Dragon Age: Inquisition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLCJaws of Hakkon DLC is Overpriced and not worth it! [Spoilers All](self.dragonage)
submitted 14 hours ago * by
CommandBen

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but. Jaws of Hakkon is Overpriced and basically just another Hinterlands-esque Area that's just filled with merchants, enemies and fetch quests. I bought it for Xbox One and just finished playing it. Is it bad? No Is worth $15 like (Mark of the Assassin, Legacy, Lair of the Shadow Broker, Citadel)? No
To give an example and a good comparison I'll Compare it to another $15 Bioware DLC Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC plus a $15 Dragon Age DLC Mark of the Assassin
Citadel DLC (Good $15 DLC)

1. Long emotional/humor/character driven last hurrah adventure with your squad (With tons of Cutscenes)
  2. More scenes with your love interest and companions
  3. Whole new areas filled with references and humor
  4. Worth the $15 Price Yes
Jaws of Hakkon (Bad $15 DLC)

1. Short Story 3-5 Cutscenes (Though the ending is good)
  2. No new sequences with companions or love interests
  3. Vacant but beautiful area filled with fetch quests, busy work, a couple of Boss Fights and new enemies and some new lore bits
  4. Worth the $15 price No!!!
Mark of the Assassin (Good $15 DLC)

1. Long story with a ton of Cutscenes and humor. + a new awesome companion
  2. New and unique sequences based on your party composition and your relationship with them
  3. Packed areas filled with unique interactions with returning characters and filled with new enemies, and lore
  4. Worth the $15 price Yes
Is it worth getting when the price has dropped or if it's bundled with a "Game of the Year/Ultimate" Edition? Yes!
If you're set on buying it watch some YouTube footage and read reviews or wait for the eventual big end game Solas Centered Story DLC then get Jaws of Hakkon for a reduced price or get it when it's bundled either with a new DLC or with a Game of the Year/Ultimate edition, just please look at all the options before you spend $15 on it like me expecting rich, epic, cutscene driven DLC and end up getting a re-skinned Hinterlands clone.
Also If people are saying it's unfair to compare it to the flawless Citadel DLC: I just picked my favorite $15 DLC which just so happened to be Citadel DLC. But even if you Compare Jaws of Hakkon to (Legacy, Mark of the Assassin, Lair of the Shadow Broker, Omega, Leviathan) it still comes up really lacking considering how much you payed for it. Overall it's fun there are a lot of challenging fights, there's new boss battles and enemies (I fought a Dragon, and fade tear that had 4 Pride Demons etc.). My playthrough clocked in at about 5 Hour's with my Max Leveled post game Rogue (I explored the whole map and did the side quests to try to pad out time). There's some funny comments from your party about the quest/area. There's also new Crafting Materials and some cool loot. But all in all is it worth $15? Absolutely Not In my opinion, it's worth about $5-$10 and that's pushing it. I just hope that there is a New, Epic, Companion Driven Story DLC in the future that I'll gladly spend $15 Dollars on.

:lol

I thought it was free too, then I looked back at origin, $15! GTFO!

I'll get it later, not now though.

DLCJaws of Hakkon DLC is Overpriced and not worth it! [Spoilers All](self.dragonage)
submitted 14 hours ago * by
CommandBen

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but. Jaws of Hakkon is Overpriced and basically just another Hinterlands-esque Area that's just filled with merchants, enemies and fetch quests. I bought it for Xbox One and just finished playing it. Is it bad? No Is worth $15 like (Mark of the Assassin, Legacy, Lair of the Shadow Broker, Citadel)? No
To give an example and a good comparison I'll Compare it to another $15 Bioware DLC Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC plus a $15 Dragon Age DLC Mark of the Assassin
Citadel DLC (Good $15 DLC)

1. Long emotional/humor/character driven last hurrah adventure with your squad (With tons of Cutscenes)
  2. More scenes with your love interest and companions
  3. Whole new areas filled with references and humor
  4. Worth the $15 Price Yes
Jaws of Hakkon (Bad $15 DLC)

1. Short Story 3-5 Cutscenes (Though the ending is good)
  2. No new sequences with companions or love interests
  3. Vacant but beautiful area filled with fetch quests, busy work, a couple of Boss Fights and new enemies and some new lore bits
  4. Worth the $15 price No!!!
Mark of the Assassin (Good $15 DLC)

1. Long story with a ton of Cutscenes and humor. + a new awesome companion
  2. New and unique sequences based on your party composition and your relationship with them
  3. Packed areas filled with unique interactions with returning characters and filled with new enemies, and lore
  4. Worth the $15 price Yes
Is it worth getting when the price has dropped or if it's bundled with a "Game of the Year/Ultimate" Edition? Yes!
If you're set on buying it watch some YouTube footage and read reviews or wait for the eventual big end game Solas Centered Story DLC then get Jaws of Hakkon for a reduced price or get it when it's bundled either with a new DLC or with a Game of the Year/Ultimate edition, just please look at all the options before you spend $15 on it like me expecting rich, epic, cutscene driven DLC and end up getting a re-skinned Hinterlands clone.
Also If people are saying it's unfair to compare it to the flawless Citadel DLC: I just picked my favorite $15 DLC which just so happened to be Citadel DLC. But even if you Compare Jaws of Hakkon to (Legacy, Mark of the Assassin, Lair of the Shadow Broker, Omega, Leviathan) it still comes up really lacking considering how much you payed for it. Overall it's fun there are a lot of challenging fights, there's new boss battles and enemies (I fought a Dragon, and fade tear that had 4 Pride Demons etc.). My playthrough clocked in at about 5 Hour's with my Max Leveled post game Rogue (I explored the whole map and did the side quests to try to pad out time). There's some funny comments from your party about the quest/area. There's also new Crafting Materials and some cool loot. But all in all is it worth $15? Absolutely Not In my opinion, it's worth about $5-$10 and that's pushing it. I just hope that there is a New, Epic, Companion Driven Story DLC in the future that I'll gladly spend $15 Dollars on.

That's a shame. I guess I'll wait for a sale.

I have a love/hate relationship with the DragonAge series.
Loved the first one.
Loathed the second one.
Wanted to boycott the third because I paid full price for the second and wanted to send a message to Bioware.
So Inquisition comes out and starts getting good reviews, (also enjoyed ME3 in the interim) but no way am I paying full price, so I get it used.
and...
I love it.
Perfect?
No but it's got a lot of content and the hrs played to money paid out ratio has been way in my favor.
Bioware seemed to have learned their lesson from the second.
So Im all for more content and once again give the benefit of the doubt to Bioware but it sounds like they resorted back to their EA overlords mind set: Money Grab DLC/Fetch Quests!
I haven't played it yet because I'm still playing the main and side missions and taking my sweet good ol time about it.
But if I really enjoy a game I'll usually pay the full price for the dlc to keep the "magic" going.
I do hope they'll do a more in depth expansion before moving to the next project.

All that said my new heroes in the gaming industry are the creators of Witcher3.
Because they appreciate their fan base and will be releasing all dlc at no cost I will buy the main game at full price.
EA and Activision wouldn't do that in a million years.

I have a love/hate relationship with the DragonAge series.
Loved the first one.
Loathed the second one.
Wanted to boycott the third because I paid full price for the second and wanted to send a message to Bioware.
So Inquisition comes out and starts getting good reviews, (also enjoyed ME3 in the interim) but no way am I paying full price, so I get it used.
and...
I love it.
Perfect?
No but it's got a lot of content and the hrs played to money paid out ratio has been way in my favor.
Bioware seemed to have learned their lesson from the second.
So Im all for more content and once again give the benefit of the doubt to Bioware but it sounds like they resorted back to their EA overlords mind set: Money Grab DLC/Fetch Quests!
I haven't played it yet because I'm still playing the main and side missions and taking my sweet good ol time about it.
But if I really enjoy a game I'll usually pay the full price for the dlc to keep the "magic" going.
I do hope they'll do a more in depth expansion before moving to the next project.

All that said my new heroes in the gaming industry are the creators of Witcher3.
Because they appreciate their fan base and will be releasing all dlc at no cost I will buy the main game at full price.
EA and Activision wouldn't do that in a million years.

So you don't like the new DLC?

So you don't like the new DLC?

Like I wrote above I'm still playing the main campaign and side quests but I did purchase and loaded it into the game.
It shows up on the war map but I think it's meant to played after everything else is done.

Like I wrote above I'm still playing the main campaign and side quests but I did purchase and loaded it into the game.
It shows up on the war map but I think it's meant to played after everything else is done.

Oohhhh ... wait, ain't this your second run? And to add to your remark, I read somewhere that you should be at level 20 firstly before you start the DLC.

Sigh. Having a new area to explore sounds exciting to me.

I tend to stick to a select few games that I play over and over - DA:I is one of them...............have they said how long the timed exclusive window ends?

Back