Dream Warrior Freddy!!!!!!11111

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NSFolsom said:
What happened, wait list?

No... my card declined and I had to scramble to get money to pay for it...:lol

It's been a rough month.... I got lucky to afford all of the con exclusives. And now I have "Hell month" to look forward to... (Sept) :horror

Soooo much coming next month... I'm probably going to die..:monkey2

I got my shipping notice on 29.7.06 and still no tracking number. Hope it comes soon. Looking forward to him.That will be me with five freddy's.

Bannister said:
Just got my notice and it weighs 5 lbs. as well. Hopefully there is something extra in there.:chew

Just got my Freddy. Looks great, a little pale however. The 5lbs was do to them adding their Volume 9 Catalogue.. ZZZzzzz, sorry but I already have this one. Why couldn't they include the DEAD shirt? I'm getting tired of all this extra postage. My DEAD figure comes tomorrow. I don't know why they didn't ship them together. I'd rather have a DVD or something, maybe a surprise collectible that hasn't sold well. Oh well........

Buffanatic said:
That series is gonna hit me too........but so will B/A and LOTR. "I owe my soul to the Company Store...."

LOL! Tennessee Ernie Ford! just got that song off ITunes the other day!

tommorrow for my Freddy:monkey5

Okay, got mine today.

First the plus side: Great new sculpt, love the skull accessory (but don't try to move the jaw), and the Chest of Souls is phenominal.

Minuses: I still long for a knitted sweater that fits better, correct navy pants, and the fringe on the sweater drives me nuts. Oh, and although the shipping box was in good condition, the actual figure's box looked like it had been kicked in. UPS must have worked extra hard to achieve that!

I plan to cut off the fringe, alter the sweater so that it can be "torn" open to reveal the CoS, and be put back into place. Magnets may be involved. Totally going to replace the thick plastic needles with real needles. I'm going to hinge the skull's jaw so that it can be moved (it's just glued in place.)

He's an awesome figure, and I can't wait to get to work on him. Sorry for the general lack of pics in this thread.

Last edited:
Custommikey,

Agreed on all points. I was going to do the same to mine and even swap out the body for a Dragon body. I feel that the Sideshow body is too limited in range of motion and is slightly floppy.

Customikey said:
Oh, and although the shipping box was in good condition, the actual figure's box looked like it had been kicked in. UPS must have worked extra hard to achieve that!

my box is like that too. shipping box is perfect but the inner fig packaging is kinda dinged up. musta happened at SS's factory.

not sure i care much for the new head sculpt. doesn't resemble Englund at all.

My box could be in better shape and I am a MIB collector.

I wonder if these boxes were taken to the comic con and not sold?

That would explain some of the wear on them..

Got Freddy last night, and he is great, but I broke the jaw of the skull he comes with trying to get the darn twistie off! He is really great, and the eyes on this figure really stand out. I am not sure how one might raise his sweater enough to see all the cool screaming faces, but they are there from neck to navel!

Yeah I got mine also, It is a very cool figure and one I'm happy to have, but I still think the first one edges this one out a bit. The chest of souls just kinda makes him look all chunky and uneven in the torso with the shirt down. While the likeness is perfect, I can't help but look at the shape of the mouth and think of Butthead from Beavis & Butthead. Also the head from browline to back of the head seems kinda narrow, which makes the hat set kinda crooked. I still prefer the wicked smile on the original. Just minor things really the figure is still an incredible Freddy, I just think I'll keep this one boxed and leave the original for display.

I got Freddy and Subject 5 today! I just opened Freddy and I think this is the best version Sideshow has ever made. The figure's body is one of Sideshow's basic unmodified bodies, the Chest of Souls is a rubbery piece that goes all around his upper torso like a sleeveless shirt. The sweater is tight which makes it difficult to show of the Chest of Souls. The body itself is a dark tan color, and has nice tight joints all except his ankles which are a little lose.

The head sculpt is perfect. Dooley, you did a fantastic job here!
The multiple hands and head are very detailed, I think more so then the first release. And the paint is phenomenal on mine. He even has a light brown wash on his boots, a light greenish wash on his hat and a tan painted head band on the inside of the hat.

My box came a little scuffed and slightly dinged up too, outer shipping box is fine.
Sideshow included the catalog, would've like something else.

Mookeylama said:
my box is like that too. shipping box is perfect but the inner fig packaging is kinda dinged up. musta happened at SS's factory.

not sure i care much for the new head sculpt. doesn't resemble Englund at all.

I think it looks just like him.

Freddy%201.jpg

screamingmetal said:
My box came a little scuffed and slightly dinged up too, outer shipping box is fine.
Sideshow included the catalog, would've like something else.

yeah, i've gotten 3 of those cataloges now recenetly lol.

BEST... FREDDY... EVER!

Though the shirt is a big tight, and I can't pull it far up to see the full "chest of souls" :confused:

Back