Dragon Age: Inquisition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Played last night, and just enjoyed wandering around the Hinterlands. I am going to head to Redcliffe in order to do the mount quest.

Ain't it? It's one super fun mega hike. With animals scurrying about. And random melees occurring everywhere.

Ain't it? It's one super fun mega hike. With animals scurrying about. And random melees occurring everywhere.

And I love how even something like kill 10 rams, has a bigger in game purpose. Like I just helped these people get their town back, now I need to make sure they don't starve. Plus the exploration and finding random stuff is amazing. I found my first dragon last night, then promptly ran for my life.

My game is bugged. cant claim the deluxe edition armor and weapon even reinstall the game and new character .... :panic::panic::panic:

Any big differences between the versions?

I would like it on PC, but I feel that my comp at the moment would have to turn enough down, that I would not fully enjoy/lose myself in it.
I would like to get it on PS4, but that just goes on the list until I get a PS4.
So thinking of just getting into it on the PS3.

I got the Exclusive gamestop version coming tomorrow.

DRAGONAGE_02.jpg

My game is bugged. cant claim the deluxe edition armor and weapon even reinstall the game and new character .... :panic::panic::panic:

Are you sure? Apparently the armour and weapons aren't unlocked until several hours into the game. I think some actually require you to craft them from schematics or something. They aren't unlocked immediately is what I'm trying to say.

Edit: I went and looked it up. The wiki says this about the weapons: "The specific upgraded weapon that matches your starting class will appear in the chest in your bedroom when you first wake up in Haven". Apparently the armour should be in there too. So if you got to Haven and they weren't in the chest, then your game is indeed bugged. Are you getting error codes or anything like that?

A guide for getting all the deluxe edition content is here if anyone needs it. You have to make sure you have installed it separately first, because it is not on the disk.

Are you sure? Apparently the armour and weapons aren't unlocked until several hours into the game. I think some actually require you to craft them from schematics or something. They aren't unlocked immediately is what I'm trying to say.

Edit: I went and looked it up. The wiki says this about the weapons: "The specific upgraded weapon that matches your starting class will appear in the chest in your bedroom when you first wake up in Haven". Apparently the armour should be in there too. So if you got to Haven and they weren't in the chest, then your game is indeed bugged. Are you getting error codes or anything like that?

the box is there, is just it wont let me click on it ....... so sad :(

How does this stack up against Skyrim? Anywhere remotely as good? Never played this series but I've been tempted to pick this up.

Skyrim is my all time favorite RPG but a lot of that has to do with the harsh cold norse viking style setting whereas Dragon Age tends to be more of the colorful medieval "lutes and velvet vests" kind of fantasy. Also I liked the believability of the creatures appearances in Skyrim more than some of the overstylized japanamation creatures in DA. That being said Dragon Age Origins is the game that got me into this whole RPG genre and I have always LOVED everything DA! I agree with darthviper107 but although its not 100% open like Skyrim was its big enough that you don't notice the restrictions. If you liked Skyrim you should like this.

The quests are much better, overall graphics are better too, though while maps are very large they aren't as open as Skyrim--more cliffs and such.

True. I hate all of the rock faces I keep running into. Makes finding things a real hassle. Theres also not quite as many interesting things to do outside of the main missions in DA. In Skyrim, you can go off and tackle random dungeons, but DA doesnt seem to have that. Its mostly just collect 10 of these or find 5 of those kind of things. The main missions are awesome though. They feel big and important. Loving the main storyline stuff so far.

Ok, I am interested in this one, yet never played the other two. Would a noob be lost? Or does it allow new players? I tried to play Witcher 2 without Witcher 1 and there was a strong learning (characters curve)

Back