Dragon Age: Inquisition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Privyet

Super Freak
Reaction score
Morrigan is back! But i don't really care since I didn't sleep with her.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpEsgxlZqro[/ame]

I can't say I'm blown away with that. Combat appears to be as good as it was in DA2, but im a little underwhelmed by the graphics. Especially since theyre using Frostbite 3.

The effects look nice and detailed. I wish I could say the same for the texture packs of the environment and the models.

Frostbite 3 is a great engine, though.

the only things I can remember not liking about DA2 were the reused environments and how my character was super pretty in the customization menu but suddenly got swollen cheeks in the conversations.

I loved both DA Origins and DA2, so to each their own. :dunno

Same. Combat was vastly improved in 2. Everything else was a step backward though. I think it's bad rep is more based on disappointment than the game itself being bad.

I enjoyed the entire series, it's basically a singleplayer MMO PVE experience. You pretty much need to come from that perspective to enjoy the game, otherwise the combat wont really make sense.

-

The combat was fine in DA2 but the lazy approach to the recycled environments and enemies was unforgivable for a company like Bioware.
It also didn't feel like a continuation of the story from the first one to me.
Which is what I wanted.
Same universe?
Yes
But not a continuation.
It did have flashes of good writing and voice acting.
The Dragon fights were a joke.
I want the Grey Wardens back, the lore surrounding that group was really some great stuff. Bring back the Griffins that they used to ride.

I whole heartedly agree that DA: Origins was better than DA2 in terms of the characters, the humor and action. DA2 was enjoyable as it's own game and not a continuation of the first. If you could get past that fact (which took me awhile), then the game was much more enjoyable.

Gameinformer.com has alot of coverage of the game.
They posted about an 1hr Q&A podcast with Mike Laidlaw the lead designer at the site.
Be warned that Laidlaw has Peter Molyneaux syndrome however.
A gifted gabber that gets you all excited about the game only to have you come down with buyers remorse.

Everyone complained about the Graphics for Origins, so when they made DA2 that was their focus, leaving a crappy game. I doubt this will be good. Another Button Smasher I assume.

Dragon Age 2 was more like an expansion pack than a new game. It didnt really do anything storyline wise for me.

Characters were no where near as good as the orginal with the expection of Merrill and Varric.

Dragon Age 2 was a rush job and was released far too early.

I am a Bioware fanboy who buys anything they release just because it is by them and when I say it was OK at best you know it isnt a good game.

Does anyone know if they have made it so you can play Elves or Dwarfs again? Like in the original or are they sticking with Humans only again?

Back