'Duel of the Fates' - Faux Bronze

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a bad time for selling period. after sdcc and summer vacations, back to school, etc. Come xmas time these will be hot.

This is a bad time for selling period. after sdcc and summer vacations, back to school, etc. Come xmas time these will be hot.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

This could be very possibly be the case. While I think the faux bronze thing is a craze, I don't think it is over yet. The FB DOTF has a very limited ES and looks friggin' awesome, IMO, it will go back up in price.

When you called, did you tell them you wouldn't make any money on ebay and had to cancel? :razzy (I do wonder if they have ever gotten a call like that)

In truth, Faux bronze is just a gimmick to which many collectors saw right through.

Actually I really like the bronze and have the Yoda Dooku. I don't know how to say any differently that I couldn't afford it right now. :dunno

Don't worry BM, you can buy mine when you are ready. I'm local and I accept first borns. Convenient, huh? :lol

In truth, Faux bronze is just a gimmick to which many collectors saw right through.

Hmmm... yes and no... While I think the SSC FB's are not spectacular, I do belive that the Bowen FB's do rock. Actually so much, that it got me interested in statues that never caught my attention before! But, when presented with the Bowen FB touch... wow! I guess it's because a straight FB finish, like the SSC finish doesn't have the extra dimension the Bowen FB has. Actually, you could say that the SSC FB is a true FB, whilst the Bowen approach is more of a variation, an interpretation of the FB look. And, I have to say, they did it right to my taste! Unfortunately, I only managed to pin down one of their releases so far...

Speaking of cancelled regrets, I look at my order history cancellations of the Iron Man EX, the Dr. Doom EX PF, and the Hulk PF...

And I just weep.

Lol, and I felt bad for selling an extra Hulk PF for $350 about this time last year.

Last edited:
I think it's great that most of these are not selling for much above retail. this will make scalpers/flippers think twice the next time an "exclusive" star wars item is on pre-order.

it definitely won't make me think twice...

sold it for 650 the day after pre-order :D

fair enough, but I think even you would admit you were lucky...

i was definitely lucky, but that's a chance you take. i bet that most were ordered with the intentions of flipping and now people are hard pressed to sell them for retail. if they just had patience...

i was definitely lucky, but that's a chance you take. i bet that most were ordered with the intentions of flipping and now people are hard pressed to sell them for retail. if they just had patience...

I bought mine to keep so I don't care about resale value... at least not for right now. :)

ALice- probably barely above retail, like $50 more. Spray can gimmicks have lost their luster.

But I do have to say, I bought the Boba Fett bronze bust by GG and I really like it. It's the simular method Bowen uses when coating their statues. IMO, this is the method SS needs to look into.

I prefer SS's technique it doesn't look chromed or plated, but like a classic piece of bronze.

I only have the FB DOTF and no FB Bowen pieces (yet) so I can only say how much I like the SS method. I agree with LOTRfan in that the Bowen method doesn't really look like bronze (it isn't supposed to). It should probably, instead, be called faux faux bronze :D

Back