?

These should be cheap because they require little painting!

I don't really know the answer to that question but I do agree, i have a few of the faux pieces and am thinking about selling. They just don't do much for me and are very plain looking.

Last edited:
I do like the piece but prefer the way Bowen does their faux bronze pieces.

Now those look amazing.

I really wish these had a bit of color to them.

Oh well.

This piece, especailly the lightsabers, would have been great the "Bowen Faux" way.

I agree. The painted ones are much better looking. The only reason why you don't paint a bronze statue is because it's ACTUALLY BRONZE.

My wait-list just converted. I got on the wait-list pretty late too if I remember well, since I wasn't really interested in this piece (or SW diorama's in general). I though, let's get on the wait-list, just for the heck of it, and it converted...

With only 75 available, a lot of cancelling must have taken place. Not such an hot item after all, or what? I think there are two of these currently for sale here on the board (Mesa's & Amanaman's), and so far, no one seams to be interested... Tragic end of a hyped diorama, or is the big boost still to come?

I think it's great that most of these are not selling for much above retail. this will make scalpers/flippers think twice the next time an "exclusive" star wars item is on pre-order.

My guess is that the value will increase substantially, but it could take a couple years. Like you said, despite the extremely low ES, they're still readily available. Once these get into the hands of collectors and don't show up on Ebay, I would think the value should go up.

Back